Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Had we had our defensive posts playing.

McMahon wouldn't have had to pick up a bloke who has 3cms and 10kgs on him.
The whole Goldy thing was stupid, but had we been able to maintain our workrate in the middle would we have allowed 67 inside 50s?

I thought the defence was outstanding all round.

The midfield needs a good kick up the ass tho.

He did.

I remember stating in his player thread last year, that he had a great three weeks of football (R-17-19), against the Dogs, Lions and the Blues where he was more than solid in a loss.

That very next week, he smashed the Hawks.

Had a very good 2011 and a great last month and a half of football.
Had a great 2011 are you joking or what, did not even finish in the top10 in our B/F.

gene-hunt-bastards_480x360.jpg

The guv says "Scott McMahon was in Norf's best players last Sat'dee night....END OF!!!!"

You are the one saying he had 7 rebounds, so how many of these rebounds did he set up play with. zero

Dont know without watching the game again and counting. But he had 15 disposals obviously 7 of those were rebound 50s and had 80% efficiency. If he turned over every one of those 7 then something isnt adding up.

Your the one saying the all came back over his head, perhaps you can help me with the math.

Dont know without watching the game again and counting. But he had 15 disposals obviously 7 of those were rebound 50s and had 80% efficiency. If he turned over every one of those 7 then something isnt adding up.

Your the one saying the all came back over his head, perhaps you can help me with the math.
Watch the game again and you will see for yourself where the ball landed everytime he did one of his amazing rebounds. Any one can kick to a contest not one of them hit a team- mate. At one stage in the game right in front of me he missed L.A with a hand ball from 2 meters away.

Had we had our defensive posts playing.

McMahon wouldn't have had to pick up a bloke who has 3cms and 10kgs on him.

3cm's.... please mate. He is a good player... nothing more, nothing less.

Do I think he will be starting BP in our next premiership, no, but that's just my opinion. I also would rather have Daw in the team 0ver Hmac but I try to keep that to myself for fear of being ousted as a despot/infidel.

IMHO it comes down to team balance, McMahon and Firitto are essentially the same player, mid paced, mid skilled shutdown defenders not really capable of shutting down the very players they are in the team to shutdown.

As good as Spud was on Saturday Night Hurley could have kicked 5 or 6. Same for Crameri.

Spud and Loose, whilst very good this week minus the obligatory brain farts -got a bit lucky with their opponents having off nights in front of the sticks... or in Hurley's case, trying to handball when 20m out straight in front :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the game again and you will see for yourself where the ball landed everytime he did one of his amazing rebounds. Any one can kick to a contest not one of them hit a team- mate. At one stage in the game right in front of me he missed L.A with a hand ball from 2 meters away.

You weren't at the 2009 Collingwood v Adelaide semi final, were you?

I've just viewed the replay again and, with this thread's message that "Loose is shyte" on my mind I thought I'd pay close attention to him throughout.

I rated this thread 6 ironics initially.

I now rate it 6 barrels of excrement.

Simply put budda, you're wrong!

Don't worry, plenty of others have been just as wrong since Saturday night's close loss. Many of the players who've been pilloried just do not deserve it on their efforts against the Bombers.

Anyhow, it's about time we started to look forward to the GWS game..............

I sat in the pocket Loose was playing in during the 2nd and 4th quarters, and he was fricken fantastic against shithouse odds.

If only Jon Ralph would mention him in an article and Justin Schmidt could give him a 1 vote maybe dear old budda could accept him into the fold :thumbsu:

I've just viewed the replay again and, with this thread's message that "Loose is shyte" on my mind I thought I'd pay close attention to him throughout.

I rated this thread 6 ironics initially.

I now rate it 6 barrels of excrement.

Simply put budda, you're wrong!

Don't worry, plenty of others have been just as wrong since Saturday night's close loss. Many of the players who've been pilloried just do not deserve it on their efforts against the Bombers.

Anyhow, it's about time we started to look forward to the GWS game..............
I'm not wrong, so how many shots on goal did his man he was playing on have?

I sat in the pocket Loose was playing in during the 2nd and 4th quarters, and he was fricken fantastic against shithouse odds.

If only Jon Ralph would mention him in an article and Justin Schmidt could give him a 1 vote maybe dear old budda could accept him into the fold :thumbsu:
He is playing against 18 year old this round,lets hope he does get a mention. Lets hope he doesn't get his jocks taken off him by a kid.

:mad:
I don't hate any-one buddy, but going by the comments on here it sounds like this spud has, never been in the top 5 B/F, never been to the brownlow and never got a vote,we all know the media never ever mention his name, let alone ever been best on ground or the top 3 on ground, yet some people think he is gun. I hope he reads this, maybe he can answer the questions. All im saying is, he should be playing for north ballarat and even when he did play there he still didnt get a best on ground.

the comments are yours.

how many brownlows did Carey win ??

How many did Archer win??

How many B&F did Jakovch win yet was able to stop the most damaging player ever in the competition every time he played on him.

You have a short memory look at last year 3 times in best

I am glad this spud is in our side and spuds like you have no say:mad:

Hater

Watched the reply last night, a of course paid close attention to Loose. A handball to Anthony fell short of the mark, but in the right direction so got away with it.

His punch away that shouldve resulted in a goal was bad, he knew it straight away to. As the commentators said, get 2 hands to it, mark it.

Was easily brushed aside by Hurley who marked and goaled, but surely wasnt his man. No idea where Spud was, had time to get back there and picked him up after it. Shouldnt have happened.

No one goes through a game without mistake, a very serviceable game. He often takes the kick outs, perhaps budda is angry on those, but its clear kick it to Drew is the plan, hardly his fault for that.

:mad:

the comments are yours.

how many brownlows did Carey win ??

How many did Archer win??

How many B&F did Jakovch win yet was able to stop the most damaging player ever in the competition every time he played on him.

You have a short memory look at last year 3 times in best

I am glad this spud is in our side and spuds like you have no say:mad:

Hater
I'm not saying he should win a brownlow, was he named in the top 3 in best on ground or part of the 7 that get named. He did play 21 games last year, in a year we had massive injurys, yet finished out side the top 10 in our B/F and some are saying he had a great year. By the way why are you getting so angry about.

I'm not wrong, so how many shots on goal did his man he was playing on have?

Dunno, I wasn't watching with a pen ticking off each goal by an opponent of his, but looking at the broad picture of our defence and how he performed within it.

Originally Posted by ROOStaR
Watched the reply last night, a of course paid close attention to Loose. A handball to Anthony fell short of the mark, but in the right direction so got away with it.

His punch away that shouldve resulted in a goal was bad, he knew it straight away to. As the commentators said, get 2 hands to it, mark it.

Was easily brushed aside by Hurley who marked and goaled, but surely wasnt his man. No idea where Spud was, had time to get back there and picked him up after it. Shouldnt have happened.

No one goes through a game without mistake, a very serviceable game. He often takes the kick outs, perhaps budda is angry on those, but its clear kick it to Drew is the plan, hardly his fault for that.

Well summarised. Other than those few errors he was superb. As was Hunter S. Both repelling attack after attack under a deluge of opportunities for the Bombers. Loose spoiled well, mostly delivered with precision, and he took some telling marks.

Seriously budda, he played a very important role, and he did so with aplomb for the most part. This thread, whilst an opinion piece and everyone has one of those, is misguided and way too harsh on a player who's undeserving of such an assessment. But, each to their own.

the one i had massive tantrum against bummer was edwards. He messed up 2 chances that could have sent up forward to an unmanned essendon goal. He did kick a final quarter clutch goal but otherwise the one to drop.

Lock this trash down IMO, its gotten to the point where hes struggling to think up why Loose was bad and when he does its just getting shot down with clear evidence by other posters.

Definition of futility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back