Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't the the numbers of who applied, you don't know the gender breakdown of who applied and you don't know who's qualified.
In other words, you know nothing.

Why do they need a quota? Why not just take the best available?

I know people like you. They get to a certain age in their career, at a certain level in the organisation, and suddenly they have people promoted over them. And if those people are female, well, suddenly it's a quota.

Maybe the person who said it's time to put Trump in the bullseye less than a week ago?
Did you have an opinion on the evidence posted showing people using violent imagery and race war accelerationist language about Biden and other Democrats In various levels of government?

I just wish my daughter had stuck it out at University, she's gone to work in a pub, reinforcing the poor statistics.
Hopefully she gets into Pub management, but qualifications wouldn't hurt.
Your daughter will do fine. She has a dad who loves her and wants the best for her.
But she's not you. She will work her own life out.

Because people, especially hiring people and senior staff with confirmation bias, have biases.

Men are biased to hiring men.

Quotas work at getting the best people into jobs.

Lack of Quotas in areas with historic biases result in continuation of bias resulting in the best person being hired less often.

I've never understood why the people (neo-libs) who say communism doesn't work because of human nature also say quotas don't work because human nature doesn't matter.

I know people like you. They get to a certain age in their career, at a certain level in the organization, and suddenly they have people promoted over them. And if those people are female, well, suddenly it's a quota.

No, i've never considered that anywhere i work or worked had such a quota.
Any absolute drongo's i've worked with have typically been men who have been promoted above their ability, or bullshitted their way in.

As i outlined above, my area of qualification was severely lacking in females. I consider if we want more females in those roles, we should be finding ways to encourage those sorts of careers.

Here's another example.

We need to encourage more females to do these sorts of courses, rather than waiting 10 years and moaning that only 10% of IT managers are female.

I'm sure my daughter will be fine too, but i don't know why she had to put herself into a traditional female role.
She's not the only one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copper or Tangerine.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Trump should buy a lotto ticket

He's had a winning lotto ticket his whole life. JFK had half his head blown off and Teflon Don gets a nick on the ear.

I'm happy to say the quiet part out loud, even if few agree: What happened in Butler was shocking and tragic.
Shocking that it didn't happen years ago.
Tragic that the bullet missed it's target.

There is no post Trump future for MAGA. They will all eat each other alive while the rest of the world returns to whatever it was pre-Trump

As much as I hope your right I think it will
live on in some way or another.

Without Trump it looks like it would be a bit rudderless for the time being though.

There are images where you can see something whizz past his head.

At least the conspiracy theorists will be eating well for the next decade.
catching up on reading the thread so forgive if someone posted later about it....

I know a US cop on another forum(and confirmed by a trauma surgeon there) who said that a rifle round wouldn't just nick an ear, it would tear off the whole thing. A large round would do even more damage. Most likely scenario it was some shrapnel, not the teleprompter apparently, and it would be shrapnel in the video.

This was posted on another forum, interesting

This guy claims to have worked in similar security operations. You have to scroll to read all his comments but they are illuminating if true.

Basically, short-range and long-range security belong to the Secret Service. (That sniper team was long-range security and had to adjust for a medium-range shot.)

That medium-range security is farmed out to local police services, but the coordination and communication are lacking.

If what this guy says is true, it explains a lot of what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back