AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Offensive output was limited but I did like the fact he had a lot more effort as far as chase and pressure and trying to stop their defenders from easily running it out of defense. For those calling for ADJ I would like to see some form from him in the VFL making a few tackles and putting the pressure on. At this stage I am replacing Menzie with Hobbs so that Setterfeild can come back in if fit.

Offensive output was limited but I did like the fact he had a lot more effort as far as chase and pressure and trying to stop their defenders from easily running it out of defense. For those calling for ADJ I would like to see some form from him in the VFL making a few tackles and putting the pressure on. At this stage I am replacing Menzie with Hobbs so that Setterfeild can come back in if fit.
He should probably have kicked 2 goals as well, so I think he's not far off it.

at this stage, im liking ADJs smarts. Gets a hand in to interfere the ball, generally defensive side of the play.
Needs to build the matchday body for those tackles to stick. Worth the wait on him and jayden though and happy to stick with guelf and gresh for now + one of the mids.

The VFL game will be a good watch today.

Really looking forward to see what Davey x 2, Roberts & Caddy can bring and to see how far/close they off from the next step.

I thought he was doing that against the Swans too but they were so clean it was more unnoticeable. He’s doing the team things just not getting that reward. Missing that shot on Saturday was disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether he's joe the goosed his way to 20 goals or gets found out on zero, to me he's still basically the same player. Slow for a small, can't really stick tackles, a poor finisher and not overly skilled. Tries his guts out but that only gets you so far.

Easy ones? He was clean in scoring chains last year. Not just goals defines a small forward. This year he’s offered nothing
Yes, easy ones. He rarely makes things happen. I’m not seeing it. I hope I will. But I have serious reservations.

And this is a consistent concern for me for a year or more and not an emotion-driven red-mist-rant that I am reading here from people about the likes of Draper and Parish who have runs on the board but have had one flat, scratchy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back