Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

This is absolutely it. His biggest weakness right now is protecting the drop zone in a one on one. Give him a running jump at it and he's fantastic, but needs to be able to hold his ground when it's body on body. He will learn though, he is playing on much more experienced defenders every week.

Yep. I was read to crack it last week in the first 2.5 quarters as he was constantly being run under the ball and outbodied. Only really got hold of them when the game opened up. On the lead he is very good but he needs that extra string. Next 2 pre seasons are critical. If he carries injuries each off season we may need to bite the bullet and give him a tapered start to the year so he actually has time to build strength and start later in the year.

Will you actually lose sleep if he isn't selected in a superfluous team voted for by fans on Facebook? Rather he tore a game up in September which he's capable of.
I agree. Nice that he has made the squad and who knows he might even make the team, but what I care about is BBB standing up in big games which he has shown us he can. We as North Melbourne supporters know how good he can be.

Haven't looked but I would have thought his stats would stack up very well against Lynch?

BBB's work up and down the ground for a 200cm bloke is not in the same stratosphere compared to Lynch and his work rate would double Cameron.
Of course this doesn't make him a better footballer than the 3 above, but I reckon Hogan would be the only one who has the tank/drive to go with our Benny Boy.

Lynch's workrate is elite and definitely better than Brown's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend thinks Ben Brown is the tallest player ever at North. I said what about Steve McCann.

Pretty sure Spider Burton was because he was the skinniest.

My friend thinks Ben Brown is the tallest player ever at North. I said what about Steve McCann.
Not a name that rolls off the tongue of most 16 year olds....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Brown was exposed today whenever the ball hit the ground, looked slow to react maybe carrying an injury.
Shouldn't play next week needs a freshen up badly, bring in Wood or Daw

Maybe a bit premature has been good the last month!

North Melbourne has locked away exciting key forward Ben Brown with a two-year contract extension.

The 22-year-old has become a cult figure at Arden Street and his deal will now continue through to at least the end of the 2018 season.

Taken with pick 47 in the 2013 national draft from the Werribee Tigers, Brown played 11 games with the Kangaroos in his debut year.

Among his highlights was a stunning elimination final performance against Essendon when he booted a career-high four goals.

Brown repeated his effort against the Bombers in Round 16 this year, booting four goals in North’s 25-point win.

A pivotal part of North’s attack, Brown has kicked 29 goals from 19 games so far in 2015 and will be critical to North’s chances in the upcoming finals starting tomorrow against Richmond.

Known for his strong overhead marking and unique set shot routine, the 200cm number 50 also provides North’s Todd Goldstein with relief in the ruck, making him a versatile asset for Brad Scott.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-09-12/brown-commits-to-north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think his marking is one of the weakest parts of his game.

Being so much taller than anyone else on the field, he should really be marking every ball that comes in, but he often fumbles the mark or misses the flight of the ball in a contested situation.

Happened many times last Friday night which drove me up the wall.

Undoubtedly he is great below his knees and at getting around the ground, just think the next step for him is to become a really strong, solid and reliable contested marking player in our forward 50 and become the dominant forward we need.

Do you know how hard it is to mark a ball when you are being tunnelled?

I'm not talking strictly about last Friday, it's something i've noticed over his career.

Also, the good forwards find a way to work around the tunnelling. It wasn't illegal.

Great to see BBB sign on, good news for the club before the game tomorrow, turn it on big time tomorrow Benny,just like your 3rd quarter in last years elimination final. Go Roo Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back