Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time Lachie took some peptides and turned himself into a gorilla.
Take the 2 year suspension and come back bigger n better.

Not easy to do when your job is to provide 200 repeat runs between the goal square and the wing

If Lake plays on Lachy, Lake wont keep up with him.
If Stratton plays on Lachy, it will leave Dish and Daw one out.
If Gibson plays on Lachy, he wont be able to go third up.

Hansen must play CHF and run all day. If his man decides to zone off we kick it Lachy.
Please bloody rock up Sunday Lachlan. Please.

Seriously, didn't see all these Lachie Hansen discussions. Snake even though I rate him why is there all this angst?

When I've seen him play in the VFL/AFL his been very solid....

284006-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

He promises, yet fails to deliver.

Takes rides for the fun of it.

Juice Newton would outperform him.

Get rid of.

First time in 10 years I've ever seen Lachie get that high.

Perhaps he's just a slow learner.

Seriously, didn't see all these Lachie Hansen discussions. Snake even though I rate him why is there all this angst?

Many people are under the delusion that we have 3 Careys, 4 Blights and 6 Cables wasting away in the VFL.

Many also just simply don't understand the true nuances of the game.

The Aztecs sacrificed their children to appease the sun god, certain North types utilise Lachie Hansen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many people are under the delusion that we have 3 Careys, 4 Blights and 6 Cables wasting away in the VFL.

The Aztecs sacrificed their children to appease the sun god, certain North types utilise Lachie Hansen.

Who is our sun god?

I see. I'd happily sacrifice one of the dime a dozen hbfers at the blues to have a target in the forward.

Hopefully we can trade sacrificial lambs.....

I see. I'd happily sacrifice one of the dime a dozen hbfers at the blues to have a target in the forward.

Hopefully we can trade sacrificial lambs.....

No doubt. Hansen and Waite would give Carlton far greater potency in their forward line.

However, despite the absurd crap that is posted around here, I doubt Carlton could realistically satisfy a trade or be willing to part with their 1st round pick.

We need quality onballers and a trade for a starting 22 KPP with his best footy still in front of him, for a fringe flanker, is not likely to occur.

You would have to throw a 1st round pick or perhaps someone like Garlett in order to get any interest.

No doubt. Hansen and Waite would give Carlton far greater potency in their forward line.

However, despite the absurd crap that is posted around here, I doubt Carlton could realistically satisfy a trade or be willing to part with their 1st round pick.

We need quality onballers and a trade for a starting 22 KPP with his best footy still in front of him, for a fringe flanker, is not likely to occur.

You would have to throw a 1st round pick or perhaps someone like Garlett in order to get any interest.

I can't see Garlett being traded but potentially Ellard and a draft pick.

Large tank, solid inside game, loves crumming goals, strong defensive game. Can't break into the Carlton forward line (behind Betts, Garlett, Yarran) or midfield (behind Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Scotland, Carazzo, McLean, Simpson).

Would have started best 22, but went down with a hammy during nab cup, returned two weeks back, played in the seconds and has been bog both weeks. Was looking likely to start this week but Betts return has push him out for at least another week.

Hansen 4 full games, 1 contested mark.

Daw less than 1 quarter, 2 contested marks, both inside F50 and leading to shots on goal.

Close thread. No more needs to be said.

Buddy, if he does that 4 times he will end up with a big bloke standing toe to toe with him and another defender coming over the top every time for the rest of his career..

Majak needs to play a flexible role in a flexible forward line to maximise his output. Stints in the ruck make him a particularly hard match up. I see him eventually becoming a 30% ruckman/30% high forward/30% deep forward.

Of course, if he can isolate a vulnerable match up on a given day then that deep forward percentage will shoot up immediately.

No defence in the competition can afford to double team Daw for one simple reason: Drew Petrie.

We have one of the top 5-8 KPF's in the competition who would simply kick goals all day if any defence didn't put their best defender on him.

It's the number one reason Scott initially brought in the Triple Towers and highlights just how important it is that one of Hansen/Tarrant/Daw kicks on and becomes a B+ 40 goal a year player. It would free up Petrie immensely.

No defence in the competition can afford to double team Daw for one simple reason: Drew Petrie.

We have one of the top 5-8 KPF's in the competition who would simply kick goals all day if any defence didn't put their best defender on him.

It's the number one reason Scott initially brought in the Triple Towers and highlights just how important it is that one of Hansen/Tarrant/Daw kicks on and becomes a B+ 40 goal a year player. It would free up Petrie immensely.

Who is going to be the decoy out of Drew Majak and Tarrant/Black?

Apart from what Tef said, the clue's in the title of the thread. I can't recall another player so persecuted simply for his demeanour. Big goofy grin, loping gait, can't recall him ever having much of a punch on.

For some supporters, when a player dons the blue and white he needs to take half a dozen angry pills, put on his stern look, and appear to have just finished an iron man contest after every run. Barking at teammates and a bit of finger pointing doesn't go astray at times either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back