AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Tex! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an interesting comment for mine,

“Since the start of the year, the connection between each other (has improved),” Wanganeen said.

“There’s no real AFL or VFL program, it feels like we’re just one team and the last few weeks have shown (that) on the back of that, we’ve got a great bond with each other and we’re a connected team.”

Not sure why there wouldn’t have been a concerted effort by the football department to generate this club-wide team connection between all tiers in the past. Seems weird that there has ever been a delineation created.
I think it is why they moved Leigh Tudor on and put Caracella there . There was obviously some issues that they saw last year .

Not offered a contract for 2025 New

Still only 20 right? Showed some flashes and might get another crack due to his youth, but not a lot improvement in the 3 years he's been in our system so I understand why the club cut their losses. Seems like a good kid though, hope he shines in the VFL and gets a shot elsewhere!

This one is a mistake. 2 years and he'd be our best half back. Scott seemingly allergic to blokes with agility and footskills. Could see Hawks pick him up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they were going to delist him, why not give him a game to see how he went a half back. This is what is wrong with the club, yet they continue to play Kelly for no reason
Not up to it, don’t give games to see what his likes. Players need t earn games, can’t shine in vfl not going to in afl

Not up to it, don’t give games to see what his likes. Players need t earn games, can’t shine in vfl not going to in afl
Senior players dont earn games and dont play VFL.

A slow quick bloke, another good decision overall as had a few years and chances and hasn't shown enough.

Great he played a few games for the family connection. Well done Tex.

Was on the cards. He played some okay footy at half back but his the fact that sometimes he would not have found an opponent if he had a bell and a flashing light on him was a problem in that role.
Too bad injury robbed him of his best chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Tex! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back