Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant yesterday - who goes to HBF instead of Bailey Scott when Sleevo went off the ground.
Having an out of form small forward as medi sub isnt ideal under the circumstances. A utility type that can play either end would make sense.

Goater?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having an out of form small forward as medi sub isnt ideal under the circumstances. A utility type that can play either end would make sense.

Goater?

Its Goater's first game as a sub then. I don't like that. Ford means you can push JZ down back or into the middle. But theoretically you could do that with Mahony and leave Scott on Sidebottom.

Mahony is someone I'd probably think could work as a sub, especially given our limited options, but as you say he's badly out of form.

Watching live, to be honest I noticed a few nice things from Scott but for the most part found him to be invisible. Seems to find himself out of position at times but that's also true of a couple of the other young guys (Powell, Spicer).
If he can get involved for longer periods, we'll be better for it as he's got footy smarts

Its Goater's first game as a sub then. I don't like that. Ford means you can push JZ down back or into the middle. But theoretically you could do that with Mahony and leave Scott on Sidebottom.

Mahony is someone I'd probably think could work as a sub, especially given our limited options, but as you say he's badly out of form.
Yeah, sub debuts are ****ed. I thought Goater would of gotten a run when Hall 1st went down but not to be...

Wasn’t he blanketing someone. The very definition of a positive game is not seeing the team’s or oppositions player.

This is what happened Saturday afternoon.
Scott? Yeah. He was doing a great job on Sidebottom. I mentioned I'd hardly noticed either of them all game, but that really counted with Sidebottom. He's the sort of player you notice when he isn't doing anything as well.

We're talking about who else should have replaced Sleevo so Noble could have left Scott on Sidebottom.

Watching live, to be honest I noticed a few nice things from Scott but for the most part found him to be invisible. Seems to find himself out of position at times but that's also true of a couple of the other young guys (Powell, Spicer).
If he can get involved for longer periods, we'll be better for it as he's got footy smarts
He appeared to not be 100% - probably needed to come back from injury through the 2’s or have another week off.

He appeared to not be 100% - probably needed to come back from injury through the 2’s or have another week off.
Figured as much. Scott has been a real improver this year and did some nice things on the weekend too, but something wasn't right with him.
Someone else suggested that he may have been playing a negating role, which could also have swayed my observations

I meant yesterday - who goes to HBF instead of Bailey Scott when Sleevo went off the ground.
PC. The kid is a natural footballer with a nice left peg and a little bit of toe. Sticks his tackles as often as not, and would certainly have a crack. Stick old Mahony in the goal square. If nobody goes to him, then he can push up a bit to get in the way at half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that's correct but I was trying to only use those currently on the list.

So the lot minus Comben would equate to ; Pick #1. pick #3, pick #5 and pick #8. I think? That's some top end talent right there.

A good problem for us to have.
We will have 2x Pick 1’s, Pick 3, 5 and 8.

By my gorilla math, that equates to average of Pick 3.2 for 5 inclusions.

Clarko???? Hello.

I think he can carve out a career. Will never be a world beater but you need some blue collar workers on the list. If he is our 23rd or 24th player on the list in a couple years them we are going ok.

Yep. Every competitive side needs role players like him. I thought he would've carved out more of a positional niche by now, but he is still showing enough to be persisted with. Defensively focused wingman seems to be his best go.

As I mentioned in the game day thread he just needs to add 3-4kg to his frame so that he can break a few more tackles and take this hits a little bit better.

PC. The kid is a natural footballer with a nice left peg and a little bit of toe. Sticks his tackles as often as not, and would certainly have a crack. Stick old Mahony in the goal square. If nobody goes to him, then he can push up a bit to get in the way at half forward.
Yeah, don't mind this. PC is a natural footballer all right. He's be worth a shot at half back. He's gets down there and wins the ball often enough.

Yes that's correct but I was trying to only use those currently on the list.

So the lot minus Comben would equate to ; Pick #1. pick #3, pick #5 and pick #8. I think? That's some top end talent right there.

A good problem for us to have.
LOL

We have four top ten picks not playing right now and still nearly beat Collingwood, who are one of the form sides in the comp, one game and percentage from the top of the ladder.

Oh well.

LOL

We have four top ten picks not playing right now and still nearly beat Collingwood, who are one of the form sides in the comp, one game and percentage from the top of the ladder.

Oh well.

I'm still on finals in 2024. Nothing has changed for me not to believe that won't happen. The Pies had a few out as well to be fair. But they didn't impress me much.

I'm still on finals in 2024. Nothing has changed for me not to believe that won't happen. The Pies had a few out as well to be fair. But they didn't impress me much.
Yeah they were missing a couple of good players. But so were we...

I'm still on finals in 2024 as well. Could even see us sneaking in next year if things turn quickly.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back