Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

284006-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

He promises, yet fails to deliver.

Takes rides for the fun of it.

Juice Newton would outperform him.

Get rid of.

It's in Hansen's and the clubs best interest to go back to VFL.

He was given a contract he arguably didn't deserve, and now has done nothing since. I've watched two games live this year, and he isn't working near hard enough despite all these "elite endurance" claims. His marking is also worse than the day he was drafted, have no idea why.

We need him to improve, and quickly. Can't carry him any longer with other options available.

Both Tarrent and Drew are better kicks for goal. I know Lachie was pretty accurate last year, I just wonder if it will continue to stand up. He has sprayed a few already this year

Do you see a defender that can match his strength AND athleticism?

No doubt the rest of the AFL will be rushing out in sheer panic to snap up all those unheralded VFL defenders that have managed to keep him under 3 goals in a match.

Deep breaths. Take them.

No doubt the rest of the rest of the AFL in sheer panic will be rushing out to snap up all those VFL defenders that have managed to keep him under 3 goals in a match.

Deep breath.
Not the question I asked.

If he plays mainly forward (which he should) who do you see as a decent match-up given we also have Dish/Hansen/Tarrant.

Maj has only played 3 games of VFL footy as a key forward. Fair effort to have even broken into the side after 1 preseason in a relatively new position.

Not the question I asked.

If he plays mainly forward (which he should) who do you see as a decent match-up given we also have Dish/Hansen/Tarrant.

I'll take a stab at Paul Puopolo.

Your question doesn't make sense.

Which clubs key defenders would be able to blanket him?

With good delivery?

Very few, but very few could cover Petrie, Hansen or Tarrant under those circumstances either.

With poor delivery, take your pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you happy Majak is playing AFL footy? Do you think he'll make it?

1) Very.

2) If played in the proper role, given the right amount of time and further development.

Are you happy Majak is playing AFL footy? Do you think he'll make it?

Maybe, just maybe see till he plays a full 4 quarters.

I am happy he has had a crack, but will reserve my judgement.

Oh and that photo HH posted of Lachie climbing up, shows all the signs of being the most laid back bloke in the world.............................................not:p

There's not a defender in the league that can match his athleticism.

That's true. Even if he doesn't produce each week he would at least keep defenders honest.

And in reverse I find it laughable about Hansen going back to CHB. I was initially for it, but after 4 games of woeful attack on the footy he would just be an even bigger liability.

With good delivery?

Very few, but very few could cover Petrie, Hansen or Tarrant under those circumstances either.

With poor delivery, take your pick.

imo, the difference is he doesn't need it lace out. He just needs it high and in his area. He took two contested marks in 18 minutes last week. One was kicked to side he didn't lead to but he jumped all over that bloke and the other was a ridiculous one hander v a gorilla. He doesn't need it precise.

imo, the difference is he doesn't need it lace out. He just needs it high and in his area. He took two contested marks in 18 minutes last week. One was kicked to side he didn't lead to but he jumped all over that bloke and the other was a ridiculous one hander v a gorilla. He doesn't need it precise.

This.

Buddy, if he does that 4 times he will end up with a big bloke standing toe to toe with him and another defender coming over the top every time for the rest of his career..

Majak needs to play a flexible role in a flexible forward line to maximise his output. Stints in the ruck make him a particularly hard match up. I see him eventually becoming a 30% ruckman/30% high forward/30% deep forward.

Of course, if he can isolate a vulnerable match up on a given day then that deep forward percentage will shoot up immediately.

Hansen 4 full games, 1 contested mark.

Daw less than 1 quarter, 2 contested marks, both inside F50 and leading to shots on goal.

Buddy, if he does that 4 times he will end up with a big bloke standing toe to toe with him and another defender coming over the top every time for the rest of his career..

Majak needs to play a flexible role in a flexible forward line to maximise his output. Stints in the ruck make him a particularly hard match up. I see him eventually becoming a 30% ruckman/30% high forward/30% deep forward.

Of course, if he can isolate a vulnerable match up on a given day then that deep forward percentage will shoot up immediately.

I would be amazed if anyone was able to jump over the top of Majak in a marking contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back