Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Was getting regular games and doin okay, then fell away, then got dropped and then got injured. Way too little too late.
He can play as evidenced by those games

I’d rather keep him another year, with the caveat of unless we have a bunch of players who have agreed to come over

Was always waiting for him to become more consistent, he does have ability. Timing is everything as someone else pointed out if he was in a team at the top things may have worked out better. He would have been able to use his attributes with less pressure.

Won't lose sleep over this one. Still a bit grumpy at him for showing as much as he did in the early stages and then abjectly failing to build on that. Not sure how you get weaker, less explosive and less confident with each preseason. Thanks for your time mate, enjoy real estate or DJing or whatever

Played brilliant under Shaw, won us a game against the Saints from memory and unfortunately was never the same.

All the best CT.

PS: Can I have your Bird Cage tickets?..
Jesus, that's a beat up!! Was never brilliant, just showed some promise. Didn't come on and doesn't come across too dedicated, unfortunately still better than some we'll keep.

Jesus, that's a beat up!! Was never brilliant, just showed some promise. Didn't come on and doesn't come across too dedicated, unfortunately still better than some we'll keep.
No it’s not a beat up he was excellent during Shaws time and looked a big part of the future, probably 10 times better than you ever were cobra..

No it’s not a beat up he was excellent during Shaws time and looked a big part of the future, probably 10 times better than you ever were cobra..
Let me tell you something Sherm, 9.6 disposals and 0.5 goals per game under Shaws.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me tell you something Sherm, 9.6 disposals and 0.5 goals per game under Shaws.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah well to be honest I couldn’t be bothered crunching the numbers on this one, so it might’ve been Nobles, or Scott’s or Rattens or Crockers or Barrasis then..

But he had a purple patch of form when he started playing further up the ground and 93.3% of this board said he turned the corner, so I’ll give him credit for that period, the rest is a reflection of our ladder standing over the past 5 years.

Took a few nice marks, kicked a couple of nice goals and laced out a kick to Sheezel.

That is basically his career. Showing glimpses but doesn't really get anywhere.
I actually think its a shame,,,,the talent is there, I have no idea but considering his apparent lack of physical development is preparation and work ethic an issue? If that's the case, perhaps its the kick up the ass he needs to go elsewhere and make a career for himself. Could do worse than him on the rookie list.

Yeah well to be honest I couldn’t be bothered crunching the numbers on this one, so it might’ve been Nobles, or Scott’s or Rattens or Crockers or Barrasis then..

But he had a purple patch of form when he started playing further up the ground and 93.3% of this board said he turned the corner, so I’ll give him credit for that period, the rest is a reflection of our ladder standing over the past 5 years.
He never had a great season or prolonged period, I'm not even sure his best game was 'brilliant'.

He never had a great season or prolonged period, I'm not even sure his best game was 'brilliant'.
You're part of that the other 6.7% I was talking about. Like clockwork.

Somewhere in between, but that’s the word I’m hearing.
May hinge on what happens with Sleevo. But all I’ve been told about him & his exit interview is that there’s more to play out.

🤷🏻‍♂️

The Saints want him so we may have just said we'd attempt to trade rather than delist.

Love ya work Shermanator but not sure on this one.

Adrian McAdam was brilliant. Curtis Taylor was tepid.

In the games we won he was crucial. He won contests and stopped the opposition getting away with the ball. We wouldn't have won against the Saints if he hadn't played the way he did. The difference between those few games and the rest of his career is pretty significant tho.

In the games we won he was crucial. He won contests and stopped the opposition getting away with the ball. We wouldn't have won against the Saints if he hadn't played the way he did. The difference between those few games and the rest of his career is pretty significant tho.
Yeah, I agree to an extent and as I said I was a fan and thought we'd jagged one. I guess there were reasons why he slid in the draft. I remember the Saints game well, looked at the stats and he had 10 and a goal. My statement was around him having a brilliant patch of games, that definitely never happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back