AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, he had two GA and a third SI in the second half. First half was terrible. Nobody disagrees. Second half was okay to good.

I forget that on Bigfooty you're either a gun or a spud though 🙄
they were only GA's because Striger was good enough to compensate for the shit delivery (and these were his best). He was horrible.

Eth, his - in your words - 'much better' second half was 5 disposals, 2 tackles and 3 total score involvements (not 3 involvements in the 3rd Q).

Not really worth writing home about.
Well, that is much better? 10 disposals 4 tackles and 6 score involvements wouldn't be the worst return a small forward has given.

I did think he was shit today though.

I never said 3 GA. I said 2 with 1 other SI. His second half was okay to good.
Yeah I already fixed that if you had checked.
Pretty insignificant minutiae to get up on though.
**** me it isn't rocket science. His first half he and Laverde were worst on by a street. His second half was okay to good. Was it bad overall? Yes. Will he gets dropped? It's a big possibility.

It's not that hard a concept.
No - It's not difficult. The 2nd half was a technical improvement because the 1st was so poor. It wasn't good though objectively.

He's played forward as well. We have a lot of inside mids that play a 2nd position. Its almost a requirement to be successful at AFL level

He has and I like what I see with him up forward but he’s an inside midfielder and we need him to hone his craft in that role, just as we do with Tsatas. Right now there are too many ahead of him to have that opportunity at senior level so he needs time in the VFL.

Yeah I already fixed that if you had checked.
Pretty insignificant minutiae to get up on though.

No - It's not difficult. The 2nd half was a technical improvement because the 1st was so poor. It wasn't good though objectively.
I disagree. His second half was okay to good at a minimum. His overall performance was poor.

Well, that is much better? 10 disposals 4 tackles and 6 score involvements wouldn't be the worst return a small forward has given.

I did think he was shit today though.
That statline was about what Perkins was averaging in the last 4 full games before he was made a sub.

Didn't see many others describing him as ok-good.

He has and I like what I see with him up forward but he’s an inside midfielder and we need him to hone his craft in that role, just as we do with Tsatas. Right now there are too many ahead of him to have that opportunity at senior level so he needs time in the VFL.
Tsatas yes, very happy to see him getting continuity and building confidence in the VFL for the rest of the year. Hobbs i want to see given an oppurtunity to show he can be a best 22 half forward/mid rotation that can bring the pressure required.

I don't want to pile into a young player who is very clearly struggling, but they're actually doing him a disservice by playing him.

They have to turn to another option next week.

Nah **** off. I fully acknowledge his first half was terrible. The fact that you turn around and can't acknowledge his second half was at the very least was okay to good says plenty.

No in between. His first half was very bad. His second half okay to good. Overall it was a bad day but it's honestly a bit pathetic that nobody can acknowledge the second half. I guess the "play the kids" mantra applies to all the kids apart from him.
Don’t tell me to **** off! Seriously. You have the most posts on this board but quantity does not equal quality. Do you wish to be seen as erudite or aggressively stubborn Eth? He’s been utter shite and his second half today did little to impress. I acknowledged that it was an improvement on the first half but, as usual, it wasn’t him making anything happen. I even pumped him up on the game day thread for the one kick to advantage that was clearly very good. Otherwise it was another mediocre half of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t tell me to **** off! Seriously. You have the most posts on this board but quantity does not equal quality. Do you wish to be seen as erudite or aggressively stubborn Eth? He’s been utter shite and his second half today did little to impress. I acknowledged that it was an improvement on the first half but, as usual, it wasn’t him making anything happen. I even pumped him up on the game day thread for the one kick to advantage that was clearly very good. Otherwise it was another mediocre half of footy.
You said "how long do you back your boys in despite mediocre performances"?

I'm acknowledging that overall he had a bad game. He did. But his second half was okay to good. Feel free to disagree.

I'm sorry for the disrespect. I read it as an attack on me personally.

You said "how long do you back your boys in despite mediocre performances"?

I'm acknowledging that overall he had a bad game. He did. But his second half was okay to good. Feel free to disagree.

I'm sorry for the disrespect. I read it as an attack on me personally.
The problem with forums mate, is that subtle ambiguity can be misconstrued from a negative perspective when emotions run high. Perhaps I should’ve written ‘how long does one back one’s boys’ or perhaps you should’ve re-read my post and seen the generalisation over the personal.

Kevin Walsh became a dual premiership player in the back of this ethos.
The spitfire could play a bit. It took a while but he became a state rep as well as a two time premiership player.
Menzie was really shithouse today, but he stuck at it and was OK in the last ten minutes. He’s got another year on his contract, I hope he turns into K.W.v2.

The spitfire could play a bit. It took a while but he became a state rep as well as a two time premiership player.
Menzie was really shithouse today, but he stuck at it and was OK in the last ten minutes. He’s got another year on his contract, I hope he turns into K.W.v2.
You can only hope that the coaches, with all their expertise, see something more than we do, and Menzie becomes a vital cog in a premiership team.

Nah **** off. I fully acknowledge his first half was terrible. The fact that you turn around and can't acknowledge his second half was at the very least was okay to good says plenty.

No in between. His first half was very bad. His second half okay to good. Overall it was a bad day but it's honestly a bit pathetic that nobody can acknowledge the second half. I guess the "play the kids" mantra applies to all the kids apart from him.
Probably stays on the list but depth player is his destiny IMO. He has a tendency to fumble at important moments and doesn't impact the scoreboard enough. His two tackles inside 50 were his saving grace. When Kako arrives, I expect it'll be him and Gresham / Davey.

Probably stays on the list but depth player is his destiny IMO. He has a tendency to fumble at important moments and doesn't impact the scoreboard enough. His two tackles inside 50 were his saving grace. When Kako arrives, I expect it'll be him and Gresham / Davey.
Would of been good to give Smartt a spot on the rookie list. Looks a better player than Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back