5th Test Australia vs England @ SCG 3rd - 7th January 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen fast bowling like what Johnson has produced this series. Just amazing viewing.
I watched that spell in Adelaide when he got Broad out first ball from behind the bowler's arm, most exciting cricket I've seen since Warne in his pomp.

I've never seen fast bowling like what Johnson has produced this series. Just amazing viewing.

Right up there for sure, i had the pleasure to have seen Lillee and Thomo at the peak of their games, awesome duo.

Good day. No idea who is running things for England but why they turfed Ellen and kept Crapberry is beyond me. Bringing in a pie chucker and an injured guy was also a stroke of genius, even better when they bowled him again for some strange reason and he re-injured himself after 1 delivery. Baffling stuff. Our biggest mistake was keeping a passenger in Bailey because we wanted an unchanged team.

That 'passenger' has unleashed some of the finest under-the-lid chirping you'll ever hear I'll have you know.

Its clearly been his best series since the 09 South Africa tour. I think we all thought this is what he'd develop into. Took a few years but it looks like he's there now

What we are seeing from Johnson this series is what the great DK Lillee was thinking when he called Johnson a once in a generation bowler. A massive shame he has never produced this type of bowling for a prolonged period.

Great to pick up Carberry - and what a great catch by Lyon.

Had to laugh at Cook staying up the safe end when Anderson hit what would have been an easy two.

What we are seeing from Johnson this series is what the great DK Lillee was thinking when he called Johnson a once in a generation bowler. A massive shame he has never produced this type of bowling for a prolonged period.

Most of us have felt it was an over big call by Lillee - until now that is. Now we know he was right on the money with the absolute havoc Johnson has created in this series.

Ben Stokes has said in the presser that Boyd Rankin had cramp. That is why he couldn't bowl. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if that is true.
What I'm hearing is even the irish don't want to represent the english

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe some people think Root was unfairly dropped.
Walking wicket all series. Has been pathetic including his gay little smile

Pretty good day for us, all in all. Put in a total that should see us not lose from here, saw the old-timer and serial pest Haddin keep his perfect record this series in tact, saw Steve Smith cement the #5 position as his own, found once and for all that Bailey's not test-standard, and completely humiliated (and removed) Carberry to finish.

326 is not a great score on paper but it's a good one and I think Clarke takes that, especially after being sent in. And absolutely he takes it after being 5/97 or whatever it was.

Can't imagine the levels of hate Pommy fans must have for Brad Haddin. Even Gilchrist in his prime didn't have the consistency and grit that he has shown this series, every single time with his side behind in the game, he has delivered. What a man.

How many years does everyone think has Johnson has left in him?

He strikes me as the type that will play until 35-37 age range given how fit he is. Brett Lee is still sending down Thunderbolts aged 37 in the BBL and he had plenty more injuries to get over than Mitch has had (touch wood).

Cant believe some people think Root was unfairly dropped.
Walking wicket all series. Has been pathetic including his gay little smile
Let's examine this a bit more closely Root is 22, Carbery is 33, Root came over as the opener , got shunted to 6 because Carberry & Cook smashed around a limp 2nd rate attack, then after Trott became ill got shunted to six, meanwhile Carberry began playing with less and less attacking instinct that helped Australia put pressure on the poms.

There are two schools of thought - in my book dropping Root was harsh and very, very wrong - which just highlights the confused state that they are in. I would have kept Root in and let him keep instead of Bairstow - he did a better job filling in in the tour game when Prior hurt his calf than anything I've ever seen of Bairstow with the gloves - and I've seen a fair bit of him in the UK - and he's a backstop at best.

He strikes me as the type that will play until 35-37 age range given how fit he is. Brett Lee is still sending down Thunderbolts aged 37 in the BBL and he had plenty more injuries to get over than Mitch has had (touch wood).

Depends how much he has to bowl stock bowling - Punter treated him as his stock bowler - if he has to do that again, it will burn him out. If he can be used as the shock and awe bowler, could last till 35/36.

Let's examine this a bit more closely Root is 22, Carbery is 33, Root came over as the opener , got shunted to 6 because Carberry & Cook smashed around a limp 2nd rate attack, then after Trott became ill got shunted to six, meanwhile Carberry began playing with less and less attacking instinct that helped Australia put pressure on the poms.

There are two schools of thought - in my book dropping Root was harsh and very, very wrong - which just highlights the confused state that they are in. I would have kept Root in and let him keep instead of Bairstow - he did a better job filling in in the tour game when Prior hurt his calf than anything I've ever seen of Bairstow with the gloves - and I've seen a fair bit of him in the UK - and he's a backstop at best.

Bairstow is an awful keeper, they are treating test cricket like T20 picking him for that job. He's as bad as Kieswetter and he's horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Test Australia vs England @ SCG 3rd - 7th January 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back