Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

00Stinger probably still does. 😝
I'm softening my stance on that a little bit

He still worries me a bit with his brain farts, but not as much as he did. Would still like him to be able to play as a lockdown defender as well.

But I reckon his pros outweigh the few little issues I have

Is it possible that we overpaid slightly at the time but it’s now obvious that he was worth it? 🤷‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Personally think we overpaid to an extent and it has taken 3 years for him to reach the level we expected when he first arrived ACL not withstanding, but I was still happy to get him. I also think he was very poorly used at times, he isn’t a key defender he is a tall halfback. His roll this year suits him perfectly and he along with Salem are our 2 most important defenders at the moment.

Personally think we overpaid to an extent and it has taken 3 years for him to reach the level we expected when he first arrived ACL not withstanding, but I was still happy to get him. I also think he was very poorly used at times, he isn’t a key defender he is a tall halfback. His roll this year suits him perfectly and he along with Salem are our 2 most important defenders at the moment.
Well we didn't have a choice, he had Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost as cover, 2 protien farts for defenders.

Getting May in and in form and then finding the 3rd in Petty/Tomlinson is exactly what we needed.

Having issues with Lever not being a one on one defender is like having issues with Langdon not being an inside mid.

Well we didn't have a choice, he had Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost as cover, 2 protien farts for defenders.

Getting May in and in form and then finding the 3rd in Petty/Tomlinson is exactly what we needed.

Having issues with Lever not being a one on one defender is like having issues with Langdon not being an inside mid.
That Frosty hate is why u get suspended.

You’re back, you have been missed champion, not sure anything you have posted here was in any way relevant to what I said but hey it’s good to see you haven’t changed while you’ve been away

OTC had a graphic saying he has something like 12 intercept possessions a game which if kept up would be the highest average in a season.

Be interesting if teams put a hard forward tag on him and how we would work through it. He is pretty dynamic and intercepts all over the ground, it would be a difficult job.

OTC had a graphic saying he has something like 12 intercept possessions a game which if kept up would be the highest average in a season.

Be interesting if teams put a hard forward tag on him and how we would work through it. He is pretty dynamic and intercepts all over the ground, it would be a difficult job.
Tough player to tag i reckon, something i've noticed is that he has got his pace back that he had at Adelaide. He's actually really quick and you combine that with his ability to read the ball and his vertical ability he's tough for any match-up.

Absolutely love his kicking out of defense too. Has really tidied that up over the last few years (and now has consistent structure ahead of the ball to kick to). Hit some lovely 50-60m kicks to players on the move that broke the game open.

Feels like Jared Rivers had to die for the sins of the Dees board for people to understand Lever's value. Was a ****ing gun defender who got shat on here because every now and then a tall guy would outmark him.

Feels like Jared Rivers had to die for the sins of the Dees board for people to understand Lever's value. Was a ******* gun defender who got shat on here because every now and then a tall guy would outmark him.
Still get haunted by him having to man Cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like Jared Rivers had to die for the sins of the Dees board for people to understand Lever's value. Was a ******* gun defender who got shat on here because every now and then a tall guy would outmark him.

I don't seem to remember people hating on Rivers but it's a great story nonetheless.

I don't seem to remember people hating on Rivers but it's a great story nonetheless.
Was tons of it. David Hale once kicked two goals and there were pitchforks.

Perfect illustration. Rivers beat Cloke for years then one game our shitbox mids turned the ball over a million and he kicks six largely on kicks over Rivers' head.

This is all mildly off topic but I will forever defend our defenders over all those years when our team sucked and they had to deal with the shit sandwich. All except Tom Gillies anyway, **** that guy was shit.

Perfect illustration. Rivers beat Cloke for years then one game our shitbox mids turned the ball over a million and he kicks six largely on kicks over Rivers' head.

This is all mildly off topic but I will forever defend our defenders over all those years when our team sucked and they had to deal with the sh*t sandwich. All except Tom Gillies anyway, fu** that guy was sh*t.
1622516514029.jpeg

Should be AA this year but no posts in his thread for two and half months. Just turns up every week, kicks some ass, then moves into the next game.
There is a lot of captain material in this guy, just can’t deny it. We are travelling well with Gawn, and he may be great but I think Lever is so obvious in his leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back