Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed in the 2nd quarter when we were absolutely flying that he looked completely knackered, to me it didn't look like he was half assing it, but looked like something was off big time. Running upright and wincing.

Carrying something?

Pretty disappointed with his game today.

Flat knacker with ball in hand, half arsed without it sums up his game.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I might be going against the grain here but keeping Sidebottom to 7 touches and a goal in each half was a pretty good job on one of the all time greats..

Somewhere in the middle. Sidebottom had 9 possessions to 3/4 time whilst Bailey was on him. When Stephenson went off, Bailey went to half back and mahony went on the wing. Coaching wise it was shit, and released a matchup I felt we had control of.

The one thing I will say is bailey needs to go back and watch that goal Sidebottom kicked in the 2nd on repeat for the whole preseason.

Got caught ball watching, then backed back into the wrong position, and got a taught a lesson about body work. Sidebottom laces a 25-30m kick, then proceeded to follow it up, bailey works with him but **** me dead must have rocks in his head because he goes to the outside of the bloke with the footy allowing Sidebottom the inside and a cheap handball which he proceeds to run to 50 and lace the goal. Was exceptionally poor in that instance

Somewhere in the middle. Sidebottom had 9 possessions to 3/4 time whilst Bailey was on him. When Stephenson went off, Bailey went to half back and mahony went on the wing. Coaching wise it was s**t, and released a matchup I felt we had control of.

The one thing I will say is bailey needs to go back and watch that goal Sidebottom kicked in the 2nd on repeat for the whole preseason.

Got caught ball watching, then backed back into the wrong position, and got a taught a lesson about body work. Sidebottom laces a 25-30m kick, then proceeded to follow it up, bailey works with him but * me dead must have rocks in his head because he goes to the outside of the bloke with the footy allowing Sidebottom the inside and a cheap handball which he proceeds to run to 50 and lace the goal. Was exceptionally poor in that instance
So who goes to HBF for Sleevo?

Somewhere in the middle. Sidebottom had 9 possessions to 3/4 time whilst Bailey was on him. When Stephenson went off, Bailey went to half back and mahony went on the wing. Coaching wise it was s**t, and released a matchup I felt we had control of.

Got caught ball watching, then backed back into the wrong position, and got a taught a lesson about body work. Sidebottom laces a 25-30m kick, then proceeded to follow it up, bailey works with him but * me dead must have rocks in his head because he goes to the outside of the bloke with the footy allowing Sidebottom the inside and a cheap handball which he proceeds to run to 50 and lace the goal. Was exceptionally poor in that instance
Yep, couldn't believe he went boundary side on that play. Was that Sidebottoms 1st or 2nd goal?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think a lot of them should be watching that on repeat. Sometimes there's just no substitute for footy smarts.

So who goes to HBF for Sleevo?
Just an overall poor use of the substitute. Need to use someone that has more versatility than a slow paced one dimensional small forward.

Prime opportunity to blood goater, open spaces of the mcg, has the speed to handle the game at 75% complete and can play mid or back

I love Bailey Scott's work this year.

He is a great outside role player and get the feeling he will just become more and more reliable.

It's interesting as Bailey was criticised heavily in the gameday thread for his game.

Yet some think he played well (and has had a good year) hence the ^.

He certainly is polarising that's for sure.

It's interesting as Bailey was criticised heavily in the gameday thread for his game.

Yet some think he played well (and has had a good year) hence the ^.

He certainly is polarising that's for sure.
Good smart young player who runs very hard,like most of them needs better strength and conditioning. Important part of the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good smart young player who runs very hard,like most of them needs better strength and conditioning. Important part of the future.

Yeah I don't necessarily think he is that good, or also don't think he is bad as some say.

Running hard isn't enough in itself, Gibbo found that the hard way! (arguably the best runner we have ever had and we still delisted him)

Just the gameday thread suggested he was very bad with ball in hand, I do not know this and not claiming it to be correct.

I love Bailey Scott's work this year.

He is a great outside role player and get the feeling he will just become more and more reliable.
I think he has had a very good season and can be put on the small list of players that have improved this season for us .
He was clearly carrying some sort of injury yesterday. He was not his usual self but by all means he was not our worst.

Yeah I don't necessarily think he is that good, or also don't think he is bad as some say.

Running hard isn't enough in itself, Gibbo found that the hard way! (arguably the best runner we have ever had and we still delisted him)

Just the gameday thread suggested he was very bad with ball in hand, I do not know this and not claiming it to be correct.

What?

So he was bad by ball in hand, I was just told what I suggested was wrong.

Do you believe he used the ball well yesterday? (I know you are not a fan, answer honestly tZ)
Yes he was as usual it’s not surprising he is Gibbo like with the ball

He only hits target when chipping loose sideways to spares in defence

Yes he was as usual it’s not surprising he is Gibbo like with the ball

He only hits target when chipping loose sideways to spares in defence

Thanks as that was the consensus on the gameday thread.

Unlike you I maintain he might still make it, but like you I think he is very limited in ability (off the games i've seen this year, his skill level and ability to create is very poor)

You seem surprised?

He’s generally poor with the ball and misses targets
No, sorry. I didn’t know if he meant to say Gibson was a good kick and it was only on the thread the called it. Rawlings, Gibson, Atley, Macmillan, Pittard, and Jy probably our worst kicks in recent years

No, sorry. I didn’t know if he meant to say Gibson was a good kick and it was only on the thread the called it. Rawlings, Gibson, Atley, Macmillan, Pittard, and Jy probably our worst kicks in recent years

I clearly said Gibson was the best runner we may have ever had.

FFS

So he was bad by ball in hand, I was just told what I suggested was wrong.

Do you believe he used the ball well yesterday? (I know you are not a fan, answer honestly tZ)
No, that's just what the Ziebull reckons. Its not necessarily true, and its quite possible that you remember him going on and on about that during the GDT whatever BS's disposal was actually like on the day.

I don't remember him apart from that error, so I hoinestly can't say what his disposal was like but Sidebottom did very little until BS was moved to cover Sleevo. That was noticeable during the game. So Bailey deserves credit for that imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back