Traded 7. Matthew Kennedy - Traded to the Western Bulldogs :((

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a soft spot for Bam Bam from day 1 when he signed with us and drove down to Wagga(?) to grab a Carlton jumper to wear for the news - he was so keen to wear the Navy Blue.
Love his intensity, how he has overcome so many hurdles and hopefully his body is over the silly niggles that held him back.
Strong in a contest, solid mark and doesn't make you completely terrified when he takes a shot at goal.

He's a beauty. Not completely unlike a previous wonderful wearer of the 7. Ratts be happy with his toughness and skill.
Ratts was one of my favorites and I’m a huge fan of BamBam. Has worked so hard and is now an indispensable part of our midfield. Just so wrapped he’s signed up and excited to see him continue to develop with his superhero mates in the midfield. 😁And just turned 25.

Was hanging on by a thread there for a little while, but has finally started to really put it together and play great footy. Rapt for him and for us! I thought a bunch of other clubs would come knocking with him out of contract at the end of this year.
yep, smart ploy to nail him down so early in season.

Sends a bit of a message to his team mates too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we traded in MK it meant that 5 of the top 25 picks of the 2015 draft went to us. Add JSOS and that could be one-third of the starting 18 of our next premiership (I still think Cuningham is a key piece of the puzzle)
Reckon Kennedy is the type of player who could win a Norm Smith, too
Absolutely!

He is going to thrive as that quick evasive skill full type out of the centre to compliment our contested bulls just like how I think Carroll will turn out and they can be swapped out on a HFF/wing as well to add even more dynamics to the team.

We really are starting to show some "D" word and it's
OGC.73543d690d5028b7ce4856c559cd49c2

Well deserved Matthew. It's a bloody good feeling when you see someone want it and do everything in there power to get it in the face of pretty stiff conditions physically and club wise. Great story.
He ain't slow he's my brother...
Well your brother is a bloody good player. Love how he fought it out and now getting the reward as is Carlton.

There was a mention in here some time ago that he was happy to go back to the family farm. I’m glad things have turned around since earlier last year.

Have always liked Kennedy, even before he was getting regular games. I've loved watching his progress and the way he goes about his footy.

He's definitely earned this contract and is one of our most important players. The reaction from the boys speaks volumes too.

Onwards and upwards from here Bam Bam!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded 7. Matthew Kennedy - Traded to the Western Bulldogs :((

Remove this Banner Ad

Back