Preview Changes/Preview - Round 8 v. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Headless

At Harvest Snaps, we love legumes.
May 27, 2006
🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
AFL Club
Melbourne
A strong performance from us against North. Not too many weak links, and a lot of contributors.

We have Gold Coast away on Saturday, in the 4.35pm slot. I assume Spargo will be available. Hibberd was getting some ice after being subbed but I'm not aware of any injury.

Thoughts? What changes do we make if any? McDonald? Brown?

Goody said Petty and Spargo were likely good to go.

Id therefore go with:

Petty and Spargo in, Schache and Jordon out.

I wouldn't be against resting a sore body or two if needed, although the Suns up there are no easy beats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Goody said Petty and Spargo were likely good to go.

Id therefore go with:

Petty and Spargo in, Schache and Jordon out.

I wouldn't be against resting a sore body or two if needed, although the Suns up there are no easy beats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Forgot Petty somehow. You'd think Petty would be straight back in for Schache, yeah.

Forgot Petty somehow. You'd think Petty would be straight back in for Schache, yeah.
Yep. I love the way Schache moves. His skills are very very good for a guy his size. But he's pretty much useless in the air and lacks any mongrel about him. Petty gives a contest and runs all day. Spargo comes in for JJ I reckon. I like his defensive running and the 1%ers he does, but Spargo brings something to the table we don't have much of.

In - Spargo/Petty
Out - Schache/JJ

I actually like Harmes as sub. Thought he provided a spark when he came on and is very versatile. Leave him in as sub.

Schache had multiple cracks at marking the ball with little pressure on him directly and fumbled it, I didn't have high expectations but first time really watching him and his lack of physicality is Weideman-esque (But at least hes a better ball user).

Petty for Schache

Not fussed if they swap Jordon for Harmes or Spargo but don’t think it’s an urgent change.

If Turner plays well today I’d think about giving Hibberd a rest. Think we still need to find a bit more defensively without Petty back there and playing well.

Probably Petty for Schache. Spargo isn't a walk-up start after having one possession to half-time in his last game.

Also wondering if McVee (as much as I love him) might need a rest at some point. Has been a little off recently, though I still prefer him to the alternatives, so maybe just let him play through it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 days…that’s a good point he might technically miss two
If that's the case, just give Schache one more crack then IMO. Lord knows BBB and T-Mac have had plenty

Bit Confused WRT Petty, is his window 12 days or 2 weeks?

Dont even know when he got concussion, was it Monday? he played out the whole game, or was it at training?

Hed have to be short odds. Last in and no one else in the front half is struggling that's under 6'3

Id drop Sparrow over JJ at this stage, wont happen tho.

Feel Sparrow's lifted the last couple of weeks. Been more involved and actually doing things. JJ a bit quieter.

Both treading water a bit.

I think JJ's run thru the midfield provides a better point of difference than Sparrow. Better for team balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back