Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

I would use that money to secure our young guns to long term contracts.

Has anyone intimated that $50K is holding us up from signing any of our array of young guns to long term deals?

We has a massive run into the finals off the back of three blokes showing up in our forward 50 every week - hansen one of them. If we lost him over a fraction more money and then tarrant blows a shoulder next year we're back to Petrie.

I'm a Hansen defender (who's had his ****ing patience tried for the last two years) - but Hamish and Pedo are asking to leave for more money, contract length and opportunity elsewhere.

We limit ourselves if they both go (which they have said they want to) and then we lose Hansen as well - not even taking into account the fact that I'd doubt we'll be adequately compensated.

And then add in that we'll have like 4 picks inside the top 50 or something at a time when picking up 4 kids to debut for us in three years time isn't good list management.

Now the Gold Coast are all over Hansen.

I am undergoing an irony overdose.

They are all laughing at us.

It was a brilliant tactic to become the breeding ground for every other club, wasn't it?

And we have bred which stars for other clubs, exactly? And lost which players we wanted to keep, exactly? Bulldogs are going through a phase where they could think that. North is just going its own way, discarding excess players and building nicely while also (almost uniquely) beating off the expansion challenge for its young talent.

Speaking of letting other clubs breed stars, I wonder how the race for Moloney is going?

And we have bred which stars for other clubs, exactly? And lost which players we wanted to keep, exactly? Bulldogs are going through a phase where they could think that. North is just going its own way, discarding excess players and building nicely while also (almost uniquely) beating off the expansion challenge for its young talent.

Speaking of letting other clubs breed stars, I wonder how the race for Moloney is going?

Shouldn't be in the same sentence...

If reports are true and GC , GWS and Freo are interested we would need him to do a Josh Caddy and not just pick 1 club to go to , we need a bidding war ( of sorts )
What picks could these clubs offer us ?

He was a top 5 pick .
His 24 and coming into peak age .
He can play both ends .

Yet to show top5 form .
Acting like a trade week whore .
When he was drafted he wore a man-purse to the club BBQ

Maybe if the deal is right he could go
If he goes Edwards must stay

Completely understand what you are saying but Lachie might be looking at it going "They have offered me 300k a year, Gav was on that for 3 years and did nothing, they should be giving me a bit more than that"

We have put up with some rubbish Lachie performances and now as it appears he is turning the corner we are going to let him go for an unproven kid who has already walked out on one club?

But every club has players they have made mistake with contracts. Should we add Hansen to that list as well?

The Roos have looked at Hansen and what he is worth and offered him a fair contract - now if his manger is in his ear and has talked him into thinking it is not good enough then it is Hansen who is the fool for surrounding himself with twits.

He has put a gun to the North Melbourne Football Clubs head - after an ok half a year of football!!!!

Amazing that we went in to trade week or month or how ever long it is with such optimism yet we are looking like we will be walking away from it with No Pedersen, No Hmac , and possibly now No Hansen and all we are getting in return is f###ing Draft Picks ? and average ones at that! oh and Angus Graham (seriously?!?) I have to admit i am starting to lose faith in the football department if this is the genius plan to get us a premiership

If reports are true and GC , GWS and Freo are interested we would need him to do a Josh Caddy and not just pick 1 club to go to , we need a bidding war ( of sorts )
What picks could these clubs offer us ?

He was a top 5 pick .
His 24 and coming into peak age .
He can play both ends .

Yet to show top5 form .
Acting like a trade week whore .
When he was drafted he wore a man-purse to the club BBQ

Maybe if the deal is right he could go
If he goes Edwards must stay
Holy crap, delist immediately.

But every club has players they have made mistake with contracts. Should we add Hansen to that list as well?

The Roos have looked at Hansen and what he is worth and offered him a fair contract - now if his manger is in his ear and has talked him into thinking it is not good enough then it is Hansen who is the fool for surrounding himself with twits.

He has put a gun to the North Melbourne Football Clubs head - after an ok half a year of football!!!!
Do you actually know how much he was offered?

Makes you wonder why Hansen was out of the seniors for the beginning of the year then bought back in, although he played well, was it a ploy by the coaches to gain him some currency at the trade table, they knew he was up for contract renewal, and were probably more frustrated than all of us over Lachie, but as RB has pointed out above, we lose Pedo and Hamish, Lachie goes as well, things could turn sour very quickly.
The club will have a members riot on its hands if this goes pearshaped.

Stop being such a rampant apologist for Scott and McDonald, and where the **** did I mention the word "star"?

Are you even aware of the existence of some clubs named Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney?

I'm finding it hard to take you seriously lately.

I'm not one of those supporters that smiles serenely and claps politely because "my boys" fought out a battling season for an honorable finish in 7th spot. That will never satisfy me. Ever. We're not the ****ing Bulldogs. I demand the ultimate success for this club and nothing less. We have already conceded 3 seasons of what has virtually amounted to pre season training. I am officially ****ing over it right now, and gauging the opinions of many others, they will have had a gutful of it in the next 12-18 months.

I can't see how picks 14, 35, 36, 40 and 54 are going to turn this around in 12-24 months.

Amazing that we went in to trade week or month or how ever long it is with such optimism yet we are looking like we will be walking away from it with No Pedersen, No Hmac , and possibly now No Hansen and all we are getting in return is f###ing Draft Picks ? and average ones at that! oh and Angus Graham (seriously?!?) I have to admit i am starting to lose faith in the football department if this is the genius plan to get us a premiership

Pederson is fine - he cannot get a game. Hamish is a number 1 ruckman - we have 2 so something has to give - I would rather keep the younger number 1.

Hansen should pull his head in. Not sure the football department have done much wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pederson is fine - he cannot get a game. Hamish is a number 1 ruckman - we have 2 so something has to give - I would rather keep the younger number 1.

Hansen should pull his head in. Not sure the football department have done much wrong.

I understand what your saying but we are not going to be a better side next year by losing these guys for average draft picks. It just seems like nearly everytime we trade we come out as the losers. I have faith in Bryce to use the picks well but we are pushing back our premiership window further so by the time we are legit contenders we will be challenging GWS and GC who lets face it will have very very strong sides with far more top end talent than what we will have.

Stop being such a rampant apologist for Scott and McDonald, and where the **** did I mention the word "star"?

Are you even aware of the existence of some clubs named Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney?

I'm not one of those supporters that smiles serenely and claps politely because "my boys" fought out a battling season for an honorable finish in 7th spot. That will never satisfy me. Ever. We're not the ****ing Bulldogs. I demand the ultimate success for this club and nothing less. We have already conceded 3 seasons of what has virtually amounted to pre season training. I am officially ******* over it right now, and gauging the opinions of many others, they will have had a gutful of it in the next 12-18 months.

I can't see how picks 14, 35, 36, 40 and 54 are going to turn this around in 12-24 months.

Well in my eyes the glass is half full. In 2012 I have not enjoyed watching the Roos since the Carey era - Saints, Cats, Blues, Pies, Crows, Rich, Ess games will be watched many times over the summer. Taking my young children to watch us this year has been a fanatastic experience and they got so much enjoyment out of watching the new young group coming through.

We progressed and won 14 games. No compliants from me.

For me, the second half of 2012 also provided me with lots on enjoyment, however the key will be backing that up this year, for a full year and winning at least 1 final.

Onto more immediate matters - Hansen is more important to us than Caddy and if he walks someone high up should lose their job. H is also worth more to us than pick 36 as a backup to Goldy. Unless their offer improves, H should be on our list next year - if he walks then under free agency next year, so be it. If we trade him just for pick 36, someone high up should lose their job.

Re Caddy, i am honestly not fussed if we nab him or not (assuming its for our first pick). I think he is (and has been since he debuted) massively over rated on out put.

I'm not one of those supporters that smiles serenely and claps politely because "my boys" fought out a battling season for an honorable finish in 7th spot. That will never satisfy me. Ever. We're not the ****ing Bulldogs. I demand the ultimate success for this club and nothing less. We have already conceded 3 seasons of what has virtually amounted to pre season training. I am officially ******* over it right now, and gauging the opinions of many others, they will have had a gutful of it in the next 12-18 months.

Honestly, I'm just glad to hear there's anything you don't take seriously.

Yeah, why not - I'm proud that the club I support got itself from a spot where supporters were talking about bottom four, beat some very good teams convincingly and made the top eight. I'm proud that it did that after several years of not winning those games and falling short. I'm not going to carry on saying that the year was a failure because we didn't win the premiership, and I won't call this period a failure if we keep players we want to keep and send a good recruiter to the draft with decent picks. I'm a supporter, my inclination is to support. I'll support until either the club dies or I die, so there's no silly short timeframe where my patience will run out.

It doesn't make much difference to the club either way, but I reckon the only difference I can make is to vote, sign up and go to games - pretending I'm the President, CEO, Chief, coach or recruiting manager in an anoymous online forum doesn't do anything except provide momentary amusement for me and anyone who's reading. I never believe it means more than that. Unless we are fighting off relocation or some rubbish like that, when it's a way to mobilise a bunch of us - otherwise it's just a bit of fun to pass the time. (Way too much of it, most days.)

You think it's pathetic that I and other supporters don't get angry. I get that, and I can live with it. Your awareness doesn't exceed ours. You just choose to use a little knowledge and a lot of opinion to swipe at opposition and North supporters, trying to belittle, then ignore, those who don't fall into line with you. It's a free country, so good luck with your crusade. I just don't think you'll have any greater impact on real life events than any of us, for all the grief you give yourself and others on the way.

For me, the second half of 2012 also provided me with lots on enjoyment, however the key will be backing that up this year, for a full year and winning at least 1 final.

Onto more immediate matters - Hansen is more important to us than Caddy and if he walks someone high up should lose their job. H is also worth more to us than pick 36 as a backup to Goldy. Unless their offer improves, H should be on our list next year - if he walks then under free agency next year, so be it. If we trade him just for pick 36, someone high up should lose their job.

Re Caddy, i am honestly not fussed if we nab him or not (assuming its for our first pick). I think he is (and has been since he debuted) massively over rated on out put.

Yep, agree.

We get compo for H even if he walked as a free agent, would probably not be much worse that what Geel are offering. Knowing that, he stays and we get the best out of him whatever that might be.

As for Lachie, really disappointed in the mercenery approach he is taking but if the club is offering similar money for Caddy (and his manager knows that) then I would understand why he would tell the club to **** off. A useful key position player at 24 compared to a kid who's done SFA other than let down the club that drafted him. Please.

H2H, best you congregate with the other vanilla types from now on.

I can't take you seriously on this issue, and I can't be ****ed pointing out why.

As shown in the 90s who we acquired through trades i.e Roberts, Grant, Bell, Abraham- the draft and the kids we get arent always going to be the right way to a flag.
Geelong targetted Ottens, Mooney, Harley, Collingwood got Jolley, Ball, Brown, Sydney Kennedy, McGlynn, Mumford, Richards God knows who else.

We need to bring talent to the club. Edwards and McKinley arent the answer.
we need players like Caddy to compliment and be apart of our next premiership tilt.

If we do lose Hansen, McIntosh and Pederson and get **** all then is it right to question the board?? Because it can **** right off if that happens. We have been sold the same message for the past 3 or so years of youth and devlopment. Im fine with that but its Time to start a new one. I hope we make the most of the next couple of weeks or I and others will be voting accordingly at the next meeting.

H2H, best you congregate with the other vanilla types from now on.

I can't take you seriously on this issue, and I can't be ****ed pointing out why.

Translation: You have beaten with me valid points and I don't wanna look stupid so I'm just gonna say I can't be ****ed

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back