Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

When Bailey is getting the ball in defensive 50 and goes down the line to a contest - that type of conservative brain dead footy kills us. It neutralises play and we invite pressure.
But when hes out in the open and cracking in and using his gut run, hes truly effective.

Just a ying and yang footballer right now.

also you would not get in the way of him leaving!
I would.
He's the kind of player that plays better when those around him are pulling their weight.
Now everything (fingers crossed) is starting to click, he will be that journeyman type player that every team needs. Won't cost a million bucks, and if he can work back to his best of a year or two ago, he could be a damaging weapon.

Right near the end this bag of bones cracked in like he was built like Zurhaar and he was clean with the ball.
This kid had heart and runs all day - an important player for the side
Quickly kicked the ball forward, then fed the hard ball out, that led to Curtis’ match winner!! Was awesome in the 4th quarter

Out for fisher

Kerch to take his wing
I swear Nostradamus is either a 12 year old boy or a 83 year old bloke with some issues as (most) of his posts… wtf?!
By gee , I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions here on this forum but FFS half the time I read his 💩 & think “na , don’t reply cos surely he’s taking the pi55 “ but then I wait for a punchline of some sort & nothing….
This crap about now dropping Bailey Scott & keep asking for back yard suburban footballer Finbar has to stop & is ridiculous.
One is a crucial work horse in our team that in the last 6-8 weeks has done nothing to warrant losing his spot in the team & the other Finbar by even his own admission is no where near or may never be AFL ready … I think he’s even asking for 🐱 Sleevo to come back 🤦‍♂️

^lol I swear people like RossHenshaw are either blind or prefer gut runners over actual talent

Bailey is a limited player who cannot use the ball

Good trade bait at years end tho
Let it go, everyone knows your thoughts, Bailey was very good in the last quarter.
You say Bailey is very limited some on here say maybe you are very limited in your opinions

^lol I swear people like RossHenshaw are either blind or prefer gut runners over actual talent

Limited like Langdon at dees, markov at pies , macintosh at tigers - even flag teams have limited players.
You come across as a newbie to the game

Haven’t been a massive Bailey supporter and even suggested Stephens was way better.

But his last quarter today winning crucial contested ball as well as always keeping his width and providing run both ways - I’m hearing more and more the Clarko words of wait til this group plays together for longer.

He’s one we need to keep.

How often he provides the outlet or assistance in defence.

I don't see Stephen's doing that defensive running. He goes to the last dangerous empty space on purpose. Watch him at games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right near the end this bag of bones cracked in like he was built like Zurhaar and he was clean with the ball.
This kid had heart and runs all day - an important player for the side
His issue is that if he's given to much time to think, he gets himself confused on what to do next..

When Bailey is getting the ball in defensive 50 and goes down the line to a contest - that type of conservative brain dead footy kills us. It neutralises play and we invite pressure.
But when hes out in the open and cracking in and using his gut run, hes truly effective.

Just a ying and yang footballer right now.
His long (not that long) kicks to the defensive side of the wing are absolute momentum killers.

We need his run but his kicking is a liability. He refuses to kick short to open players more often than not now. He’s our last upgrade if we are ever able to have a team that strong.

I agree with your assessment of Bailey, N. However, it’s the circumspection that is lacking in your analysis, in my opinion. The team you would pick would do some really pretty and exciting things. However when the pressure really comes on they’d get outlasted and blown away. Ultimately, it’s all about balance. If and when Bailey eventually gets replaced, it will be by somebody who is more skilful + has to have Bailey’s stamina and intensity. That may end up being Goater, Bergman, Hardeman or even Brayden in the future.

BTW, if he’s as limited as you suggest, I reckon he’s not great trade bait at all.

I agree with your assessment of Bailey, N. However, it’s the circumspection that is lacking in your analysis, in my opinion. The team you would pick would do some really pretty and exciting things. However when the pressure really comes on they’d get outlasted and blown away. Ultimately, it’s all about balance. If and when Bailey eventually gets replaced, it will be by somebody who is more skilful + has to have Bailey’s stamina and intensity. That may end up being Goater, Bergman, Hardeman or even Brayden in the future.

BTW, if he’s as limited as you suggest, I reckon he’s not great trade bait at all.
analysis! its far from analysis when your verdict is already made up, the correct definition is indoctrination.

Granted he is no cunnington, or sheezel for that matter but when he plays withing his capabilities his usage is fair, has a huge tank and the squibbing calls from some on here whist overlooking sleevos are comical. that 1 on 1 contest against anderson late in the game was huge and without a 1 on 1 win there we lose the game, no less important than sheezel gtting a hand to the other defensive play forcing a turnover. plain and simple, fwiw iam not sure he will be part of a top 4 best 22 especially a dominant one like the hawks and brisbane triple flag teams but he is so far from being outside our current best 22 its moot at present.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back