Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH I'm still not getting why there's so much hoopla about his contract when he still has next year to go on it.

I'll take it as a compliment as to how good he is I suppose.
It occurred to me today that if he signed a two year extension tomorrow, that would buy about 6 weeks of calm before certain people would return to shitting their pants over the chances of him leaving at the end of 2027

TBH I'm still not getting why there's so much hoopla about his contract when he still has next year to go on it.

I'll take it as a compliment as to how good he is I suppose.
I think it’s because those other guys all re-signed, McCluggage and co? And as the names become more scarce they’re obviously running out of time to assign one of these names to Bard and give him a massive ego stroke about how he was able to lure players to his dynasty in the making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a little rant for the flogs who were whining earlier in the year about X not hitting the ball to Luke enough, or Luke's team mates not blocking for him enough.

We won on the weekend despite Luke being tagged by Sheed and only having 3 clearances himself (half his average this year). X didn't often hit the ball to Luke, and Luke blocked for his teammates far more than the other way around. Wardlaw had 10 clearances, X 9, and Jy 5; but Luke's selflessness was a big part of our dominance here. When he cops a tag, that is how we win. And the more this happens, the less he will get tagged.

I reckon that settles it for the rest of the season. No need to discuss any further.

Anything that you hear is rumours or smoke screens. He's making his decision next year.

I reckon if we start winning and have a good trade week then he's 95% staying. If we lose out and don't get better then he might be more 50/50.

Even more than the parts about loving the club and wanting to see it get better, and the part about not thinking about contracts yet and focusing on his footy, I enjoyed hearing him say his manager and the club will sort it out next year. That was more than he needed to say and more than guys who are considering leaving say.

I've heard that same sentence from every player that is leaving Lol

Devo are punk silly
That's a little insulting.

Devo (/ˈdiːvoʊ/, originally /diːˈvoʊ/),[9] often stylized as DEVO, is an American new wave band from Akron, Ohio, formed in 1973. Their classic line-up consisted of two sets of brothers, the Mothersbaughs (Mark and Bob) and the Casales (Gerald and Bob), along with Alan Myers. The band had a No. 14 Billboard chart hit in 1980 with the single "Whip It", the song that gave the band mainstream popularity.
The members of Devo had too much talent and they were considered too experimental and "Arty" to be called Punk.

I know its hard to read into what players say when talking about contracts and trades/staying etc but that interview seemed really genuine and very promising. Gives me alot more hope and confidence. I love LDU and would be really sad and disappointed if we lost him, it would be an absolute heartbreaker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back