A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

AUFC's squad this year is an extreme improvement from last year, rest of the league take notice I think.

Burns, Djite, Petta, Cassio, Spagnaulo, Agostino provide us with some awesome firepower.

We are looking better down back by getting rid of Van Dommele and throwing in Jonas Salley etc.

We are guns.

IMO everyones squad has improved but Adelaide and Melbourne look to be the strongest, also Sydney if Juninho fires. The season should be pretty even with most sides battling for a top 4 birth but of course its very early days yet.

Allsopp has re-signed until 2010 good news

Hail the great man, looking forward to another double digit goal season (won $100 after i bet a mate he would hit 9+ last year)

Also glad i dont have to change the name on my shirt for another couple of years:D:thumbsu:

In conclusion. Allsopp = GOD.

Hail the great man, looking forward to another double digit goal season (won $100 after i bet a mate he would hit 9+ last year)

Also glad i dont have to change the name on my shirt for another couple of years:D:thumbsu:

In conclusion. Allsopp = GOD.
Look forward to Cassio beating him to the Golden Boot :D

Melbourne Victory has signed Qantas Young Socceroos Captain Sebastian Ryall for two years, with the promising defender joining from the Australian Institute of Sport after a successful trial.

Ryall, 18, lead the Qantas Young Socceroos to recent wins over Korea Republic, Iran and Uzbekistan at the Weifang Cup and represented the Qantas Under 23s in an international match against China earlier this year.

Victory Coach Ernie Merrick said the club had been watching Ryall’s progress over the past 12 months and was impressed with his maturity and performances for the AIS in the Foxtel Cup.

“We like his leadership skills, he’s physically well built and he’s technically a very gifted young player who has been a performer for the AIS and the Qantas Young Socceroos,” Merrick said.

“He recently played in a tournament in China for the Australian Under 20 team and he was one of the only players to play four full games in the heat and humidity. That’s the type of toughness that we like.

“He’s the type of character that we try to attract. He’s always performed above his age group and he’s a stand out player in the Foxtel Cup.“

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/default.aspx?s=mvfc_newsdisplay&id=18996

Good to see another young guy get a roster spot with 1 of the bigger teams. Is the Victory's roster full now or is there another spot left ???

Perth Glory have let goalkeeper Aleks Vrteski leave the club for the 19 year old to seek first team football overseas.

Vrteski joined Perth Glory from the Australian Institute of Sport before the start of the Hyundai A-League 2006/07 season and was thrust into action from round one.

He played a total of eight matches in his first season and was the youngest player in the competition when he made his debut.

Coach Ron Smith said it was a difficult decision to let the talented youngster go but did so in the best interests of the player.

“Aleks has a lot of potential and he felt he could progress more quickly if he was getting regular first team football,” Smith said.

“He would have definitely played a role for us at various stages throughout the season.

But he added: "We are in a fortunate position to have a number of talented keepers and it’s difficult for them all to get significant game time, so I understand his position.

“The door will always be open for him to return to the club in the future. I wish him all the best as he follows another path.”

Vrteski left for Macedonia on Wednesday evening and is hopeful of signing with first division club FK Pobeda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcastle have signed Stephen Laybutt. He'll be handy at this level.

WTF players can do that in FM?

Yeah when I was NZ manager, Glen Moss knocked me back after a keeper got injured because I hadn't picked him in the original squad.

I'd forgotten to include him. :eek:

Yeah when I was NZ manager, Glen Moss knocked me back after a keeper got injured because I hadn't picked him in the original squad.

I'd forgotten to include him. :eek:

Yeah exactly what happened to me, I just forgot about him, forgot about Vinnie Grella and Bresciano too, called them in and they were cool

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back