Player Watch #52 Campbell Gray 2024 MSD Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

With Lynch out and Fawcett we then stumble across LeFau and he then goes down. Toce then plucks this guy out of nowhere and is on the verge of getting a game after a BOG game in the VFL and he’s now done.
Konrad will one day write a novel on this and people will think it’s fiction bc it’s impossible to believe.

Would love to see the Tigers sign him to a minimum of 1 or 2 year extended rookie contract & give the kid a chance to have a full pre season with us, as I think he will only grow with opportunities. Like Blight I have been super impressed with the kid. Also the fact we don't have great depth in this area is a no brainer to me.

Campbell Gray with 6 coaches votes. Likely to have debuted in the AFL this season if it wasn't for the injury

Richmond 16.9 (105) def Carlton 10.9 (69)
Lachlan Wilson (RIC)
8 Joel Garner (RIC)
6 Campbell Gray (RIC)
3 Steely Green (RIC)
2 Tom Brindley (RIC)
1 Matthew Coulthard (RIC)

Whats the plot or narrative you want everyone to find and follow? We are just observers. And what we have observed looks hecking horrendous.

Maybe the club has lost the plot?
Blaming Meehan for this injury is comical at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaming Meehan for this injury is comical at best.
Explain how strength, conditioning and physical workloads have nothing to do with injuries, without ignoring the prevalence of previous injuries, and without ignoring that hamstrings can be strengthened and weakened through types of exercise, workloads and management.

Last edited:
Explain how strength, conditioning and physical workloads have nothing to do with injuries, without ignoring the prevalence of previous injuries, and without ignoring that hamstrings can be strengthened and weakened through types of exercise and work loads.
he has been at the club 5 minutes, its ridiculous to suggest that Meehan has altered his body that much in 3 weeks

he has been at the club 5 minutes, its ridiculous to suggest that Meehan has altered his body that much in 3 weeks
Would it be ridiculous to suggest that a change in clubs may have resulted in a change in demands placed on his body through any changes to conditioning, strength training and management?

Is it ridiculous to ignore other first year players have also copped injuries? Bauer in 2023? Others?

Or are hamstrings 100% luck?

Last edited:
Would it be ridiculous to suggest there may have been increased demands placed on his body through any changes to conditioning, strength training and management? Is it impossible?

Is it ridiculous to ignore other first year players have also copped injuries?

Or is it comical to even consider the above?

Anything is possible, but I aint buying it

So you agree hamstrings are not just luck. So how have you got to your position of not buying it in the context of our other injuries?
The foundations for conditioning are laid far beyond when he arrived. I get its sexy to blame Meehan for all our injuries, and I agree for the most part, but not in this case.

So you agree hamstrings are not just luck. So how have you got to your position of not buying it in the context of our other injuries?
I will add, Hamstrings can be torn with terrible luck, it is 100% not just about conditioning. In fact some players have had to completely change the mechanics of their running technique.

There are also certain positions you put your body in that can be freakishly unlucky.

Mate this is some stupid opinion, I have been involved with this stuff previously for many many years at very high levels in sport. It is an educated opinion.

I cant reply to you all, but ya'll lost the ****n plot 🤣
the simpsons adult GIF

I will add, Hamstrings can be torn with terrible luck, it is 100% not just about conditioning. In fact some players have had to completely change the mechanics of their running technique.

There are also certain positions you put your body in that can be freakishly unlucky.

Mate this is some stupid opinion, I have been involved with this stuff previously for many many years at very high levels in sport. It is an educated opinion.
i agree we should sign louie for a few more years to help with our rebuild, it's not his fault

secret smell GIF

i agree we should sign louie for a few more years to help with our rebuild, it's not his fault

secret smell GIF
haha, I am on record weeks ago saying he and the entire department need to go. I also shared some news on the topic from an ex player.

I am purely commenting on Gray at this point, please keep up sir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back