Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude, I rate Hansen quite highly and find it sad to see him on the fringes, just a few questions, is lachie contracted to the end of 2014, and what would the roos ask for at the trade table?

Sorry to intrude, I rate Hansen quite highly and find it sad to see him on the fringes, just a few questions, is lachie contracted to the end of 2014, and what would the roos ask for at the trade table?
Very subjective in this thread mate. :) I would've thought first round somewhere closer to early than late, but I also don't think we would trade him. Think it'll come down to the rest of this season and where we actually play him on the ground. Might also b something Lachie drives himself if he thinks he can get better opportunity somewhere else.

He is contracted until the end of 2014 as far as I understand.

I don't think he is untouchable but it would require a good deal in order to trade him.

Thanks for the responses. Reckon he'd thrive as a number one target. Suppose it's premature to stamp is papers at round 5. Would love it for him to make it!

Thanks for the responses. Reckon he'd thrive as a number one target. Suppose it's premature to stamp is papers at round 5. Would love it for him to make it!

I agree.

He has the potential to be a 60+ goal a year forward as the primary focal point.

How does that work with us though...

Tarrant, Daw and Petrie all play best as the primary focal point

How can you arrive at such a definitive conclusion based on 2 marks and 10 minutes of football against crap opposition and when all 3 have never played together?

If only he can re-discover his marking ability.

He's off the boil that can't be denied, but he has to work a lot harder for his opportunities than Drew and Robbie.

How can you arrive at such a definitive conclusion based on 2 marks and 10 minutes of football against crap opposition and when all 3 have never played together?

Okay remove Daw from the equation. Hansen tends to be the "decoy" more often than not.

How do we give him the time needed to be the focal point in our forward line when we have Tarrant and Petrie also wanting that position?

I'm just curious. I want whats best for Hansen. He still has the potential and I really want him to fulfil it.

He's off the boil that can't be denied, but he has to work a lot harder for his opportunities than Drew and Robbie.

He does do a lot of running, but I feel he just isn't strong enough in the contest to hold on to enough marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay remove Daw from the equation. Hansen tends to be the "decoy" more often than not.

How do we give him the time needed to be the focal point in our forward line when we have Tarrant and Petrie also wanting that position?

I'm just curious. I want whats best for Hansen. He still has the potential and I really want him to fulfil it.

The coach clearly favors Drew and Robbie inside the forward arc. A lot of the criticism of Lachie is not based on rational footy thinking with a view to the role he is called on to play.

I don't think matters will truly work in to his favor tactically until Drew hangs up the boots.

Personally, I would never have moved him from full forward at the end of 2010.

He does do a lot of running, but I feel he just isn't strong enough in the contest to hold on to enough marks.

Are Drew and Robbie significantly any better? When Drew gets two outed he virtually disappears.

Lachie is usually pushing high up the ground and in to space. He is usually only involved in packs when he pushes back in to the forward line or when he gets rotated inside to rest Drew or Robbie.

It's a thankless task for which he is unfairly judged..

He may have less ball directed his way, but he also gets to play on the 2nd or 3rd defender every week.

Who was his opponent on the weekend?

He took Taylor v Geelong and played a crucial role in our first half domination.

Are Drew and Robbie significantly any better? When Drew gets two outed he virtually disappears.

Lachie is usually pushing high up the ground and in to space. He is usually only involved in packs when he pushes back in to the forward line or when he gets rotated inside to rest Drew or Robbie.

It's a thankless task for which he is unfairly judged..

I don't think Dish and Tarrant are significantly better either. Dish is better, but not by a lot.

Hansen has shown he can take an overhead mark, as has Drew, Tarrant less so (has taken a couple this year, woohoo).

I want to see Lachie holding marks, rather than just 'making a contest'.

I don't think Dish and Tarrant are significantly better either. Dish is better, but not by a lot.

Hansen has shown he can take an overhead mark, as has Drew, Tarrant less so (has taken a couple this year, woohoo).

I want to see Lachie holding marks, rather than just 'making a contest'.

His marking is currently off the boil, but try to take in to account his comparative opportunity count when evaluating his contribution.

How many times does Lachie get the lace out feed that we see Drew and Robbie get?

I'm happy for him to make a contest if he gets multiple opponents as long as we prepare accordingly at ground level. If two blokes are required to stop him from marking high balls then we must have a loose man somewhere.

His marking is currently off the boil, but try to take in to account his comparative opportunity count when evaluating his contribution.

How many times does Lachie get the lace out feed that we see Drew and Robbie get?

I'm happy for him to make a contest if he gets multiple opponents as long as we prepare accordingly at ground level. If two blokes are required to stop him from marking high balls then we must have a loose man somewhere.

To me, being a good forward is being able to take a mark when the delivery isn't perfect.

Anyone can take a grab on the lead with their opponent lagging behind.

To me, being a good forward is being able to take a mark when the delivery isn't perfect.

Anyone can take a grab on the lead with their opponent lagging behind.

If that's the case then we don't have a good forward.

He may have less ball directed his way, but he also gets to play on the 2nd or 3rd defender every week.

Who was his opponent on the weekend?

So why not then chuck him in the goal square and take advantage of that.

That may very well be the case.

This is where I think Maj will help immensely.

He won't be playing on Niall McKeever if he does that six times a match.

People need to take a deep breath about the whole Majak thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back