Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont mean to intrude guys.

But i have it on good word that Lachie was offered a contract by north wasnt happy with it.

GC suns presented him with a contract and he is currently up on the GC contemplating the move.

Will keep you posted as i get more info.

For me, the second half of 2012 also provided me with lots on enjoyment, however the key will be backing that up this year, for a full year and winning at least 1 final.

Onto more immediate matters - Hansen is more important to us than Caddy and if he walks someone high up should lose their job. H is also worth more to us than pick 36 as a backup to Goldy. Unless their offer improves, H should be on our list next year - if he walks then under free agency next year, so be it. If we trade him just for pick 36, someone high up should lose their job.

Re Caddy, i am honestly not fussed if we nab him or not (assuming its for our first pick). I think he is (and has been since he debuted) massively over rated on out put.

So if Hansen demanded Swallows pay and we say no and he walks someone should lose their job?? No one knows what he was offered - no one knows what he wants. If it is ridiculas request no one should lose their job if he walks. Someone should get a pay rise for letting him walk.

But i have it on good word that Lachie was offered a contract by north wasnt happy with it.

GC suns presented him with a contract and he is currently up on the GC contemplating the move.

Wonderful - Caddy and Swallow for pick 14 and Hansen.

That is a bit of a difference to what I originally believed he was
then before you spout dribble perhaps look up your information first. Thompson hardly ever gets beaten 1-on-1 and I believe (as mentioned a couple of seasons ago) the strongest player at the club

Last one was in 2003. Pretty sure Meredith is all sold out, too. Not sure when Laneway goes on sale.

I'll probably just chuck some Fugazi on and kick the furniture.*

*in addition to burning the Arden Street Reichstag, as mentioned in a previous post

Turbonegro played the last livid and they're back for Meredith this year.

Plenty of Grannie's up there that need their lawns mowed as well.

Could be an opportunity of a life time.

That is a bit of a difference to what I originally believed he was
Hence the reason why i was so keen for you to stop posting your rubbish.... not only that but claiming that Cloke has a low BF% funny shit.... and the fact that he played ok when we got spanked by 80 and 100 points i just dodnt know what do say....

anyway Hansen would be a very good back man you are correct on that part....

It's either this story, or believe Emma Q, who says that the Suns don't want Hansen.

I know who I'm more inclined to believe.

It's either this story, or believe Emma Q, who says that the Suns don't want Hansen.

I know who I'm more inclined to believe.

Having spoken to lachie before he left, i can assurre you hes not just up on the GC for a holiday.

It should be noted that he wants to stay in melb but apparently the contract is pretty good.

Having spoken to lachie before he left, i can assurre you hes not just up on the GC for a holiday.

It should be noted that he wants to stay in melb but apparently the contract is pretty good.
Why Would they have to fly him to GC?

They could just do the medical here while they are in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Would they have to fly him to GC?

They could just do the medical here while they are in Melbourne.

hes up there checking out location, facilities etc.

They probably havent done a medical yet, didnt ask him.

Who are the 2 GC forwards that would take the 2 best defenders to allow Hansen to look ok?

Seeing as Ablett, Bennell and Campell Brown were their top 3 goal kickers I am not sure Hansen will have any where to hide.

I can't see how picks 14, 35, 36, 40 and 54 are going to turn this around in 12-24 months.

Tef, what exactly are we "turning around"? We've gone from bottom 4 to finals under Scott.

Ideally, we'd bring in Caddy for pick 14. Not looking likely as GC don't want pick 14. What would you have us throw at GC for him?

I'm not sure I understand your Moloney fixation. Yes he has big muscles. He hasn't played decent footy for a while and he's 29. I doubt he'd come for a 12 month deal. Would you be offering him 3 years?

Who else would you have us target? Stevens? Maybe our staff reckon he's no good. Jacobs? Ditto. I'm sure if they were decent we'd have a crack for a fair trade.

You are jumping at pure speculation re the McIntosh trade. No one knows what's happening. Nor with Hansen. Do we know what money he wants? Should we pay him whatever he wants?

Tef, what exactly are we "turning around"? We've gone from bottom 4 to finals under Scott.

Ideally, we'd bring in Caddy for pick 14. Not looking likely as GC don't want pick 14. What would you have us throw at GC for him?

I'm not sure I understand your Moloney fixation. Yes he has big muscles. He hasn't played decent footy for a while and he's 29. I doubt he'd come for a 12 month deal. Would you be offering him 3 years?

Who else would you have us target? Stevens? Maybe our staff reckon he's no good. Jacobs? Ditto. I'm sure if they were decent we'd have a crack for a fair trade.

This stuff has already been covered by me in a million other posts.

You are jumping at pure speculation re the McIntosh trade. No one knows what's happening. Nor with Hansen. Do we know what money he wants? Should we pay him whatever he wants?

Where have I stated that anything is a done thing?

They still have two weeks to get it right.

I certainly won't be supporting any more 2008-2011 type trading. We will effectively be pushing our window smack bang in to the GWS & GC windows by doing that. It's tactical suicide. It's beyond stupid.

I have also had a gut full of utilising entire football seasons for pre season training programs.

Who are the 2 GC forwards that would take the 2 best defenders to allow Hansen to look ok?

Seeing as Ablett, Bennell and Campell Brown were their top 3 goal kickers I am not sure Hansen will have any where to hide.

I'm not saying that this is true or anything, but if it is, that would largely be the point. Hansen would get the best defender, as opposed to our even younger forwards. Gives them a bit more room to navigate around while they gain some vital experience. If Hansen does nothing else other than lay a few tackles and take the best defender, that would be good get. Or such would be the thinking, I suppose.

Like I said myself, doubtful. And if he's coming up to check the 'facilities', we'll be pretty boned. They're quite literally tin shacks.

I'm not saying that this is true or anything, but if it is, that would largely be the point. Hansen would get the best defender, as opposed to our even younger forwards. Gives them a bit more room to navigate around while they gain some vital experience. If Hansen does nothing else other than lay a few tackles and take the best defender, that would be good get. Or such would be the thinking, I suppose.

Like I said myself, doubtful. And if he's coming up to check the 'facilities', we'll be pretty boned. They're quite literally tin shacks.

Swallow.

D. Swallow.

This stuff has already been covered by me in a million other posts.

Where have I stated that anything is a done thing?

They still have two weeks to get it right.

I certainly won't be supporting any more 2008-2011 type trading. We will effectively be pushing our window smack bang in to the GWS & GC windows by doing that. It's tactical suicide. It's beyond stupid.

I have also had a gut full of utilising entire football seasons for pre season training programs.

So in 93, 94 and 95 - were you unhappy with Pagan and co? You have to build to a premiership.

2011 - 10 wins
2012 - 14 wins
Building.

As for GWS and GC - the sky is not falling - they have to hold onto the kids and the ones they do have to be good - nothing is being handed to them like the media are suggesting.

Perfect - 500k a year for a few tackles, tag the best defender and be a CHF decoy.:thumbsu:

They might even use him back maybe? It is where he is suited to playing his best footy and who knows, maybe he has wanted to play there for us and that is another reason why he is prepared to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back