Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

That reads to me like the opponents in the SANFL had no idea who he was early days and then started putting proper time into him once he showed he was above the level

As a young forward you’d hope he’d be able to continue developing
Knocked unconscious, missed a week . Perhaps take that into account in your pontifications

Dwayne gives us a fair go unlike the little muppet before him
He’s actually smart enough to blow wind up our clackers knowing how popular the tigers are , would be pretty dumb to shit can us , reads out a lot of texts too , if you call him pipe , guaranteed

I've seen a fair bit of this kid this year and he is well worth the risk. You are 100% right - after it became common knowledge how good he could be he became a target and was double teamed and manhandled constantly. Umpiring in the SANFL is even worse than at AFL level so he has been afforded little or no protection but he has continued to compete and bring the ball to ground where Nth Adelaides smalls have been feasting on opportunities - a good team player because he is dragging two or three defenders to a contest - in good spots to score from crumbing - not deep into pockets etc. By all reports a cracking kid too. Sadly - its going to hurt my beloved North Adelaide's competitiveness but think most at the club are really pleased for the lad to have been given an opportunity. Hope you all enjoy watching him progress.
Cheers madrooter

Speaks brilliantly. Can’t wait to see what he does.
He nominated for 18 months so we will have some time with him
He’s 19 anything he does this year is a bonus , get a pre season under his belt , some beef on that frame and much to work with

I've seen a fair bit of this kid this year and he is well worth the risk. You are 100% right - after it became common knowledge how good he could be he became a target and was double teamed and manhandled constantly. Umpiring in the SANFL is even worse than at AFL level so he has been afforded little or no protection but he has continued to compete and bring the ball to ground where Nth Adelaides smalls have been feasting on opportunities - a good team player because he is dragging two or three defenders to a contest - in good spots to score from crumbing - not deep into pockets etc. By all reports a cracking kid too. Sadly - its going to hurt my beloved North Adelaide's competitiveness but think most at the club are really pleased for the lad to have been given an opportunity. Hope you all enjoy watching him progress.
Thanks for feedback Madrooster1964, much appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Clarke’s post draft wrap, he started the year playing back and was moved forward with immediate success.

I’m not sure how often he played forward prior to this year but you’d think he’s still pretty green in forward craft (running patterns , positioning etc), meaning there’s probably lots of development to come.

JR the perfect tutor to hone his forward craft

Reckon with Gibcus ability to play back and the club thinking he can play forward, we now have Bauer who can play forward or go back. Would think these 2 play and would be the magnet switches at either end when a change needs to be made up forward, I'd suspect. Smart move imo.

Thanks. A forward that doesn’t get free kicks despite dragging two to three defenders will fit right into our side.

Reckon with Gibcus ability to play back and the club thinking he can play forward, we now have Bauer who can play forward or go back. Would think these 2 play and would be the magnet switches at either end when a change needs to be made up forward, I'd suspect. Smart move imo.
And don't forget Balta!

Like the look of Jacob. Probably not growing any taller. Skinny as all get out. But I see what the club likes. Fast, high leap, gets ball at top point, great kick and good on the ground.

Longer term, if he can put on forward pressure, he can fill that 3rd forward role and frees us up to not necessarily have to get that super mobile KPF. Although we have so many mobile tall KPDs we might just look at moving one forward permanently.

Can't really see Bauer playing much AFL this year, unless we really need help. But longer term he fills a hole quite nicely. And we will know whether he can make it to AFL level by the end of this contract.

Long term use of the mid-season draft. Looks smart.

Like the look of Jacob. Probably not growing any taller. Skinny as all get out. But I see what the club likes. Fast, high leap, gets ball at top point, great kick and good on the ground.

Longer term, if he can put on forward pressure, he can fill that 3rd forward role and frees us up to not necessarily have to get that super mobile KPF. Although we have so many mobile tall KPDs we might just look at moving one forward permanently.

Can't really see Bauer playing much AFL this year, unless we really need help. But longer term he fills a hole quite nicely. And we will know whether he can make it to AFL level by the end of this contract.

Long term use of the mid-season draft. Looks smart.
What a luxury to be learning his craft sharing a forward line with lynch where rest assured he sure won’t be getting best defender ,,,will add strength but not a heap of bulk as not too many high fliers are like 100kg . In short term looking forward to see what kinda impact at vfl he makes

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back