A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Email I got from the club:

Dear member,

Newcastle Jets can advise that the Club has parted ways with Head Coach Scott Miller, effective immediately.

The Club’s ownership and senior management made the decision on Wednesday morning based on differences related to football matters within the Club.

Since the decision was made Newcastle Jets Chief Executive Officer Mr Lawrie McKinna has met with Miller to discuss his departure from the Club.

“We acknowledge that the timing of this decision is far from ideal given the close proximity of next Hyundai A-League season,” McKinna said.

“But once the decision was made to move in a different direction regarding the Head Coach role we deemed it to be in everyone’s best interests to act quickly.

“I met with Scott this morning to inform him of the decision and discuss it.

“We thank Scott for the work he has done at the Club since being appointed by Football Federation Australia (FFA) last year and wish him well in his next position,” McKinna concluded.

McKinna has sought to notify all Club players and staff today.

No timeframe has been set for the appointment of a new Head Coach at Newcastle Jets.

The Newcastle Jets first team squad will return to training on Friday in preparation for Sunday’s friendly with Edgeworth FC at Jack McLaughlan Oval.

Saw that. They're obviously jealous of the Mariners being a massive **** up and wanted to join them.

Maybe Lawrie McKinna wants the role for himself? :p

Chinese coach or it's time for Rudan to finally make the step up although he might be waiting for Arnold to go from Sydney FC whenever that'll happen. Ex Assistant Papas has been doing well at Green Gully too.

This unprofessionalism is a blight on the league. At least with the Mariners you could point to the FFA Cup result as the catalyst. There doesn't seem to be a catalyst here other than McKinna/the Board apparently deciding to pull their thumbs out of their arses and actually speak to Miller months after the Chinese takeover.

Newcastle are notorious for it.
Who could ever forget Tinkler sacking Branko Culina while he was at the leagues season launch.

:D Ha.

Of course! Heady days for the A-League with Tinkler and Palmer thinking they were technical directors!

McKinna saying the decision was made by people above him...

Reading on social media, lots of fans are pretty unhappy with the decision as Miller was young and doing an alright job given the circumstances.

Well there goes my optimism yet again for a decent season. Sigh.

McKinna saying the decision was made by people above him...

Reading on social media, lots of fans are pretty unhappy with the decision as Miller was young and doing an alright job given the circumstances.

Well there goes my optimism yet again for a decent season. Sigh.

Hearing rumors there was a bust up between Miller and new assistant Luc Trani and the players sighted with Trani, if that's true Miller must have f@cked up major big for the club to sack him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Email I got from the club:

Dear member,

Newcastle Jets can advise that the Club has parted ways with Head Coach Scott Miller, effective immediately.

The Club’s ownership and senior management made the decision on Wednesday morning based on differences related to football matters within the Club.

Since the decision was made Newcastle Jets Chief Executive Officer Mr Lawrie McKinna has met with Miller to discuss his departure from the Club.

“We acknowledge that the timing of this decision is far from ideal given the close proximity of next Hyundai A-League season,” McKinna said.

“But once the decision was made to move in a different direction regarding the Head Coach role we deemed it to be in everyone’s best interests to act quickly.

“I met with Scott this morning to inform him of the decision and discuss it.

“We thank Scott for the work he has done at the Club since being appointed by Football Federation Australia (FFA) last year and wish him well in his next position,” McKinna concluded.

McKinna has sought to notify all Club players and staff today.

No timeframe has been set for the appointment of a new Head Coach at Newcastle Jets.

The Newcastle Jets first team squad will return to training on Friday in preparation for Sunday’s friendly with Edgeworth FC at Jack McLaughlan Oval.

Why didn't they do it 5 months ago? :drunk:

Why didn't they do it 5 months ago? :drunk:
Because the Ledman Group (who most likely gave the orders for the sacking) have only owned the Jets for 3 months. Miller hasn't been doing what the owners want (i.e. refusing to sign a Chinese player/ taking 3 u20s players on the Chinese tour instead of 3 senior squad members) so they've given him the arse.

Because the Ledman Group (who most likely gave the orders for the sacking) have only owned the Jets for 3 months. Miller hasn't been doing what the owners want (i.e. refusing to sign a Chinese player/ taking 3 u20s players on the Chinese tour instead of 3 senior squad members) so they've given him the arse.

So the Coach has to be a lapdog to the Chinese?

Good luck whoever gets the job then being hamstrung like that, unless of course they bring in a Chinese coach which would be utter stupidity.

So the Coach has to be a lapdog to the Chinese?

Good luck whoever gets the job then being hamstrung like that, unless of course they bring in a Chinese coach which would be utter stupidity.
As I said our our owners are crazy.

We already have a Chinese assistant coach (who most likely stabbed Miller in the back along with our other assistant Luciano Trani) so a Chinese coach isn't actually that much of a stretch.

The below I've taken from the Newcastle Jets forum and it's the best description I can find for what has transpired (credit to the original author: evanhayes5)

From what I have heard from my sources at the club, and from talking with others with knowledge this is what occurred on the china trip leading up to todays decision, whether this is true Im not sure, this is what I have been told from my sources. McKinna had no control over this decision, wouldnt be surprised to see him walk in the coming days.

- Scott was not present for the start of the china trip, only arrived an hour prior to the first match to meet with the group
- Luciano was not happy that everything was dumped on him regarding preparation for this match
- Luciano throughout the trip had bad mouthed Scott behind his back to other staff members, (perhaps one of the staff went back to Scott with this info?)
- Second game I am to believe there was a mishap regarding the team sheet, hence why at one stage just after half time we were down to 10 and the asian team scored, I remember reading on Lawrie's twitter or instagram about a player being sent off, with no red card shown. (From previous experience filling out the team sheet is something an assistant or team manager does)
- Luciano is told after this match that he is no longer required on the trip, subsequently he returns back to australia.

Thats all I know from what I been told, now the rest is just pure speculation from me as to what occurred afterwards.

- Trani returns back to Australia, and goes to higher ups (Ledman Group??? Board?) with his side of the story regarding what happened, Scott doesnt seem like the sort of person to hold back so he probably tore Trani a new one for not checking team sheet properly (imagine if that had occurred in an A League match)
- Trani not happy he got mugged of by someone younger than him and someone he considers to have less experience
- Whether or not Trani told the whole truth or added something extra to make Scott look bad remains to be known
- Trani is close mates with new Chinese assistant coach, where as Scott wasnt. This Chinese coach obvs has very good connections with Ledman Group guessing Trani used this to his advantage.
- perhaps the china man wasnt happy with the way Scott treated him, only adding fuel to the fire

- Not sure whether Scott was given a chance to explain his side of the story, i feel the ultimatum thing might be correct or ledman have just backed Trani over Scott.

Im sure stuff regarding the treatment of Cooper, Brennan and Pavicevic , along with the reluctancy to give Ma Lei Lei more minutes also contributed to Scotts dismissal.

From putting all the pieces together seems Trani has knifed Scott in the back because he was sent home, now he actually might end up with a head coaching role, something which he has never had before in the A-league, maybe this why he has joined the jets, cause he knew this was the quickest route to him getting a head gig.

he was so annoying, glad his gone.

Haha, what did you find annoying about him faith? Anything in particular?

As I said our our owners are crazy.

We already have a Chinese assistant coach (who most likely stabbed Miller in the back along with our other assistant Luciano Trani) so a Chinese coach isn't actually that much of a stretch.

The below I've taken from the Newcastle Jets forum and it's the best description I can find for what has transpired (credit to the original author: evanhayes5)

I had heard some bits and pieces from the trip but that forum post was really good in helping link them all together about what might have happened.

Either way, really pops any bubbles of excitement for not only the new season but the new era under their ownership.

Not sure who're going to get - McKinna seemed to hint a local might be given the job but sacking a promising young Aussie coach for someone else seems a bit redundant. Hope Trani doesn't get it - sounds like a nasty piece of work.

P.S Cool to see another Jets fan on the boards haha.

Haha, what did you find annoying about him faith? Anything in particular?

I had heard some bits and pieces from the trip but that forum post was really good in helping link them all together about what might have happened.

Either way, really pops any bubbles of excitement for not only the new season but the new era under their ownership.

Not sure who're going to get - McKinna seemed to hint a local might be given the job but sacking a promising young Aussie coach for someone else seems a bit redundant. Hope Trani doesn't get it - sounds like a nasty piece of work.

P.S Cool to see another Jets fan on the boards haha.
Gatt suggesting Trani has been terminated. Couldn't make this shit up.

use to watch his pressers and came across as a know it all. the guy was basically a fitness instructor turned rookie coach.

Haha fair enough!

Trani also sacked!

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/art...aves-newcastle-jets/g0bdp31nggkt1d7xfoyum6wdj

lol the Jet make Richmond look like a stable club, what a shambles!

When you support both clubs (and the Toon in the UK). :p

hqdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back