Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

consistency was always his biggest. That was really his only issue. Its not like he made massive errors when he was on the field. Sometimes in the early days and even now he still goes missing in games. His goal kicking can also be abysmal.

The highlight package from DR just shows why so many people stick up for him. When he extends his arms he really can clunk marks. His marking when he gets a fly from the side is absolutely awesome. His field kicking is also pretty impressive for a big man. I'd love for him to prove all his doubters wrong over the coming years!

What bloopers? Oh that's right he kicks it on the full 20 times a game and drops 15 marks a game and all that shit that would make someone disappointed in him.

Tell me what was different in Lachie this year to what he did in 2010?

You do know he was drafted in 2006 right?

You do know he was drafted in 2006 right?

Yep and turned up at the club at 80 kilos with a massive tank. What do you expect from a KPP that size in his first year or two?

Rightly or wrongly Lachie discussions are
Broughtby3.jpg

For mine we need to retain him and it is as simple as that.

Lachie is a gun footballer, at 24 he is hitting his straps.
He will stay, it would be a travesty if he left.

Maybe we are going to offload Lachie for a high pick? Perhaps to say a Bulldogs? I know this is just made up so please don't quote me, but perhaps Hansen to Dogs for their 1st pick on trade to Sydney for Rohan who ontrade the pick for Tippet? Everyones a winner!

Maybe we are going to offload Lachie for a high pick? Perhaps to say a Bulldogs? I know this is just made up so please don't quote me, but perhaps Hansen to Dogs for their 1st pick on trade to Sydney for Rohan who ontrade the pick for Tippet? Everyones a winner!

Rohan for Hansen?

Are you taking the piss?

I am not sure how we are a winner in that?

Bulldogs get a KPP who delivered 20 goals in 12 games. at that rate he kicks 40 goals next year (this excludes further development even though its likely). Would play a role in 2013.

Sydney get a KPP who has played significant roles in significant finals and would work in tandem with Reid significantly strengthening their forward line. Would play a role in 2013.

We get a kid that I rate highly however he also copped a severely broken leg, this puts him way behind. He is talented but he is likely to be a good couple of years away for playing a significant role is games, and that is only if he can get to his potential prior to the break.

Rohan for Hansen?

Are you taking the piss?

I will be incredibly annoyed if he is even put up for trade. If he is we would need to get proven talent onto the list.

Rejected a deal worth 300k a year, dont know on how long long the deal was, rumour is he isnt happy with some of the coaches at the club.​

There is a lot to be disappointed by in this. :rolleyes:

Geez he's got great hands, doesn't he? They always say KPF peak around 26-27. This guy could still be something special.

Hansen is an accurate shot, proven goal kicker and has the tank to run out the game. All the players beneath him on the list are yet to show any of those things. Need to retain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What bloopers? Oh that's right he kicks it on the full 20 times a game and drops 15 marks a game and all that shit that would make someone disappointed in him.

Tell me what was different in Lachie this year to what he did in 2010?

I think Hansen had better hands overhead in prior years. The vast majority of your highlights reel are from prior seasons.

Outside that he has become a more complete player for sure, which is why he can't be let go when it's his time (and he appears ready) to deliver at a quality level for the club.

Rejected a deal worth 300k a year, dont know on how long long the deal was, rumour is he isnt happy with some of the coaches at the club.​

Maybe Lachie posts here under the username of Jozeph? :eek:

300k... yeah no wonder he is angry when we offer josh caddy the same amount of money... poor player management if true.....

any more updates?

Just a question... Can a club convince a player to sign with them and take him in the PSD without any attempt at a trade previously? Wouldn't it constitute draft tampering?

If Hansen goes though to GC and its inevitable, at least we've worked out how to get Caddy and Hickey.

Just a question... Can a club convince a player to sign with them and take him in the PSD without any attempt at a trade previously? Wouldn't it constitute draft tampering?

If Hansen goes though to GC and its inevitable, at least we've worked out how to get Caddy and Hickey.
I believe a player can state his contract terms and the club that picks him up must pay it.....the draft can be manipulated....

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back