Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – Round 8 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

People are seeing through red and blue goggles a bit. Yes he will be a good however if you could trade Windsor + Jefferson for Luke Jackson most here would do it in an instant.

I do feel sorry for you, getting owned by an 18 year old 4 games in has gotta sting. Not being man enough to admit gotta sting even more

This type of thing doesn’t bother me, life is too short for it to.

Hilarious to know though it would bother you (otherwise you wouldn’t mention it).

Bizarre post, Jackson is arguably the hottest property in the league at his age or younger.
Not to mention people were calling Jackson a waste of pick 3 4 games in also.

Last edited:
People are seeing through red and blue goggles a bit. Yes he will be a good however if you could trade Windsor + Jefferson for Luke Jackson most here would do it in an instant.
Dare say most of us are more interested in what the guy at our club is contributing to our team, and what he could become, than how he measures up against one who forced a move away. Not sure I get your point.

The negativity is coming from literally two people, one of which is a mandatory ignore for anyone using this website.
yeah I was negative on Grundy too...

I'm not negative on Windsor. I'm realistic. I'm content with his output. Not overly enthused, not disappointed. His speed is decent, not elite of the elite speed but decent. It's his foot skills that I've got question marks on. His kicking penetration will improve. I like his composure and decision making.

yeah I was negative on Grundy too...

I'm not negative on Windsor. I'm realistic. I'm content with his output. Not overly enthused, not disappointed. His speed is decent, not elite of the elite speed but decent. It's his foot skills that I've got question marks on. His kicking penetration will improve. I like his composure and decision making.

His kicks are mostly lobs, that with his kicking while running at full pelt is how he measures up to Hunt. Those who say he is a good kick need to watch Mckercher or Wanganeen-Milera play and watch how they accumulate and bullet pass kicks into the corridor.

Don’t get me wrong, Hunt in his prime was hot property, was a period he was booting goals from outside 50 on the regular.

I just don’t think when we had a chance to really add some top line talent that throwing all our eggs into another wingman was the right choice when we already have Langdon, Billings, Howes, Salem, Woewodin, Hunter and even Tomlinson who we brought in to play wing.

Windsor will be good but when our inside core drops away we will be exposed pretty quickly on the inside. Our next gen of inside mids like Sparrow and Laurie arnt filling me with confidence.

Or a key back man like O'Sullivan or Curtin would have filled a need with our key backs on there last legs. But nope, let’s use it on another wingman when we have plenty already.

Last edited:
This type of thing doesn’t bother me, life is too short for it to.

Hilarious to know though it would bother you (otherwise you wouldn’t mention it).
Good one little fella

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

His kicks are mostly lobs, that with his kicking while running at full pelt is how he measures up to Hunt. Those who say he is a good kick need to watch Mckercher or Wanganeen-Milera play and watch how they accumulate and bullet pass kicks into the corridor.

Don’t get me wrong, Hunt in his prime was hot property, was a period he was booting goals from outside 50 on the regular.

I just don’t think when we had a chance to really add some top line talent that throwing all our eggs into another wingman was the right choice when we already have Langdon, Billings, Howes, Salem, Woewodin, Hunter and even Tomlinson who we brought in to play wing.

Windsor will be good but when our inside core drops away we will be exposed pretty quickly on the inside. Our next gen of inside mids like Sparrow and Laurie arnt filling me with confidence.

Or a key back man like O'Sullivan or Curtin would have filled a need with our key backs on there last legs. But nope, let’s use it on another wingman when we have plenty already.
I agree. Not to mention with Petty likely leaving in 1-2 years, it's going to be Jed Adams holding down Curnow and Daniher

Doesn't get a lot of it(yet) but makes every possession count. Once we utilise his speed more, he'll be a highly damaging player. Loved his composure in that last quarter too. Great signs for a young fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you think he'll be a half backer in the future? or even inside mid?
Not sure. I can see him being a Josh Kelly type, so maybe more a wingman. His pace on the wings of the G will be handy. But he's also got a decent frame on him. So a midfield role isn't beyond him. Could be a great point of difference and combo with Oliver tbh. Great burst of speed to get away from stoppage but he also seems to have quick hands too. So why can't he be a Gulden type for us? His ceiling is pretty high so why not aim high!

Goodwin's presser: "What I love about Caleb the most is his work defensively. His work to chase down tackle, and get down back to support our D50 is outstanding for an 18-year-old."

But...he has a "poor work rate" and is a "one-way runner" :$

Goodwin's presser: "What I love about Caleb the most is his work defensively. His work to chase down tackle, and get down back to support our D50 is outstanding for an 18-year-old."

We've already established Bigfooty > Goody so that unfortunately doesn't mean anything

I suggest you look at the complete list build rather than a couple of trades.

Jackson wanted to leave; you think the Crows wished they could have kept Jake Lever?

1711955676950.jpeg

Want to know who else had good defensive running?

You guessed it. Old mate Jayden.

Hunt is closer to Sam Frost than he is to Windsor.

Both Hunt and Frost are ahead of Windsor at the moment so I'm not sure what your point is. Frost was actually really good yday vs the Cats and Hunt had a great season last season and came 4th in the BnF, yes for West Coast, but 4th is still 4th.
Just copy and paste that on everything you talk about. Everyone else in the world who reads what he said knows what he meant

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – Round 8 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back