Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm with you there mate and I too think he needs to go back to the VFL to work on his game. The issue I have is people bagging him on a personal level. Probably the same people who boo him at games.

Who is bagging him on a personal level?

If you are referring to all the calls he should be dropped, that he isn't the player we hoped for etc etc, it's far from "personal". It is just commenting on his ability as a footballer, or lack thereof in some supporters minds.

Can't help but feel that if one of Hansen or Tarrant makes way for Daw that the remaining player will benefit immensely from Daw's pressure on field and have a field day. Tarrant's form has been okay this year however I still have a concern that he seems to disappear from games for long periods. Hansen I feel is involved more and just a bit down on form. Watching the Brisbane replay it was nowhere near a shocker, brought plenty to ground just needs to clunk a few as well.

Who is bagging him on a personal level?

If you are referring to all the calls he should be dropped, that he isn't the player we hoped for etc etc, it's far from "personal". It is just commenting on his ability as a footballer, or lack thereof in some supporters minds.

Go back and read through the thread. He gets called a lot of things, not all relating to his football ability. I don't mind people discussing his spot in the side but calling him this and that isn't cool. He's still one of ours FFS.

Can't help but feel that if one of Hansen or Tarrant makes way for Daw that the remaining player will benefit immensely from Daw's pressure on field and have a field day. Tarrant's form has been okay this year however I still have a concern that he seems to disappear from games for long periods. Hansen I feel is involved more and just a bit down on form. Watching the Brisbane replay it was nowhere near a shocker, brought plenty to ground just needs to clunk a few as well.

Presence, we've missed it he's got it and it will flow through the whole team.

We need to get him from first gamer to 70+ gamer as quickly as possible. As he is finally ready he can fast track his development in the senior team. That's how it works yeah?

Go back and read through the thread. He gets called a lot of things, not all relating to his football ability. I don't mind people discussing his spot in the side but calling him this and that isn't cool. He's still one of ours FFS.

I did go back, but if it something was out of order the mods would delete it. Fair enough if I missed something though.

He is one of ours, but that comes with a certain level of expectation. Two way street I suspect.

I did go back, but if it something was out of order the mods would delete it. Fair enough if I missed something though.

He is one of ours, but that comes with a certain level of expectation. Two way street I suspect.
I'm not going to wade through the morass again, but the two that stuck in my memory was someone saying it was a fact that he was lazy (no, it's their opinion) and someone saying he was an embarrassment to the jumper (was he an embarrassment when he played on after a head knock in the Essendon win last year?). In fairness though, it could have been the same poster on both occasions.

I don't hate Lachie. He frustrates me because he should be better than he is.

It's quite simple

He is now 5th in line for a spot in the forward line and 4th or 5th in defense

There is no spot for him in the team at the moment and unless injuries or others have form slumps he should be playing reserves for the rest of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the replay the other night and thought the same. His performance didn't look anywhere near as bad on TV as I had been led to believe after reading Big Footy. I agree that someone needs to make way for Majak but I don't agree Hansen is hopeless, useless, terrible or any of the other innumerable adjectives that have been used on here to describe him.

I continue to believe his future is in the back line or possibly on a wing.

I'm not going to wade through the morass again, but the two that stuck in my memory was someone saying it was a fact that he was lazy (no, it's their opinion) and someone saying he was an embarrassment to the jumper (was he an embarrassment when he played on after a head knock in the Essendon win last year?). In fairness though, it could have been the same poster on both occasions.

I was the poster who said he is an embarrassment to the jumper and i stand by that comment. He is an undeniable draft bust and hardly contributes week in, week out. Hansen might be a nice guy and all, but he is a shit footballer and is just hindering the development of another/other players... The fact that he played on after a head knock against Essendon, i say bravo, but when all you bring to the table is courage, then you arnt much help to the team.

He's shown glimpses, but for a first round pick not nearly enough for the amount of oppotunity he's had. as gokangas said 'I want to like him but...' every time he has the ball I cringe.

Lach showed some very good signs towards the back end of last year and has had a preseason in which he has been able to put on some decent size for the first time in his career due to shoulder injuries. Yet for some reason it seems that he is not any stronger in the contest so far this year and is not clunking them up forward. Yes, he is playing further away from goals than our other key talls and being asked to do a lot of the donkey work, and yes the more deliberate buildup we are seeing from the team leaves him less space in which to work, but Maj showed more as a key forward in 10 minutes than Lach has all season and Tarrant has had some pretty decent form this year too. With Taz available again and Black also pushing hard for selection Lachie may just find himself playing VFL this weekend and for quite a few weekends to come.

It's getting hard to justify his inclusion.

if you could go back in time and change his development what would you do?

Where have we gone wrong with Lachie?

I would have played him in the backline fom day 1 - i watched a fair bit of his VFL footy and he always looked more comfortable down back. But he also ALWAYS lacked intensity.

You dont get AFL footy delivered on your terms. Without intensity and resilience you underachieve.

This has nothing to do with the coach putting him further away from goal - i mean seriously, what a joke. The same has been said about Azza Edwards - 'if onlynthe coach played him out of the square'. It is crap.

This is all down to Lachie, but time is running out, and unless he starts playing like time is about to run out it will end very quickly for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back