6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

The real work for the Club and its supporters starts over November -December when we need to smash all early membership records. I can't wait to get my renewal applications and get the numbers ticking over. This is the most positive I've felt on off field issues for many years.

The real work for the Club and its supporters starts over November -December when we need to smash all early membership records. I can't wait to get my renewal applications and get the numbers ticking over. This is the most positive I've felt on off field issues for many years.

Thats right folks. Dont mean to get all Braveheart here or anything, but we can fight like buggery or lay down and die. Fight like dirty dirty dogs and keep Arden St alive for future generatons to love.

Time for the hardcore to flex the muscles. Everyone just needs to do their bit, sign up as many as you can. Carn the Kangas!

Footy show statement isn't enough.
We now need a strong campaign focusing on that.

Something along the lines of:

"Help cement our Melbourne base forever. Sign up and make sure the relocation issue is closed"

But I can't see AFL being happy with such slogans, or even Brayshaw's statement, as it doesn't send a good message to Gold Coast.

Hope the club will have the guts to go with that message. Just wish they'd see the sense to permanently revert back to the North Melbourne name, as I reckon they'd sell 3k memberships just on that alone.

All we have to do is provide info to those neutrals and show them how important it is to get on board.

Ill get 5 from my family to become members
Another 5 from my cousins
Aother 10 from my mates

and including my self thats 21 memberships
I'm working on some new content right now for WeAreNorthMelbourne

send the url out to as many people as possible.

When the membership drive starts up for 08, I'll put the membership number up as well

Is it correct that you guys have 5,000 members who were signed up in 2006 but not this year??

Surely they will be the main targets....

It was over 7000 from what I heard early in the season, most of those that were called up that refused to sign said it was because of the GC relocation talk.

I know i'll be getting several of my friends signed up as members in 2008 - it's time!

(PS, Aussie Memberships, since they are technically game-based memberships (5 games per year, must be 200km away from Melbourne CBD) count towards the membership total, yes?

What about if we were to give another game to the GC for 3 home and 1 away game in total a year....wait hear me out....

Thats another $400K in the front pocket.

But the AFL agree to three Friday nights, and Good Friday.

With a little influx of new members next year I think $2mil is very achievable...even without an ideal draw.

lets stop hawking ourselves around Australia... this is why the members are not joining... we deserve the Friday nights and I think with the amount of submissions we have put in for Good Friday... we deserve first dibbs on that too... or the league and the other clubs can attempt to be innovators... but then they all know that is what we do best... :D:D

All we have to do is provide info to those neutrals and show them how important it is to get on board.

Ill get 5 from my family to become members
Another 5 from my cousins
Aother 10 from my mates

and including my self thats 21 memberships

You're a champ birthday boy. If they bring back the Recruit-A-Roo program, that would win you a trip interstate.

I know i'll be getting several of my friends signed up as members in 2008 - it's time!

(PS, Aussie Memberships, since they are technically game-based memberships (5 games per year, must be 200km away from Melbourne CBD) count towards the membership total, yes?

just make sure your mates don't sign up while they are on Christmas holidays on the GoldCoast... :D:D

Hey Limerick what do u think we need to be on by Dec 31 15000 ?

The membership by christmas for the last 4 years was
21/12/2003......6,555......21/12/2004......6,700........21/12/2005.....5,718....19/12/2006......4,287.

The Club has marketed the automatic renewal option over the last 2 years so we can expect some increase on the Dec 06 figure. My gut feel is that we should aim for 10k+ by Christmas and to break our 2007 figure by the start of the season.

21/12/2003......6,555......21/12/2004......6,700........21/12/2005.....5,718....19/12/2006......4,287.

The Club has marketed the automatic renewal option over the last 2 years so we can expect some increase on the Dec 06 figure. My gut feel is that we should aim for 10k+ by Christmas and to break our 2007 figure by the start of the season.

Yeah the figures there show real scope for improvement double that figure we will almost be there hopefully by the cut off date

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Automatic renewal system has been changed tho - its all credit card based now. Can still be done over 11 months, but no more direct debit.... looks like i'll have to pay some of the card off before memberships open :p

I came home from work saw title of this thread and thought why cant they just let us enjoy the final this week without bringing this crap up.

But when i read about this aliroo and her letter to JB,i was hearten by what JB said as it has given hope something the players had already given us.

It showed that we a chance in this fight because our hands aint tied behind our backs anymore,lets hammer these so called people that have tried to take our beloved club from us.

As i was reading the posts about what had occured on TFS I felt a tingle running down my spine,i think it was from our north melbourne fore fathers that said its our time to make a difference.

Just follow this slogan,if its to be its up to me.

PS-what are caro and vlad going to say now.

I came home from work saw title of this thread and thought why cant they just let us enjoy the final this week without bringing this crap up.

But when i read about this aliroo and her letter to JB,i was hearten by what JB said as it has given hope something the players had already given us.

It showed that we a chance in this fight because our hands aint tied behind our backs anymore,lets hammer these so called people that have tried to take our beloved club from us.

As i was reading the posts about what had occured on TFS I felt a tingle running down my spine,i think it was from our north melbourne fore fathers that said its our time to make a difference.

Just follow this slogan,if its to be its up to me.

PS-what are caro and vlad going to say now.
She'll probably say it's more evidence of a club in disarray or some such shit.:rolleyes:

There are certain current board members who want the club to go to the Gold Coast and thats a fact. And he knows it. And so does Ron Joseph, hence his warning of a battle once the season is over. Caroline Wilson also knows it, as do many others.

Andrew Carter Board.

You are right on this point, Arden St. And I, for one, certainly don't have a problem with "outing" the Board regarding their respective stances on relocation. As you say, it would seem like a fair request, and somewhat prudent given the enormity of the issue. Doesn't mean it will happen. But, for the record, I'm all for it.

JB has publicly set the bar now. Interesting to see what the reaction is from the rest of the Board.

We'll have at least a Preliminary Final appearance under our belts.

We've got a good bunch of kids like Smith, McIntosh, Pratt, Wells, and co. coming through.

We have some dead sexy looking blokes like Gibson and, um....er.....Spud....to get the girls signing up.

THOMMO is back next season.

Leigh Brown looks gawn.

There is no excuse, no reason, for the club not to put in a great marketing effort to get these members signed up.

We'll have at least a Preliminary Final appearance under our belts.

We've got a good bunch of kids like Smith, McIntosh, Pratt, Wells, and co. coming through.

We have some dead sexy looking blokes like Gibson and, um....er.....Spud....to get the girls signing up.

THOMMO is back next season.

Leigh Brown looks gawn.

There is no excuse, no reason, for the club not to put in a great marketing effort to get these members signed up.

And we need to sell all of these things to the public to get the non-member fans to sign up... especially the Brown point.

Re: An Ultimatim!

6k members and 5k+ attendees to home games. Its achievable if the Club runs the no GC line. There are 16k adult members. All it will take roughly is for each 3 adult members to get 1 new member OR a lapsed member back on board.

It will also be important to get as many to join up pre christmas to create the positive momentum.
Just curious, how do these sums work ?

eg, if we sign an extra 5000 members, what does it matter if they don't actually attend games ? (Of course, I'm hoping they do). And does it vary between home & away games ? I seem to recall someone saying that members with a 14-game ticket cost NMFC $ when they attend the away games ; is that a factor to be considered ?

Or is it just the factor of being able to say 'Our average attendance at Melb games was x,000' ?

Remove this Banner Ad

6000 new members or Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back