Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

What signs are you seeing?
Bad Luck GIF by Travis

You’ve settled my over anxious nerves!

Everyone keeps referring to him as a caged lion after ‘that footage of him on the bench’. I went back and looked at it after Buckley mentioned it, and just as I saw on game day. There’s LDU standing there just with his hands on his hips, pretty casual actually 😂
Give a guy some poetic licence for pity’s sake!

signs that says he won't stay unless we dramatically improve...highly unlikely.
The same signs say no such thing.

You’ve put 2 and 2 together and come up with 69.

You need to get off this demented high horse you’re on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Success and not money will be the key factors...

Clearly stated. We need to play finals to keep zurhaar and uniacke and of course we won't for a few more years...
In regards to LDU, this is what clarko said.

“We need to work our way through that – we’ve got Cam Zurhaar out this year in terms of free agency, we’ve got LDU out at the end of next year.

“We’ll be doing everything we can, just like we did with Ben (McKay), to try to get them to stay, but if they choose to go, that’s the (AFLPA) brief, that they’re given that liberty to explore another club and the opportunity after their seventh or eighth season.”

I know Zurhaar has spoken about playing finals, and has put it on the results of the team. Not LDU though. Don't make it up if you don't know.

TBH I'm still not getting why there's so much hoopla about his contract when he still has next year to go on it.

I'll take it as a compliment as to how good he is I suppose.
As I mentioned earlier, one shit truck of a journo said he’d put contract talks on hold, when they weren’t happening to begin with…

Even more than the parts about loving the club and wanting to see it get better, and the part about not thinking about contracts yet and focusing on his footy, I enjoyed hearing him say his manager and the club will sort it out next year. That was more than he needed to say and more than guys who are considering leaving say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back