Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Always thought Lachie was a natural defender, but he's done a pretty good job when needed as a forward at times, despite the negativity towards him from some.
He really struggled in the opening rounds and his first quarter was poor today, but then he blossomed down back as the game went on.
Just looks a lot more composed in the back half.
Hope he's not seriously injured, as it was an important game for him.
At the other end, Aaron Black did some things almost too quick for the eye at ground level.
He has some serious tricks...

Always thought Lachie was a natural defender, but he's done a pretty good job when needed as a forward at times, despite the negativity towards him from some.
He really struggled in the opening rounds and his first quarter was poor today, but then he blossomed down back as the game went on.
Just looks a lot more composed in the back half.
Hope he's not seriously injured, as it was an important game for him.
At the other end, Aaron Black did some things almost too quick for the eye at ground level.
He has some serious tricks...
Summed up very well. I always remember Malcom Blight saying that he liked LH down back.

Definitely has to play defence from now on, looked comfortable back there took a few good grabs. But which defender goes out for him?

Can you play, Thompson,Grima,Firrito and Hansen ?
Could work... only problem is Mcmahon is pretty slow too so....

He is our number 1 swing man, play him where is needed. He does appear more comfortable down back and got better as the game went on tonight. Will test him next week if he has to take NicNat or Cox when resting up forward.

On Aaron Black, he almost looks better below his knees than in the air. Some good, clean, one-grab stuff at pace tonight. Probably his best game for the club.

Ian Fairley like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The attacking at all costs game plan suited him last year as a forward, but without that he doesn't provide much. So if he is going to work his way into the 22 then it will be as a defender. He played well today.

I said last week the only way he was getting back into the side was as a back man and events today just confirmed that. We'll need him against the WC forward line next week so good to get a game into him beforehand.

McMahon would want to extract the digit though. Was rancid today.

Had his standard few clanger moments but on the whole did really well, loved seeing him take a mark 1-on-1 in the back 50 too. Whilst he will continue to offer an option at both ends if needed, It's clear to me he has more of a chance to stay in the team as a defender, at least whilst my man & Maj continue to perform.

Pure and simple.

He is more confident there. He can still play forward, and would be an option when Drew retires.

In saying that, floating across as that key man in defence with his overhead marking ability, is something he would continue to thrive at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back