Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy has had 6 different coaches.

So has many other of our players.

Xerri has elevated himself.

Larkey elevated himself.

LDU has elevated himself.

He’s a good ordinary AFL footballer.

This contract sits in the Simpkin and McDonald category until he can prove otherwise imo.

As in reality he’s only performing marginally better than those two at the moment.

I’d expect an AA squad caliber season during this contract from someone we have at $700k and 5 years.

Gee he's a bloody good footballer, the archetypal modern flanker. Looking forward to him having it easier as we improve.

Oh and...

Sick of playing CHF I'm 190cm.

""

Hear ya Cam, say hi to Comben and Teakle, oh I'll stay thanks .

""

Ransom 🤨
Bit dramatic.
Missed out “a little” there. He has - as his right - left the club hanging while others signed on in the darkest days of our demise.

I don’t know how this can be refuted.

His fickle form has been troubling all year. And it is either stemming from fitness or buy-in. Either way it has been a worry that the club this year could have done without.

The good news is that his rise in form has coincided with us being competitive, Andy we Jenny is on, his game is a wonder to behold.

Missed out “a little” there. He has - as his right - left the club hanging while others signed on in the darkest days of our demise.

His fickle form has been troubling all year. And it is either stemming from fitness or buy-in. Either way it has been a worry that the club this year could have done without.

The good news is that his rise in form has coincided with us being competitive, Andy we Jenny is on, his game is a wonder to behold.

Read what I said just above your post, is interesting and a fair comment one would think.

Gee he's a bloody good footballer, the archetypal modern flanker. Looking forward to him having it easier as we improve.

Oh and...

Sick of playing CHF I'm 190cm.

""

Hear ya Cam, say hi to Comben and Teakle, oh I'll stay thanks .

""

When does Cam play CHF? 😂

Nothing close to the archetypal modern flanker.

They tend to have massive engines and put on a shitload of defensive pressure.

Cam might be an archetypal flanker from 20 years ago….

Watch Dylan Moore and Gryan Miers for a game if you want to see what a quality two way one looks like.

When does Cam play CHF? 😂

Nothing close to the archetypal modern flanker.

They tend to have massive engines and put on a shitload of defensive pressure.

Can might be an archetypal flanker from 20 years ago….

Watxh Dylan Moore and Gryan Miers for a game if you want to see what a quality two way one looks like.

Oh shut up, gees you shit me. you're football w***er

Well, he kept his bullshit cooking one going pretty strong.

I’m not a cam hater. A few years ago, I thought he was captain material, but he and his manager did in fact tell us they wanted to see improvement. Yet we’ve seen sweet f all. We’re giving solid 5 year deals to our senior core who like to switch off once they’ve gotten them. I hope cam does a better job.
The only one you might say has "switched off" after their deal is Souv and he is dealing with insane amounts of attention after kicking 70 goals in a terrible side.

His form has consistently improved since the Port game and he's played better team footy since then too. Before that he was pretty average even when kicking three goals in a game.

Well, he kept his bullshit cooking one going pretty strong.

I’m not a cam hater. A few years ago, I thought he was captain material, but he and his manager did in fact tell us they wanted to see improvement. Yet we’ve seen sweet f all. We’re giving solid 5 year deals to our senior core who like to switch off once they’ve gotten them. I hope cam does a better job.

I’m rather ambivalent atm

I suspect when the others are firing on the GF he will pop up to kick the last minute sealers

Edit Re S.Dew

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half the posters in here live in a fantasy land where they think that we can afford to let a player like CZ walk. Where we shouldn’t have to pay him market value and that he should just put up and shut up.

He could have easily walked into every other team, gotten paid and not have to shoulder the development of 75% of the list.

Yes, he’s been there through the tough times and we owe him respect for that but I think there are at least 12 on the list ahead of him and probably add 2 more at the draft (and that’s not counting either captain or WillPhill).
So, he put us over a barrel and came out the winner, good luck to him. I just like to see him play to the hype more than a couple of times a season

Yes, he’s been there through the tough times and we owe him respect for that but I think there are at least 12 on the list ahead of him and probably add 2 more at the draft (and that’s not counting either captain or WillPhill).
So, he put us over a barrel and came out the winner, good luck to him. I just like to see him play to the hype more than a couple of times a season

He is a very good 3rd tall and can be the type of player who cracks the game open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Back