Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the front cover of a magazine and a series of scholarly articles really incite assassination?
I suppose you have to look at whether it was aimed at incitement, or whether it was an observation of reality.

Interesting that newspaper covers from Murdoch with Rudd and Swan photoshopped onto Nazi characters from Hogan's Heroes got laughs and applause from the right wing media and people on whatever online social media we had at the time.

I am sure we can do a little search on BigFooty as a chronicle of the reaction at the time.

The shooter tried more than any other anti-Trumper before him to end Trumpism.

He probably wanted to be seen as a hero to the anti-Trump movement.

But instead of being seen as a martyr, what does he get?

A whole heap of anti-Trumpers denigrating him for missing.

His death was in vain.
Weird take, as I'm sure you know.

Another weird thing is comparing an actual planned assassination attempt by an obviously right-wing registered Republican and gun nut with a pretty definitely right wing father, to people in gotcha vox pops on right wing social media channels being egged into making jokes about missing Trump (before being more sincere about concern with political violence).

The cancellation was Black being 100% focussed on his US career and possible future ramifications back home.

Has been latched on to by the media here, but don't think it caused much of a ripple from those who were there.
I dont know what the mood was like after but the clip I posted had half? of the crowd laughing politely

I think there is always a level of incitement with covers like those
Incite who and how?

The New Republic is a scholarly liberal magazine first published in 1941 focussed on American news, arts, culture and political commentary. I can't imagine it is on the radar of anyone likely to be 'incited' to commit hate crime or a political assassination attack - although I accept that an out of context re-posting of that cover on social media might.

The front page of a periodical magazine like The New Republic, or a comment made by a comedian on stage is not the same as the divisive and ongoing violent commentary from a high profile political candidate like MTG (or any high profile candidate or commentator):

1721262169956.png

IMHO, the real problem here is the lack of context when calling out covers and comments for political effect - be it in main stream media outlets or social media platforms like this one. And the false equivalence that results.

That's what needs to be called out.

Last edited:
Incite who and how?
You answered below. For what type of magazine and readership how the hell do I know about it here?

That was my point - its generated for clicks and then the buttons start mashing to your point about lack of context

So when Trump gets in what are you folk going to do with your life with possibly 4 years of it left.

Do conservatives stand for anything other than spiting the left?

Do conservatives stand for anything other than spiting the left?
That has certainly overtaken a lot of ideology over the last 8 years

Trigger the lEfT is more important than candidate quality

Pedophile grifter criminal scum? Does he trigger the Left ? Yes . Well he is a good old boy to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a serious response?

Once spotted on the roof that there was an armed man crawling towards Trump he should have been taken off stage within seconds.

It’s beyond belief they “monitored” him let him line Trump up and took shots.

And yes absolutely anyone within a line of site hiding on a roof lining up the ex president should be shot prior to them taking the first shot.
How did the SS (or any law enforcement) KNOW he had a gun? Because some rednecks said he did? Have any of those videos included people saying he had a gun? Until you 100% confirm there's a gun, you can't shoot a person for being on a roof.

If Trump wasn't allowed on stage any time somebody was on a roof within 500 yards, he'd never take the stage.

Really? Shutting down borders to immigration, banning abortion, lower taxes, lower welfare, promoting traditional family christian values etc.

What do you mean do conservatives stand for anything? Were you not thinking when you posted that?

Conservatives stand for opposing what the left stands for. While conservatives may claim they're for lower welfare, or against abortion - it's simply a reaction to left wing policies.

I grew up conservative and around a lot of conservatives, and I say with a lot of confidence that conservatism is a low IQ ideology for low IQ people.

Really? Shutting down borders to immigration, banning abortion, lower taxes, lower welfare, promoting traditional family christian values etc.

What do you mean do conservatives stand for anything? Were you not thinking when you posted that?
Promoting traditional family christian values? You don't still believe that, do you?

There seems to be a fairly big disconnect between what Trump supporters think Trump supports and what Trump actually supports.

For example, traditional Biblical Christianity is extremely pro-welfare and pro-immigration.

How did the SS (or any law enforcement) KNOW he had a gun? Because some rednecks said he did? Have any of those videos included people saying he had a gun? Until you 100% confirm there's a gun, you can't shoot a person for being on a roof.

If Trump wasn't allowed on stage any time somebody was on a roof within 500 yards, he'd never take the stage.
  • 5:10 p.m. Crooks was first identified as a person of interest
  • 5:30 p.m. Crooks was spotted with a rangefinder
  • 5:52 p.m. Crooks was spotted on the roof by Secret Service
  • 6:02 p.m. Trump takes the stage
  • 6:12 p.m. Crooks fires first shots
I’m sorry but pure incompetence. A ****ing range finder?

Climbing on roofs

Spotted 20 mins before

Promoting traditional family christian values? You don't still believe that, do you?

There seems to be a fairly big disconnect between what Trump supporters think Trump supports and what Trump actually supports.

For example, traditional Biblical Christianity is extremely pro-welfare and pro-immigration.
Post was about conservatives. Not trump.

Is this a serious response?

Once spotted on the roof that there was an armed man crawling towards Trump he should have been taken off stage within seconds.

It’s beyond belief they “monitored” him let him line Trump up and took shots.

And yes absolutely anyone within a line of site hiding on a roof lining up the ex president should be shot prior to them taking the first shot.

Pretty sure 'shoot first, ask questions later' is not how the Secret Service works. That's a Police thing.

Climbing on roofs

Spotted 20 mins before

Source for those times? I haven't kept up with all the latest articles.

Pretty sure 'shoot first, ask questions later' is not how the Secret Service works. That's a Police thing.
My bad secret service did a fantastic job and were perfect. How could they have predicted a kid with a range finder on a roof crawling towards Trump with a gun could be a threat.

Climbing on roofs

Spotted 20 mins before
You don't think there are people at Trump rallies with binoculars?

It's America, guns are ubiquitous, you can't shoot somebody for having a rangefinder when you can't shoot them for having a gun.

Where those people were standing who saw him, they would have been allowed to be carrying guns, as they're outside the secure perimeter.

The people who knew he was a person of interest were not the same people who saw a person climb on a roof.

• 5:10 p.m. Crooks was first identified as a person of interest (probably among dozens or hundreds of other people flagged)
  • 5:30 p.m. Person was spotted with a rangefinder
  • 5:52 p.m. Person was spotted on the roof by Secret Service
The main outstanding question is "when did they know the person on the roof had a gun, and who he was?" The answer is almost certainly:
"Not until he fired did the SS know he had a gun, and confirmation of who he was would have been long after he was dead, probably half an hour.

Do you think the SS looking at him were watching him with a gun, or do you think they were trying to work out if he was a threat? They spend all day every day pointing their guns at people and looking through their scopes trying to work out if that person is a threat. 1 in 100,000 is a threat. Before that shooting, none of these SS agents had ever seen a potential shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back