Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Going fwd you likely cannot play both cz and pc in the same forward line, duursma comes in , a key tall unless teakle can step up and playing a small forward means one of them misses out. Atm i think curtis may have more room to improve but we would want to be dropping rubbish like those 50m penalties pretty soon. Actually pink probobly offers better structure and has become at least as much a goal threat.
Curtis’ output is already double CZ’s, and he is doing it as a 21 YO.

Duursma will overtake him next year.

Signing him for 5 on big coin is madness.

Going fwd you likely cannot play both cz and pc in the same forward line, duursma comes in , a key tall unless teakle can step up and playing a small forward means one of them misses out. Atm i think curtis may have more room to improve but we would want to be dropping rubbish like those 50m penalties pretty soon. Actually pink probobly offers better structure and has become at least as much a goal threat.

It’s so hard. Both PC and Zurhaar are capable of ridiculously good things. But when they go missing, it really hurts us. We need consistency.

It’s so hard. Both PC and Zurhaar are capable of ridiculously good things. But when they go missing, it really hurts us. We need consistency.
Which is why only one of these 2 plays, fwif its not completely on them but with our dumpster fire forward entries we are just going to rebound forward entries untill we address both.

Last week carlton were entering 50 with low eyes and curnot at times was undefendable. Only sheezel and tom powell occasionally have this penetration. Kerch also breaks lines and brings it in low.

I think 5 years is definitely overs. I am at the point if he doesn't want to sign for less and he wants to leave then go. As you said Curtis has already gone past him and we have Eddie and Zane. I am sick of players getting long term deals and they end up playing poorly.

I'm not shifting. Form is temporary, talent isn't.

Players like Cam run in peaks and troughs. We need him around when we're really starting to push up.
He's in the right age group and has plenty of talent, I'd like to keep him too, but anyone who still thinks he will ever be a regular upfield is kidding themselves. Just doesn't think his way through issues up the field.

You're right, Curtis has been a big improver, and long may it continue, but he's still got a way to get past Zurhaar

Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 9.53.43 AM.png

I'm not shifting. Form is temporary, talent isn't.

Players like Cam run in peaks and troughs. We need him around when we're really starting to push up.
Especially when speculation starts about what compensation pick might be available, there's a tendency to confirmation bias, as it is now with Zurhaar. If you start spending pick 3/4/5, particular incidents appear as evidence that he is not committed/over-hyped/should be doing more/not worth 5 years.

The actual data points in another direction. Zurhaar is averaging 1.5 goals a game (ranks him elite), and this from a side that has the third lowest I50 count in the competition. If we add another 200 I50s (the distance between north and the best in the comp), and Zurhaar kept up his proportional output, we'd be saying give him 7 years

There's a reason Clarkson declared him a required player a few weeks ago.

Especially when speculation starts about what compensation pick might be available, there's a tendency to confirmation bias, as it is now with Zurhaar. If you start spending pick 3/4/5, particular incidents appear as evidence that he is not committed/over-hyped/should be doing more/not worth 5 years.

The actual data points in another direction. Zurhaar is averaging 1.5 goals a game (ranks him elite), and this from a side that has the third lowest I50 count in the competition. If we add another 200 I50s (the distance between north and the best in the comp), and Zurhaar kept up his proportional output, we'd be saying give him 7 years

There's a reason Clarkson declared him a required player a few weeks ago.

Spot on. Plus we are moving the ball much slower now which doesn’t help him.

If this is getting close to Zuurhars peak, what the hell will he be producing in 2-3 years? Let alone 5.
No burst. No defensive efforts or tackles let a lone A ****ing hip and shoulder like the past.

It's a team sport, he adds to the pile so if the pile is low, he aint that high but by 2026, the team would be of a much higher stature, you will find him be the matchwinner type player he showed glimpse of.

As a 21 YO kid, PC is building. He came from a long way back fitness-wise, after two more pre-seasons and better supply, he will be in games longer and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 2 goals, close to a goal assist, 4 inside 50s and 1-2 tackles inside 50, which for a small forward would be elite.

Im not too sure if we are using him in the intended way just like how we haven't used ziebell enough to isolate one out in the goal square.

We need to put him one out in the goal square much more often and pull the rest out of the forward arc to create the mismatch by putting him on a smaller player.

Larkey with 2 players on him in the goal square will never get anything done so why not f***ing pull him out to play further up the ground and allow his mobility to be put into action.

Let teakes to be in the goal square for that intial jump at the ball. Larkey is currently wasted in the goal square, mark my word, his influence will be far greater by playing chf.

obviously people don't realise that the 3rd best defender will move from zurhaar to curtis if he leaves. it's stupid to make a comparison of 2 general forwards in the same team.

also, forwards outputs are dependant on the mids, whether they're dominant and their delivery i50. our forwards go missing because our mids go missing.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a 21 YO kid, PC is building. He came from a long way back fitness-wise, after two more pre-seasons and better supply, he will be in games longer and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is averaging 2 goals, close to a goal assist, 4 inside 50s and 1-2 tackles inside 50, which for a small forward would be elite.
Break out year imo

****ing best news ever **** all you campaigners trying to hock him off for some magic beans so you can pull yourself about drafting sone pindicked kid who might be fit to carry the great man's bags when their balls drop in 15 years.

Yes!!!!!!

It’s good for the club, I have heard Clarko talk at an event how important his mature body and age profile is to the club.

Reality is he is worth more to us than anyone else. My understanding is he is kind of the heartbeat of the lads at the club as well.
and he can cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back