AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the whole media reporting thing,

Before we jump to conclusions etc can we realise that the captain of the essendon football club doing a reportable action before Anzac day (biggest home and away game of the year) is going to be a torch for reporters to make comment early.
It's not a conspiracy it's media doing their jobs and putting their name up as first reported by.

Good old essendon fans, go on and on about being a big club, but when it comes with media scrutiny that being a big fish leads to it's all conspiracies and hard done by comments.

Totally agree. Essendon is always going to be click bait for the media to generate views etc on their articles.

I would say though that an injury ravaged Collingwoood, on the cusp of the biggest home and away game of the year, potentially losing one or two players to suspension would also be note worthy. Collingwood isn’t exactly a small club…content regarding them gets viewed widely.

Need to allow the crowd to call ball, then the ump gets their caesar moment. Does he bay to the crowds call for blood or show mercy.

Spectacle above all
Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF

Totally agree. Essendon is always going to be click bait for the media to generate views etc on their articles.

I would say though that an injury ravaged Collingwoood, on the cusp of the biggest home and away game of the year, potentially losing one or two players to suspension would also be note worthy. Collingwood isn’t exactly a small club…content regarding them gets viewed widely.
On the plus side, Melbourne have a vested interest in the strongest possible Essendon side playing next week. That 4 points might be the difference between playing an away final and a home one.

Ah I saw that floating around, that was AFL published examples? Not a lot of difference if it is, We will see I guess.

Yeah, those are the examples provided in the AFL tribunal guide for 2023. Heeney is a low impact example for a dangerous tackle. Dangerfield is an example for a medium impact dangerous tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're right except Zach will get rubbed out.

If that happens we need to move past it and not play victim, Hobbs can come in and others can step up, we can actually cover one of our gun mids now, haven't been able to do that for a while.

Also at some stage this year we will play a team who had a player suspended for something similar the week prior, I think it will even itself out in the end.

Kane Cornes/Cane Kornes reckons he'll get off

Actually this entire clip which I skimmed through, Cornes is a mite more candid and less shit stirring than usual. Two Essendon segments and it's chaptered so easy to skip forward and back

edit: and I'm not saying that coz he said something surprisingly halfway nice about Merrett 😅 There's a bit where he's talking about JHF that's good.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Interview with The Age - 20/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back