6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be signing my girlfriend up next year and I'll try to convince the neutral family to join up too. Love the fact that we've been given a target. That'll be another 4 right there. 5996 to go.

Alright, we've been given an agenda now we must do what we have to do. Come one, 6000 more members, everyone must sign up some newbies. We can do it, especially with at least a GF berth and/or Brownlow medallist.

This has given me new hope, well done to JB.

Allison Niven I think wrote the letter. Said she wants a Board all North supporters can be proud of.

Must have got under a few Board members skins and up one Board member's Nostril.

Go Allison.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I want to have Jonathon Brown's children, he's now my favourite man in the world.

Thanks for writing the letter Aliroo! :)

(Sorry, but I still think James Brayshaw's response was over simplistic - if we need that many members why has it taken a letter on the Footy Show now to get that message pushed, why hasn't the club made it a known target and started promoting itself as best it can etc)

If people buy multiple tickets then makes sure you go back outside and enter with your second ticket. They want the attendance as well as the members. :p

Good point, Tas. I have had multiple memberships for years but have never thought to do this! :eek: I had thought that I was doing my bit by purchasing extra memberships but hadn't actually considered inflating the attendance figures in this way. I will definitely rectify the situation next year!

Re: An Ultimatim!

We need all our virile men and fertile women working 'round the clock to get the 6000.

I'm up for it. Who's with me?

Righto, I'll get on it ASAP, just as soon as the Footy Show is over.

In all seriousness it was a good to hear JB say that. At least we know where he stands and he put it in black or white terms, something we can all understand.

I'll be signing myself up, my girlfriend, the old lady, sister and the nephew. Only need one more for my 5!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people buy multiple tickets then makes sure you go back outside and enter with your second ticket. They want the attendance as well as the members. :p
I was putting through 4 or 5 sometimes this yr they all count. I know many of us get multiple memberships but next yr we have to add some more simple . The numbers talk

I want to have Jonathon Brown's children, he's now my favourite man in the world.

Thanks for writing the letter Aliroo! :)

(Sorry, but I still think James Brayshaw's response was over simplistic - if we need that many members why has it taken a letter on the Footy Show now to get that message pushed, why hasn't the club made it a known target and started promoting itself as best it can etc)

P'raps they've finally realised on the Board that the GC is NOT where the future of the Club should ever be.

Re: An Ultimatim!

So they are saying if we can sign up another 6000 members, thats another $2million to the club and no GC?

6k members and 5k+ attendees to home games. Its achievable if the Club runs the no GC line. There are 16k adult members. All it will take roughly is for each 3 adult members to get 1 new member OR a lapsed member back on board.

It will also be important to get as many to join up pre christmas to create the positive momentum.

Well the club has done well to work towards that 28k target by letting us get bashed around in the media by all this speculation and innuendo over the last 2 years:thumbsdown:

Can't argue with the message though.

I got 2 brothers and 3 sisters. I guess they will be members next year. Does the armchair membership classify as a member but doesnt give you access to games?

Isn't included in the "official" membership count but it does provide dollars to the Club. If we sell 5k armchair memberships to new people it will provide $250,000 additional net revenue to the NMFC.

Imo its down to the hard core fans how many do we have i am not sure say there is 500 to 1000 . If we can somehow get half of the 6000 members which is 3 extra memberships each we will be well on the way. Either by finding new members or even buying a junior roo membership as a donation they do all count. The fact we r 1 game from a Grand Final this yr with a young developing list should be a great reason for increase sales next yr.

Oh well...the AFL can stick me full membership up the ar$e for next year...l'm up for a family package - about time my family stop supporting all these other useless clubs like the bullies (wife), blues(daughter 1) and pies (daughter 2).
l reckon it's time for me to go the Inner Chairmans ticket - if l can't get to the game then this is ample compensation.

Can lwe get the web designer of the official site to put a target membership figure and then a running total?

Well the club has done well to work towards that 28k target by letting us get bashed around in the media by all this speculation and innuendo over the last 2 years:thumbsdown:

Can't argue with the message though.

now we the members have to show some shinboner spirit and forget what the media say and sign up... 28 in 08 too easy... :D:D we have been waiting to hear this now we must act...

Alright, we've been given an agenda now we must do what we have to do. Come one, 6000 more members, everyone must sign up some newbies. We can do it, especially with at least a GF berth and/or Brownlow medallist.

This has given me new hope, well done to JB.

Not quite true Roos4eva. We have lost a number of members due to the perception that we are going interstate. Now we have a target we should be able to get some of these back. But, you are right, in that we also need the new members. I have two acquaintances who have come on board to AFL but wouldn't commit to the NMFC because they wanted a Melbourne based team.

Remove this Banner Ad

6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back