AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Gives it 120% but just makes too many mistakes.
7 turnovers and 40% kicking efficiency.

Last edited:
KE is one of those stats where a high one is ok but really not that hard to hit due to its nature e.g. a 50m hacked bomb to a pack is effective.

A low one is damning.

The turnover where he took a couple of bounces and just had to get it out the back for what would have been a certain goal is possibly one of the worst turnovers that I have ever seen.

He's in the team because he probably does exactly what he's asked and busts his ass on the track.

Unfortunately when you are in the position we are in you are going to reward effort and intent over talent.
Until we get more talent on the list that shows intent or the small amount of talent we do have pulls their finger out he will continue to play.

It was a horrible game with AFL average moments during it. But he's not up to it, getting mad at him is not healthy because he's being asked to do things he's not capable of.
It's just not worth getting overly emotional about bagging him, or defending him.

The turnover where he took a couple of bounces and just had to get it out the back for what would have been a certain goal is possibly one of the worst turnovers that I have ever seen.

Looked like a player terrified to make a mistake but knowing he could not do what was needed.

He's been pretty bad. In saying that, I actually believe he will end up good. He is 21.

I'm happy with his contract length but I think he will prove some wrong next year...

/Cuts to me calling for his head in round one

He's been pretty bad. In saying that, I actually believe he will end up good. He is 21.

I'm happy with his contract length but I think he will prove some wrong next year...

/Cuts to me calling for his head in round one
Yeah maybe. Has he improved over the last two years though? I mean if he is on the upwards curve then you might be correct.

Yeah maybe. Has he improved over the last two years though? I mean if he is on the upwards curve then you might be correct.
I don’t think he has. When he came to the club he looked like a genuine goal kicker who was pretty classy Kicking around his body. I see none of that in him anymore.

Seems a shadow of the player he was last year, seems to be up the ground a lot more as opposed to being camped in the 50 last year.

Was also inexplicably made sub against West Coast after stringing 2 good games v GC and Carlton.

Whilst I think he's probably not up for it part of me wonders if he's another victim of our "learn a role" rather than "role for his strengths" mentality.

Really don't wanna pile in on him but jeez he makes it hard not to, especially after a performance like that. Please just drop him and end this madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a shadow of the player he was last year, seems to be up the ground a lot more as opposed to being camped in the 50 last year.

Was also inexplicably made sub against West Coast after stringing 2 good games v GC and Carlton.

Whilst I think he's probably not up for it part of me wonders if he's another victim of our "learn a role" rather than "role for his strengths" mentality.
I’m speculating here but I wonder whether he could also be part of a bigger issue in that there could possibly be players who are looking at Jye’s output in said role and questioning why they aren’t getting game.

I reckon Nick Hind for all his faults could mount a pretty solid case. Apparently Archie Perkins now wants to play more as a forward after his experiment as a midfielder (rather than sitting on opposition mids).

If Archie can recapture his form he is a better option for the high half forward role I reckon.

I’m speculating here but I wonder whether he could also be part of a bigger issue in that there could possibly be players who are looking at Jye’s output in said role and questioning why they aren’t getting game.

I reckon Nick Hind for all his faults could mount a pretty solid case. Apparently Archie Perkins now wants to play more as a forward after his experiment as a midfielder (rather than sitting on opposition mids).

If Archie can recapture his form he is a better option for the high half forward role I reckon.
That’s on the coach to explain selection decisions, and I’m sure he is. If the players have an issue with a message along the lines of “hard work and following the game plan will get you picked irrespective of talent” then that’s an issue for the players

Dodo masterclass resigning this guy. Small forward who doesn't hit the scoreboard, tackle or apply any pressure. How he is playing in front of Hind/Davey is a mystery.

Hind needs the photos of Scott than Menzie has...Kako replaces him next year.

Geezzzz he's horrible. My mate (dees fans) who came along said he's one of those players that looks like he's working his guts out, but for absolutely 0 return.
You mean like Shane Woewodin?

Jake was partly at fault for that. He had acres of space and could have led at Menzie, but wanted it over the back. Made Menzie take an extra bounce that we didn't really need to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie - Signs on for 2025 - 18/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back