5 things i learnt vs essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Lloyd will play 5-6 good games over the last two years of his career and 3 of them will be against us :mad:

2. We need a tad more hardness in our team (army or browne pherhaps)

3. I miss Walker

4. Double goal penalties hurt!

5. Even when I agree with 30 years opinion, his smug posting fashion and gang up tactics have forced me to promote him above General as my most disliked Carlton poster.

30Man, any point me whacking the pop-corn in the micro-wave? Only have the one pack left so don't want to waste it if the sting has gone out of this issue.

Nah I'd say its pretty well dusted Thy, I think the kids waved the white flag on me. Shame, I was just starting to enjoy it. Not to worry, I am getting stuck into a quack over on the Leadership thread to keep me amused. Haven't heard from him for a while though. Maybe he has had his license to practice revoked.

1. Lloyd will play 5-6 good games over the last two years of his career and 3 of them will be against us :mad:

2. We need a tad more hardness in our team (army or browne pherhaps)

3. I miss Walker

4. Double goal penalties hurt!

5. Even when I agree with 30 years opinion, his smug posting fashion and gang up tactics have forced me to promote him above General as my most disliked Carlton poster.

Smug posting fashion is a bit harsh, I thought Aussie Post Red was the new black :cool::p

I went to read this thread in a hope of getting some insight as to how Carlton fans figured they lost, instead I see Lora getting shot down for having an opinion just because its not what you blues supporters want to hear, all the hype has gotten to your head over a win against a dismal richmond and a brisbane team at the dome.

I went to read this thread in a hope of getting some insight as to how Carlton fans figured they lost, instead I see Lora getting shot down for having an opinion just because its not what you blues supporters want to hear, all the hype has gotten to your head over a win against a dismal richmond and a brisbane team at the dome.

Lora got shot down because the post was full of holes and some rubbish about last years form.

Your post on the other hand is shot down because you are a richard. Fancy coming onto an opposition board and criticising their members. What a utensil.

We didn't just beat Richmond, we severely dented there entire season and did lasting damage to their psyche. We beat Brisbane who are another genuine finals contender. We admittedly got ahead of ourselves and did not give you the treatment you deserve, but your time will come.

Essendon and Richmond however are teams desperately hanging on to lower middle of the ladder spots with aging stars and the legacy of a number of years of very very poor recruiting. Your time, and the tigers time at the bottom is surely at hand.

Now piss off.

Lora got shot down because the post was full of holes and some rubbish about last years form.

Your post on the other hand is shot down because you are a richard. Fancy coming onto an opposition board and criticising their members. What a utensil.

We didn't just beat Richmond, we severely dented there entire season and did lasting damage to their psyche. We beat Brisbane who are another genuine finals contender. We admittedly got ahead of ourselves and did not give you the treatment you deserve, but your time will come.

Essendon and Richmond however are teams desperately hanging on to lower middle of the ladder spots with aging stars and the legacy of a number of years of very very poor recruiting. Your time, and the tigers time at the bottom is surely at hand.

Now piss off.

You seriously make me laugh sometimes. :D:thumbsu:

1. We aren't as far away as the world seems to think we are
2. Robert Walls can be nice towards us when he wants to be
3. That while it might come unstuck now and then, direct footy wins matches
4. Carlton's match committee got it wrong down back
5. That the rematch in Round 13 will be very interesting

1.Judd/Murph/Waite/Gibbs/ are our best and should never be spoken of in a negative way on this forum.Same goes for all the kids who bust their arse off.

2.Thorntan is our 4-5th best backmen and cant do a big job

3.Ratts got ahead of himself by not picking Scotland and maybe Irish

4.Simpson/Stevens/ are at the crossroads and should be traded to the g.c
Cant see Kade getting much better andat the moment hes just average b/c grade footballer.

5.We can rebound and beat Sydney if had decissions are made etc Simo/Garlett/ and maybe grigg 4 Yarren/Scottland and maybe Armfield.
All this from someone who thinks we made a mistake getting rid of Ackland and Saddington.

Move along.....nothing to see here.

:eek:

You could swap what you said directly to what happened with us and Collingwood last year. I don't want to take anything away from Essendon's win, but we weren't even close to what we showed against Brisbane.

Will make for a very interesting round 13 indeed.

1) The world knows exactly where you are and it is only your self dilusion that is keeping you from seeing it too.
2) Robert Walls is only nice towards you out of pity.
3) While it may draw criticism now and then, telling it like it is, is better than glossing over your obvious problems and winning an against odds games only helps masking your very real problems
4) Carlton's players did not play to potential anywhere over the ground, a mistake we are highly unlikely to make as our minds mature with our list.
5) The rematch in round 13 will come to be known as your day of reckoning where your expectation collided with the reality of your mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I learned is that Lloyd is a real actual champion. He was 100% unstoppable and it's the first time i've seen him do that.

You gotta be shitting me? The blokes been carving us up for 10 ****ing years. He's an out and out star. Ouch, that hurt. :)

You gotta be shitting me? The blokes been carving us up for 10 ****ing years. He's an out and out star. Ouch, that hurt. :)

i've seen him play well and get a lot of goals from falling down, but this time he just did whatever he wanted.

One thing I learned is that Lloyd is a real actual champion. He was 100% unstoppable and it's the first time i've seen him do that.

who?
What number CFC jumper does he wear?

Just a further note. I don't think you guys are that far away at all..and I hope that Saturday night does point you in the right direction:

1. Key defensive post. I still don't know why O'Hailpin or Austin weren't given a shot down there by the match committee? With all due respect to Thornton and Waite, to expect both to handle that situation on their own wasn't going to work out well and come the return game, I'm expecting either O'Hailpin or Austin to be in the side.

2. Centre Half-Forward. I have to ask this - surely Brad Fisher is still capable enough to stand up as a forward? No disrespect to Wiggins or Cloke here, but, Fisher has surely got to be better as a goalkicker than Wiggins and Cloke!

3. Speed on the wings. I think we all saw how both Winderlich and Lovett were able to sprint along their wings and through the midfield to set up Bomber scoring opportunities. Perhaps it's asking a lot of Garlett to do that straight away, but, could Betts be asked to play that sort of role?

1. Key defensive post. I still don't know why O'Hailpin or Austin weren't given a shot down there by the match committee? With all due respect to Thornton and Waite, to expect both to handle that situation on their own wasn't going to work out well and come the return game, I'm expecting either O'Hailpin or Austin to be in the side.
Jamison will be back for the return game. We missed him greatly.

2. Centre Half-Forward. I have to ask this - surely Brad Fisher is still capable enough to stand up as a forward? No disrespect to Wiggins or Cloke here, but, Fisher has surely got to be better as a goalkicker than Wiggins and Cloke!
Well he is no more accurate than the other two. Misses in front as much as Wiggins at least. Funnily enough Wiggins was reasonably accurate last year IIRC but has got a case of the Jordan Russell's in front of goal this year. Wiggins beats Fisher in terms of intensity, tackling, putting the body on the line and pace. Fisher is the better pack mark, Wiggins probably shades him on a fast lead.

3. Speed on the wings. I think we all saw how both Winderlich and Lovett were able to sprint along their wings and through the midfield to set up Bomber scoring opportunities. Perhaps it's asking a lot of Garlett to do that straight away, but, could Betts be asked to play that sort of role?

Pace wise Joseph could do the job but he is our main tagger at the moment so isn't always available defensively to stop a fast break. Armfield could certainly help here and we definitely miss Walker. It won't matter too much, Essendon are really the only team that catch us out in this manner and we only play them twice. Should be a horses for courses selection policy. I am sure we counted on Essendon to turn the ball over because of our pressure and that pace wouldn't matter. Our pressure levels were down and the plan fell apart.

Did Kruzering post something interesting?

I can't see it.

Found something very interesting reguarding our never ending argument over who we should have taken with pick 6 last year.

Originally Posted by TheGeneral
As much as I like the thought of Trengove, Yarran or Hartlett being in Navy Blue, I would love to see Rich at Carlton next year.

Rich playing inside would free up Judd and Gibbs to be more damaging players on the outside of the pack.

Double that if Hadley can play 22 games next year.

I have to say TG, I completely agree :thumbsu::cool:;)

I learnt that weren't as many Baby Bombers out there as their supporters and the media believes.

Source: Blueseum, Round 3 2009
  • The average age of this Carlton side was 23 years and 166 days old with an average experience of 72.7 games per player.
  • Essendon's average age was 23 years and 359 days and average experience of 77.0 games per player.
  • Dustin Fletcher was the oldest player at 33 years and 340 days old and the most experienced footballer with 297 games.
  • Essendon had three players who had played more games than Nick Stevens.
  • Essendon had 6 players who had played 20 games and 4 who played less than 10 games.
  • Only one Essendon player who had played less than 20 games, has played less games than the 4 Carlton players playing their 3rd match.
  • Carlton had 4 players under 20 years of age.
  • Essendon also had 4 players aged under 20.
And the Blues were considered sodas when we had the younger side.

Yet we lost to the Baby Bombers if you've seen the media reports.

Carlton has no upside if you've read the posts of Bomba4eva...

Just a further note. I don't think you guys are that far away at all..and I hope that Saturday night does point you in the right direction:

These are all interesting talking points but rendered irrelevant if our mids and forwards create the same pressure they did against Richmond or against Brisbane in the second quarter.

You see the team that has first and best (un-harassed) use of the ball always looks fast, the team that is chasing always slow. The team with the ball always looks to have pace the other not. About 94 times out of 100 our mids and forward line pressure would smash your average list and force you to confront your obvious (to the bookmakers, media, most other fans) weaknesses. That we didnt bring that game for 1 of the 6/100 times only prolongs your insistance that it is not real.

You can choose to believe it or not, personally I could care less. Now you have been a reasonable poster on here, so there is no need to agressively hound you out, but your persistent denial of what the rest of us see to be yours and our reality, future, direction, call it what you like, is becoming tiresome.

Adios. As I said to your friend earlier, send us a postcard from the depths. Perhaps by the next time you (although by then I feel your spirit will be truly sapped and we may not see you again for some years) visit us round 13ish you will acknowledge that our dire predictions were correct and you now see.

Getting way ahead of yourselves, a four point win...always a bit of luck in those types of wins...
Wasn't 83 points

Remove this Banner Ad

5 things i learnt vs essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back