Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes not getting BOG in the game he lost to us by a point was odd as well. Truly dominant.

That said, you can always pick out 5 or 10 throughout the year that don't seem right, the subjectivity & unique POV of the umpires is part of what makes the BL what it is

The kick went the wrong way, if it was a goal;

A Goodes 3 votes - would have been a certainty

The kick went the wrong way, if it was a goal;

A Goodes 3 votes - would have been a certainty
He was still that far ahead of anyone else on the park it's not funny, the only reason they were in it at all, forward back midfield clearing it running it marking it kicking it... superb.

(bar that kick) the only thing I can think of was that idiotic moment where he punched it over by himself - then argued the toss.

Another wtf moment was when Ablett polled 2 votes against us in a 70 point win.
I can't even recall him playing that well.

Meanwhile Boomer 28 possies 4 goals and i don't think he even polled!
Ablett was huge that game. Most games his performance would've gotten him the three votes - unfortunately for him Wells put in close to the best individual performance from a Roos player this year that night.
iirc, they were going head2head against each other most of that game as well...
But Harvey was most definitely better than whoever got the one vote that game (Petrie I think it was? he wasn't even our best forward that night).
Oh here's another one: Jonathan Brown getting 3 votes v Us. Sure, he kicked 6 goals, but 2 of them were directly from free kicks and 50. Keys did a really good job of holding him, now his debut looks significantly less fantastic.
To make things even stranger, it was only four goals. :eek: Feel good story for his comeback game? Although I've tried to forget that game so I don't really remember who played well instead of him...

Simpson and Scotland were clearly better against us than Judd was. Top 4 was definitely Simpson, Scotland, Wells and Gibbs that night in no order.

Bemused that Rawlings ended up with more votes than Wells...

Judd polled against us what a joke! Must have been that captain's goal he kicked in the last quarter from 50 metres and the umpires simultaneously orgasmed over it.
There were 15 players better than him on the night.

Agreed who should of got the one though

I would of gone

3 Gibbs
2 swallow
1 hendo

Yes and Yes.
Henderson was alright but our delivery to Petrie a lot of time was plain woeful so he was allowed to do as he pleased.
I would of had Yarran with the one vote, thought he tore it up across half back and helped set up the win.

There wasn't a lot of love for the running half back players this year though a part from Dalsanto.

Yes and Yes.
Henderson was alright but our delivery to Petrie a lot of time was plain woeful so he was allowed to do as he pleased.
I would of had Yarran with the one vote, thought he tore it up across half back and helped set up the win.

There wasn't a lot of love for the running half back players this year though a part from Dalsanto.

I dunno think hendorson was a big reason we won but yarran was good aswell anyway last post here good luck for 2012

Any one calling for Thomas to be dropped has rocks in their heads, he is in our best 22 all day long. If any one needs to be dropped it is slow as cow mcmahon, this bloke is useless, has no idea where to stand he gets beaten by his man 95% of the time, cant tackle, not even a play maker, cant kick, cant even hit a target by hand. He is hopless.

Ironic OP is ironic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We conceded the 3rd highest i50s for the round yet we couldve won from the last kick of the game. Our backline was superb

6 ironics
I think she agrees.

images

Any one calling for Mcmahon to be dropped has rocks in their heads, he is in our best 22 all day long. If any one needs to be dropped it is fat as a house Petrie, this bloke is useless, has no idea where to stand he gets beaten by his man 95% of the time, cant mark, not even a play maker, cant jump, cant even kick a goal from the goalsquare. He is hopless.

Any one calling for Thomas to be dropped has rocks in their heads, he is in our best 22 all day long. If any one needs to be dropped it is slow as cow mcmahon, this bloke is useless, has no idea where to stand he gets beaten by his man 95% of the time, cant tackle, not even a play maker, cant kick, cant even hit a target by hand. He is hopless.

Can this OP all you like but he has a point. It's truly un-Kangaroo-like to be "hopless".

Stalin >>>>>> Buddha

Now there's a first.

BTW, good to see you back mate.:thumbsu:

Stalin >>>>>> Buddha

Now there's a first.

BTW, good to see you back mate.:thumbsu:

Cheers. Couldn't resist the lure of the footy siren's song and intellectually-engaging threads like this.

Just staying on the North board, and keeping away from freaks....

*looks at thread*

....that don't barrack for North.

At the end of the day, this spud would struggle to get a game in any other side. I have heard so many north people at the footy bag this bloke, i got mates who follow other teams who dont even know who he is. He is a dud footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back