#45 Blaine Johnson to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

So we all want Menzel to be sub again then? Definitely an impact player who operates in short sharp bursts.

Yet when he kept getting the vest this board loathed it.
Whenever Menz was sub he was useless except the WCE game. Most other games he had 1 or 2 disposals tops.

Whenever Menz was sub he was useless except the WCE game. Most other games he had 1 or 2 disposals tops.

I seem to recall him bobbing up and kicking a couple of goals in a game or two last year as sub, but not 100% sure on that.
Only been sub a handful of times this year (Port, West Coast, Collingwood?) so not a huge sample size. Still certainly fits the criteria of 'impact sub'.

Last night was the first time I have seen Johnson, not only play but up until last night was the first time I have seen what he looked like. Seemed to be very hard at the ball and man, a lot to like and I hope he gets more chances this year. Good debut Blaine and all the best for the future!

The irony is for all the criticism Malthouse copped for what he said he is spot on. I still watch and go to the footy but I have to admit it is more out of habit and a tradition of the past rather than a love of the modern game.

I seem to recall him bobbing up and kicking a couple of goals in a game or two last year as sub, but not 100% sure on that.
Only been sub a handful of times this year (Port, West Coast, Collingwood?) so not a huge sample size. Still certainly fits the criteria of 'impact sub'.
Was only sub twice last year from memory. No goals (first game v port and EF v Richmond)

Personally I don't think any forward makes a good sub. Needs to be a mid or a half back runner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much spoken about Blaine this week but others have taken out a Rising Star nomination for performances worse than this one.

Kid has shown plenty in his 5 quarters of AFL football and will hopefully get at least another week to show more, albeit against much better opposition.

Shown enough to warrant his spot and clearly something to work with.

Have to see what he can bring against a quality side rather than a glorified training drill (St Kilda) and his kicking didnt look the best...hopefully just nerves.

...........and the week after and the one after that.
If we pull out a quality player from #43 in the rookie draft we would have done very well.

Blaine's done very well to show form just as another forward wasn't. Opportunity is .................

I agree.
I just think the intensity of this weeks game (compared to last week) might seem as different as AFL to VFL

Just went and checked Blaine's profile on CFC and they already had his debut game. Never known it to be within a game with updates. :thumbsu:
Haha, this is too true. They are usually 12-18 months behind. If anyone is keen, I'm happy to offer odds that Bootsma is still there until 2015 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

#45 Blaine Johnson to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back