AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

"B-but he k-kicked 20 goals last year!!11"

He Joe The Goosed his way into another contract (and fooled a lot of our fans), but the simple fact is - this bloke is rubbish.

Davey at least might be the future, Menzie is definitely not.

Our forward efficiency is literally losing us close games this year, so to have this guy messing up everything he touches is frustrating to watch.

Juts like Nick Hind without the occasional flashes of competence .

First half was really bad. Second half was much better.
Mate, I think he had 9 awful disposals in the first half and 5 better disposals in the second half. His only genuinely telling disposal was when he kicked to Stringer’s advantage in the third. ‘Much’ better is not how I’d describe his second half but I suppose it’s all relative to how bad his first half was I guess.

Mate, I think he had 9 awful disposals in the first half and 5 better disposals in the second half. His only genuinely telling disposal was when he kicked to Stringer’s advantage in the third. ‘Much’ better is not how I’d describe his second half but I suppose it’s all relative to how bad his first half was I guess.
Mate, he had two GA and a third SI in the second half. First half was terrible. Nobody disagrees. Second half was okay to good.

I forget that on Bigfooty you're either a gun or a spud though 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, he had two GA and a third SI in the second half. First half was terrible. Nobody disagrees. Second half was okay to good.

I forget that on Bigfooty you're either a gun or a spud though 🙄
On the spectrum of gun or spud we all know which end he’s occupying right now. I’m sorry Eth but I’ve had enough of his mediocre performances. I’ve never had a whipping boy before, but Menzie is obviously one now. How long do you back your boys in despite weekly below par performances. He has ability and he will do good things at times like goal assists but that shouldn’t gloss over the fact that he has had very very little impact this year.

On the spectrum of gun or spud we all know which end he’s occupying right now. I’m sorry Eth but I’ve had enough of his mediocre performances. I’ve never had a whipping boy before, but Menzie is obviously one now. How long do you back your boys in despite weekly below par performances. He has ability and he will do good things at times like goal assists but that shouldn’t gloss over the fact that he has had very very little impact this year.
Agree, Simply not good enough. A moment here and there doesn’t make a player.

Nah **** off. I fully acknowledge his first half was terrible. The fact that you turn around and can't acknowledge his second half was at the very least was okay to good says plenty.

No in between. His first half was very bad. His second half okay to good. Overall it was a bad day but it's honestly a bit pathetic that nobody can acknowledge the second half. I guess the "play the kids" mantra applies to all the kids apart from him.

Nah **** off. I fully acknowledge his first half was terrible. The fact that you turn around and can't acknowledge his second half was at the very least was okay to good says plenty.

No in between. His first half was very bad. His second half okay to good. Overall it was a bad day but it's honestly a bit pathetic that nobody can acknowledge the second half. I guess the "play the kids" mantra applies to all the kids apart from him.
Eth, his - in your words - 'much better' second half was 5 disposals, 2 tackles and 3 total score involvements (not 3 involvements in the 3rd Q).

Not really worth writing home about.

Eth, his - in your words - 'much better' second half was 5 disposals, 2 tackles and 3 total score involvements (not 3 assists in the 3rd Q).

Not really worth writing home about.
I never said 3 GA. I said 2 with 1 other SI. His second half was okay to good.

**** me it isn't rocket science. His first half he and Laverde were worst on by a street. His second half was okay to good. Was it bad overall? Yes. Will he gets dropped? It's a big possibility.

It's not that hard a concept.

Played Archie Perkins role with less production than Archie. 0 goals, 6 inside 50's. Weird sort of game

Perkins has averaged 40% CBA’s this season, averaged a tick over 15 disposals and kicked a whopping 5 goals in 15 games. Menzie had 0 CBA’s and 14 disposals today. Completely different role but I’d argue similar, albeit putrid production.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back