Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Crippa. Totally deserved a shining light in a gloomy season.

I can see the motivational poster already.

“Lead by example” picture of Crippa All-Australian pumping the fists.

Will replace the Judd Fearless leader wallpaper on my iPad.

Brownlow next stop?

Applied himself as a true professional to build his body and his fitness to an immense level. You could be he works a lot harder than most and that's why he's strong in the body, strong runner and so durable. Well deserved. Message goes out to all the other players who bulge or are happy just meeting their requirements. Do what Cripps does and push to go further, bigger, stronger, harder running.

Can he get better? or is this his peak??

Id be happy if he stayed this good...but gee i get the feeling he can go to yet another level.

Just think he’s carrying an entire team in most games. Imagine when he gets some decent support, it’ll free him up to be even more damaging.

Is he the pick of the 2013 crop? Kelly and Bontempelli the only ones close surely.

Great reward for such a tough season for him. I think he's only going to get better next year and become even more damaging up forward.

Just had a little read over the first couple pages of this thread and its quite interesting to see the views of everyone back then. Most people were quite bullish and there was a few who thought we should've picked McCarthy. Much happier with Crippa to be honest

Congratulations to :blueheart: Patrick :blueheart: on an outstanding season.

Well deserved and never in doubt!

DlwyQQPVAAERPnn

CrippsAAAug29.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's annoying as a Melbourne supporter that we have a bloke called Oliver who is a clearance animal with beautiful hands and even better vision who just made his first AA at 21 and should be a once in a generation player yet this prick from Carlton takes half his air time!

Cripps is a superstar though, if there's one player outside Oliver I'd build a midfield around for the next decade it's Cripps who's undoubtedly as good and arguably better than Oliver. Also noticed Cripps standing next to Gawn at the AA and he could genuinely ruck against him, what a freak and having lived through Melbourne's shittest era with only Nathan Jones really putting up a fight it'll bring a tear to your eye when Crippa leads you back to September as captain.

It's annoying as a Melbourne supporter that we have a bloke called Oliver who is a clearance animal with beautiful hands and even better vision who just made his first AA at 21 and should be a once in a generation player yet this prick from Carlton takes half his air time!

Cripps is a superstar though, if there's one player outside Oliver I'd build a midfield around for the next decade it's Cripps who's undoubtedly as good and arguably better than Oliver. Also noticed Cripps standing next to Gawn at the AA and he could genuinely ruck against him, what a freak and having lived through Melbourne's shittest era with only Nathan Jones really putting up a fight it'll bring a tear to your eye when Crippa leads you back to September as captain.

Excuse me! :rage:

Can he get better? or is this his peak??

Id be happy if he stayed this good...but gee i get the feeling he can go to yet another level.
I don't see how he could possibly improve as a midfielder, he is so good at the moment I couldn't even imagine another level.

He could definitely improve as a forward though and I could see him being like Danger or Dusty and being able to kick 2-3 quick goals and swing the momentum of a game,

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back