Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gutted for him. I don't really care about the award but to think he could miss out for that is bullshit.

Hopefully it finally makes the AFL realise how stupid it is to make players ineligible for minor infringements. You can't tell me Heeney isn't considered a fair player.

Seriously pissed. **** the AFL

My odd take.
This may be the best thing for the swans and Heeney.

He clearly needed a week rest.
He looks sore and not near it.

The group will get motivation from this BS.

He wasn't winning the Brownlow this year regardless.

Mills and Adams straight back in . Will help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My odd take.

Just started to think like this. Best way to get Parker back into the side and get him absolutely tearing sides apart. As i have said all year having 26 or so match fit guys for finals is what will be best and getting some rest into Heeney and prep into Parker and Mills will be best for the club

Gutted for him. I don't really care about the award but to think he could miss out for that is bullshit.

Hopefully it finally makes the AFL realise how stupid it is to make players ineligible for minor infringements. You can't tell me Heeney isn't considered a fair player.

Seriously pissed. **** the AFL

He must have been so far ahead in the count that they had to intervene. Votes under lock and key my arse

My odd take.

He was our highest rated player against StKilda.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

My odd take.

Good thinking - the Brownlow grand final curse!!! Those who’ve won it, played in the GF that week and lost! The thing is neither the pies or the dogs will be in the GF this year. (🤞)

If next week was the GF, we’d appeal it all the way (ala Dunkley) AND WIN, but the club won’t want to cause any further distraction and will let it slide. Don’t think he was gonna win the Brownlow anyway (bookies had him around 3rd or 4th favourite before Saints game IIRC).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back