5th ODI: South Africa vs Australia @ Johannesburg, Sunday 12th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a huge supporter of Ricky for his entire career, but ******** me - that was a pitiful performance after getting such a start. You can almost start writing off the rest of the series after this. :mad:

To sum it all up - inexcusable[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]

Blimey, what a game. I'm speachless.

Smith was right, just the wrong game. Will be an intersting press conference. Will they ask Punter why he bowled out our least economical bowler. You have to wonder about his captaincy.

1. Ponting should be made to hold a press conference where the public can attend to ask him questions about his captaincy.

2. We are in for a fair bit of suffering once Mcgrath and Warne retire. This is our worst ODI bowling line up for over 10-12 years.

sawf said:
on a positive note at least we wont have to watch prick lewis in green and gold any more

I've had that thought previously. Didn't happen.

mulhollanddrive said:
1. Ponting should be made to hold a press conference where the public can attend to ask him questions about his captaincy.

I think a public dacking is in order. Score 400 and get beaten - that's 3 times round the pool table mate.

We'll have to cop any criticism or choking verbal from anyone in the world now. Least it wasnt a world cup. How long's it been since we lost a ODI series?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Katich - Never liked him never will
Lewis - ******** him off now
Ponting - Great batsmen but NO BRAINS, need a real captain ... That's my biatch :eek:

Best ODI ever. Credit to South Africa - I was sitting there during there innings thinking "they won't be able to keep this up" but they did. Well deserved.

But FFS - first New Zealand (nearly twice) now this - what the hell is going through our bowlers heads?

Mick Lewis say no more. :thumbsdown:

Well done to the Saffers. But geez...

I have to agree with the Mick Lewis comments. I thought the whole idea of giving Symonds and Clarke extra overs was so they wouldn't have to use this joker again.

Symonds and Clarke kept them bogged down nicely, we just needed one more over out of them to give us just enough overs remaining between Bracken and Lee for the final nine overs.

Instead he brings back Lewis, and not just for one but three overs. The first over went for 16 runs including two sixes, yet Ponting still hadn't learnt the lesson. From that point, Lee had enough overs remaining to bowl out that end, so why didn't he?

I've never been Lee's biggest fan - and admittedly his overstepping was troubling - but surely you've got back your number one bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back