A new Dank interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
people lie, and sociopaths are pathological liars.

I dont think it would be his worst nightmare, his ego would be indulged, and would relish the higher pulpit, and still proclaim innocence before during and after no matter the finding, and in inimitable words of KEvin Rudd, i am the smartest guy in the room. even if the room is with oppenheimer
See, grammar didn't kill you now did it?

He also has said that TB4 shouldn't be banned. Why don't you ask those guys on your boards why he is never asked point blank if he gave TB4 or not? I would assume it is a condition that he has placed for granting the interview. After all, isn't that what the tribunal is about?
not my point. People seem to believe Dank when he says he left complete records at the club yet call him liar on everything else. He's a massive liar, not a single word he says can be believed

Last edited:
Most interesting part was Dank being asked about off label substances - Dank replied that all substances had regulatory approval somewhere in the world - Which brings me to my hobby horse - WADA approving substances if they have regulatory approval in one country - This could create a world of pain.
Local laws take precedent.

he's trying to save at least a shred of his ruined reputation, and basically doing the complete opposite in the process. The BS meter just goes off the scale whenever he utters a word
On the basis of the interview, how well do think he has gone on salvaging some of his reputation. My mark out of 10 is "0"

Mxett,
There are three possible outcomes
  1. Not guilty
  2. Guilty but limited suspensions e.g. 3 real AFL rounds or so
  3. You're f#$^d
If 1 or 2 then expect ASADA and WADA to appeal
If 1 or 2 or 3 expect Workcover and possible DHHS to start working your team over
If 1 or 2 or 3 expect expect further litigation from a number of parties over time

Whichever path you select, Dank has a number of reasons to keep Essendon and James towing his line. If the players get done then it will be lawyer central at the Flower Drum with parties suing each other left right and center. This is quarter time in this saga Mxett, and I humbly suggest you rehydrate and get your nodoze ready for the second quarter.
As I said, if players get off Dank has no reason to hold Essendon to ransom with further information. If they do get bans anything additional Dank offers will only confirm ASADA's case but the players will already be punished so it wont mean shit

On the basis of the interview, how well do think he has gone on salvaging some of his reputation. My mark out of 10 is "0"
Obliviously the legal piggy bank must be empty. I can't see any legal advice supporting his desire or need for his on air assertions.

I think Dank is telling the truth, there were in fact records.
Of course the problem was/is they show TB4 was injected into players

So the only course of action was to get rid of them and claim they didn't exist
This is most likely 100% what happened. Essendon need to be heavily sanctioned for trying to cover this up, it should be a crime.

Interesting to see two people with pharmacological backgrounds ( John and Steven ) having a full and frank discussion. It was a learning experience.
and nary a official qualification between the two

But why would he say anything at all? Not buying "the sound of his own voice" argument - never like him previously.

It is kind of like Lance Uppercut argument, in which he was correct re Charter and Alavi appearing at the tribunal - why would they do so when there is nothing at all in it for them? There wasn't and they didn't.

Same, same. Whats in it for Dank to speak now. The only meaningful bit that I could find in there was the "six or seven people" comment.

Had never heard a number before. Taking out the obvious candidates, it leaves a few vacancies. If true, there are a couple of people high up in the EFC food chain who are squirming a bit today.

Maybe it is total BS but, again, why poke the possum?
His reputation. Warning that he intends to take legal action. Warning those at the EFC who knew to keep quiet or else.

I think Dank is telling the truth, there were in fact records.
Of course the problem was/is they show TB4 was injected into players

So the only course of action was to get rid of them and claim they didn't exist
there's a hole in this theory. If Dank believed TB4 wasnt banned up until April 2013, as can be seen by his admission to McKenzie that he used TB4, why would the club or Dank have destroyed records they believed didnt show banned substances including TB4? ASADA began investigating in February so records prior to April would already have been collected.

I think the most likely reason there arent complete records is because Dank didnt keep complete records

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if they knew what was happening.
Even if "they knew what was happening".

The club set the program up, the club administered it. Players may well have been fully aware, but I wouldn't thought it would stop them trying to claw back some value out of their fore shortened careers.

there's a hole in this theory. If Dank believed TB4 wasnt banned up until April 2013, as can be seen by his admission to McKenzie that he used TB4, why would the club or Dank have destroyed records they believed didnt show banned substances including TB4? ASADA began investigating in February so records prior to April would already have been collected.

I think the most likely reason there arent complete records is because Dank didnt keep complete records
Records that are 99% complete are worse than records half complete.

I've come accrossa few shifty ferkers in my time. Two things I learnt is never trust a bloke who starts every second sentence with "to be honest..." and every third sentence with the other person's name.

"Look John, to be honest, we never gave the players performance enhancing drugs it was all about tissue repair...

How Albert got scammed by this clown is unfathomable. I now understand how Alberts QC conned him into two unwinable and expensive court appeals. He's must be totally green and a sucker for a fast talking 'expert'.
#whateverittakes

Indeed. As I said in an earlier post, would love to know who the other three or four EFC folk are who were fully up to speed on the program.
The people named in the original charge sheet?

wonder how he will sleep at night if 34 players get a season or two ban as a direct result of his refusal to be part of a 'kangaroo court'. Seems a very harsh penalty to pay for Dank's 'issues' with the AFL and ASADA's process

Wonder how he might sleep if the players get '2 weeks' (which would be 6 months backdated or close enough) though...

Interesting, I've always thought there's a lot of stuff from Dank worth listening to. Unfortunately, it's the hyperbolic shit mixed in with the "I'm the best I know everything ASADA don't" that makes you just think WTF how did Hird ever trust this guy...bit of both in that interview

Post was wonderful. :D:D

The other thing is how AFL and ASADA are apparently ignoring all records. Surely EFC, who have leaked enough, can get this over and done with (for the players sake) with all these records that prove it was above board?

Like I said above, Dank has a lot to say, some is good some is absolute Bomberblitz trash.

Wonder how he might sleep if the players get '2 weeks' (which would be 6 months backdated or close enough) though...

Interesting, I've always thought there's a lot of stuff from Dank worth listening to. Unfortunately, it's the hyperbolic shit mixed in with the "I'm the best I know everything ASADA don't" that makes you just think WTF how did Hird ever trust this guy...bit of both in that interview
he'll still be banned for life if players get off lightly

This is most likely 100% what happened. Essendon need to be heavily sanctioned for trying to cover this up, it should be a crime.
Destroying company records is a crime....serious one at that and given the monies spent of litigation, even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back