Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Mooney valley or Flemington?

No, our senior side.

For all the shitcanning of Curtis by The Sooky La La Brigade he played some decent footy this year and he's in the age bracket we're desperately short in.

No, our senior side.

For all the shitcanning of Curtis by The Sooky La La Brigade he played some decent footy this year and he's in the age bracket we're desperately short in.

Yep.

We do have to remember these guys perceived as not performing for us are likely keeping guys who would be even worse out of the team.

We can't throw all our kids to the wolves just to not play guys of AFL quality such as CT.

Yep.

We do have to remember these guys perceived as not performing for us are likely keeping guys who would be even worse out of the team.

Curtis debuted in 2019. He's had as coach: Scott, Shaw, Noble, Adams, Clarko, Ratten and now Clarko again.

I'd like to see what Clarko and our development staff can get out of him.

We can't throw all our kids to the wolves just to not play guys of AFL quality such as CT.

Exactly - our main problem is lack of senior experience, he's 24 and played 68 games. We can't throw these types away.

OK, if we get a big crop of better older players in, yeah we can ditch him, but I think that's unlikely.

Curtis debuted in 2019. He's had as coach: Scott, Shaw, Noble, Adams, Clarko, Ratten and now Clarko again.

I'd like to see what Clarko and our development staff can get out of him.

Exactly - our main problem is lack of senior experience, he's 24 and played 68 games. We can't throw these types away.

OK, if we get a big crop of better older players in, yeah we can ditch him, but I think that's unlikely.
He doesn’t represent as a a senior player - looks and plays like a first year player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn’t represent as a a senior player - looks and plays like a first year player

He doesn't but Drury, *Biggsy "Bert " Nuyon, the Panther, Free, Phillip, Greenwood ( ret) Shiels ( ret) Thomas ( sacked).

That's 8 list changes without even trying, so unless we go full slaughter house, I'd keep him.

* and DGAF but Bert Nuyon is actually funny fyi and fwiw.

He doesn't but Drury, *Biggsy "Bert " Nuyon, the Panther, Free, Phillip, Greenwood ( ret) Shiels ( ret) Thomas ( sacked).

That's 8 list changes without even trying, so unless we go full slaughter house, I'd keep him.

* and DGAF but Bert Nuyon is actually funny fyi and fwiw.
Keep going man - most of them are rookie listed

please for the love of good delist this betty spaghetti. Another "slider" that we were "lucky" to pick up. Unfortunately for us it went all down hill from there. Failed half forward turned failed wingman turned failed footballer.

The definition of resting on your laurels and being content with life as an AFL football because of the extra perks.

Cut our losses, he ain't going to make it.
Need 6 spots open on the senior list, to allow for 4 draft picks and a couple of players brought in from elsewhere.
So off goes Greenwood, Taylor, Lazzaro, Harvey, Thomas and either a pay out/rookie list move for 1 of Sleevo, Biggie, CCJ
Shiels, Free, Drury and Sellers gone from the rookie list. Opens up anywhere between 1 and 4 spots, depending on whether anyone is downgraded and whether we keep the extra 2 spots.

Yeah, I agree to an extent and as I said I was a fan and thought we'd jagged one. I guess there were reasons why he slid in the draft. I remember the Saints game well, looked at the stats and he had 10 and a goal. My statement was around him having a brilliant patch of games, that definitely never happened.
He had two good games that i remember. But his impact was more than his possessions. He hit contests hard and as a result we ended up getting clearances even if he didn't, a bit like the way Wardlaw does. That pretty much disappeared soon after.

No, our senior side.

He is a journeyman at best, I do agree with your age profile premis however, if we were to replace him with yet another dud ( and it seems to have been somewhat of a conga line last few years) then there is no point, problem is most of the recruits that have shown anything have been perennially injured George , Hardiman, Goater etc... ) , or perennially rubbish ( ccj and biggie etc) .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back