Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry utility, this guy is a shocking mark and he showed it tonight.

Needs a huge preseason working on his marking and how he judges the flight of the ball. Such a gigantic player, you can't have him dropping marks like that in a big final when he has so much size on his side..

Really let us down tonight.

Nothing wrong with his judge of the flight, just needs to stick them more. He's always first hands to the ball but they just don't stick

Don't think he's the great white hope as everyone seems to think he is.. To put it lightly he is an
A Grade plodder

Don't think he's the great white hope as everyone seems to think he is.. To put it lightly he is an
A Grade plodder

To put it lightly you are a moron.

A Grade plodder

yeah he's no great talent, has a few on here bluffed though. Once the ball hits the deck he's done, can't tackle to safe his life. Is ok at marking on his terms can't handle body pressure and isn't a great kick. Adding he can't ruck either.

Apart from that he may play 200 games.

yeah he's no great talent, has a few on here bluffed though. Once the ball hits the deck he's done, can't tackle to safe his life. Is ok at marking on his terms can't handle body pressure and isn't a great kick. Adding he can't ruck either.

This thread is about Brown not Majak.

Is this, is this for real?

His last month has been horrendous. I'm not really sure why, whether it is a confidence issue, it seemed like tonight. I saw similarities to Aaron Blacks 2015 finals campaign in Bens this year. I think he will learn a lot from this month of footy though and improve, which Black didnt do.

In regards to the great white hope. I think he is going to be a good key forward. Do I think he is going to be elite? No. Which is exactly why we need to get another key forward to help him out when Drew and Waite are finished. To put things in perspective, imagine how poor Brown would have been if he had McGovern playing on him tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was playing a great game against the Demons, when he hurt his knee. Has struggled since then. I think he has lost confidence in his body and it has affected his whole game. Wouldn't be surprised if he is in for some knee surgery/clean up next week.

It was frustrating watching him tonight, but the writing him off is a bit rich.

He tired towards the end of the year, he will get his first pre season before 2016 the club will know what to work on over the summer. Marking and upper body strength.

Ease up on the kid.
It will burn in his guts all preseason I reakon.
It will drive him for next year I have no doubt.
He is made of the right stuff.

This.

Big 2016 for BBB.

His last month has been horrendous. I'm not really sure why, whether it is a confidence issue, it seemed like tonight. I saw similarities to Aaron Blacks 2015 finals campaign in Bens this year. I think he will learn a lot from this month of footy though and improve, which Black didnt do.

In regards to the great white hope. I think he is going to be a good key forward. Do I think he is going to be elite? No. Which is exactly why we need to get another key forward to help him out when Drew and Waite are finished. To put things in perspective, imagine how poor Brown would have been if he had McGovern playing on him tonight.

I give him the benefit of the doubt - Maj travelling was obviously an insurance policy - he's been carrying something

He tired towards the end of the year, he will get his first pre season before 2016 the club will know what to work on over the summer. Marking and upper body strength.

His upper body strength is ok, it's his core strength that's the problem.

Never been able to work on it, but hopefully he gets a crack at it this preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back