774 recording of GF day

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really looking forward to listening to the ABC call when I got the DVD. Apparently both their commentators lost their voices before the end of the game and they had to get fill-ins. Would have been great.

So I assume the AFL holds the rights to ABC broadcats because they don't pay money for radio rights like commercial stations?

I was really looking forward to listening to the ABC call when I got the DVD. Apparently both their commentators lost their voices before the end of the game and they had to get fill-ins. Would have been great.

So I assume the AFL holds the rights to ABC broadcats because they don't pay money for radio rights like commercial stations?

I got no idea to be honest but I'd be very surprised if the AFL gave anything away - the ABC would have to pay something I would have thought.

I'd be keen to get this too, very keen in fact...

I taped the call on audio tape. I have lent the tape to a friend but can get it back and happy to lend it out if anyone really wants it that bad.

PS its really good!!

PM me if so desired

Converting from tape to MP3 is relatively easy. Just connect the speakers to in the input port on the sound card. Then ethere are a number of programs to capture and convert the file, such as TotalRecorder

Carfull Jimboy, Next thing you'll have 500,000 n00b'z asking about 3.5mm jacks and which dick smith to buy them from, and also male to male sounds ghay, are you taking the piss. :D

I suspect that Jim Boy will have the answer to this, but thought I'd ask more broadly incase someone else was also either asking the same question or has the answer.

Last week I managed to win a copy of the magix webradio recorder, a program which records audio from radio webcasts. I was planning on using it to record as many audio streams of the various finals as I could. I tried it out last week, recording both 774 and SEN for the Cats/Wc game. However, the SEN webcast just has a repeating message to go to the AFL website. The 774 webcast starts out OK with the pre-game, goes to the news and then cuts to music. I can only assume that they do something tricky (like changing the link each game) basically to stop people doing exactly what I want to do. Anyone know what is going on here and how to get around it?

Obviously I have looked at the AFL website, from what I can see (and it's a guess) the only way to do it would be to identify the link once the broadcast has started - a bit difficult for me to do as I intend to be at the game!

Anyway, if anyone has some ideas here I'm keen to hear them.

Carfull Jimboy, Next thing you'll have 500,000 n00b'z asking about 3.5mm jacks and which dick smith to buy them from, and also male to male sounds ghay, are you taking the piss. :D
JB knows what he is talking about...

I will probably be listening and watching it on tv.

JB knows what he is talking about...

I will probably be listening and watching it on tv.

Thanks for your input suzi.

Anyway, yeah, you wont be able to record the streams from the radio websites as they do no have the right to stream the GF. That means you have to use the AFL streams and they don't get deteremined until shortly before the match. However the AFL use the same set of four or five streams for everything, so you can set up to record as many as them as your system can handle.

Anyway, yeah, you wont be able to record the streams from the radio websites as they do no have the right to stream the GF. That means you have to use the AFL streams and they don't get deteremined until shortly before the match. However the AFL use the same set of four or five streams for everything, so you can set up to record as many as them as your system can handle.
Cheers JB. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh thanks Jim... You wouldnt happen to have the URLs would you? I will try to figure them out tomorrow but might struggle.

if you have trouble, asf files are just containers for the actual stream. IN the above example, the first item is really a link to rtsp://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/ucs-wh_afl0live9
Very handy thing to have. Thanks JB. :thumbsu:
Hey I hope that the cats have a great win tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

774 recording of GF day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back