Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Need sto stop the left foot around the corner shit could've kicked a normal drop punt
I was sitting directly in line with Isaac and my son turned to me and said "isn't Heeney a right footer?". At that point I knew it was not going over.

We had come directly from my son's U13 div 3 game (6 divisions in his league) where the boys where slotting them with ease from the position Heeney took that kick

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What on earth has happened with his kicking? His contested and ground level game has been good, but since the bye his kicking forward of centre and for goal has really let him down.

What on earth has happened with his kicking? His contested and ground level game has been good, but since the bye his kicking forward of centre and for goal has really let him down.

He is in there doing the dirty work and gets no space , some of that's on him not getting it of course

I watched him practice set shots before the game. There was one 40m out right in front and he kicked it out on the full. Should have known then it was going to be a dirty day

The next one he did put through but it didn’t look right off the boot. Whether it’s injury or something else he isn’t flushing them like earlier in the season

He tried so hard yesterday but his disposal was diabolical. Is his ankle hanging on by a thread? It doesn’t seem like rest really helps unfortunately.

He is course to be a 250-300 game player who fades every season and is never going to taste the ultimate success .
How badly does he want it? He is one of the most talented players we have had

Simply being asked to do too much at the moment. His effort was there yesterday but he was operating in a phone booth under pressure from multiple Dogs mids all day.

His form was unlocked early in the season because the opposition were also having to put time into Chad and Errol but as there form has waned, Heeney has just run out of space.

A stint in the forward line might help freshen him up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back