A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a cracker at Scotch tomorrow, Grand Final preview.

Who cares about the other games although I will go out on a limb and say that Brighton will struggle this year with their recruits from a club in Caulfield with a losing culture and Gerta is over the hills and far away, teletubbies come to play.

Back to B section for you parrot!

Brian grand final preview is a Big call for someone with little credit- scotch will struggle to avoid relegation without Byrne and St Bedes are peckish pussycats not the hungry tigers.
Its just lucky OEG are rubbish.

Brian grand final preview is a Big call for someone with little credit- scotch will struggle to avoid relegation without Byrne and St Bedes are peckish pussycats not the hungry tigers.

What an absolute MUPPETT.Joins Bigfooty today, then sledges a well rounded commentator like Brian.Also notice on dave's profile. "No Friends" Thats probably the extent of your life.All are welcome, but add something, you waste of space.

DKP you are a joke, i hope you never post again.
The most important games today are OI vs OX and Dela vs Uni, we can see just were these clubs are at.

OS to fight relegation? very funny

Some good news for OS, Byrne will miss 8-10 weeks with his knee.
This week for OS no Byrne, Brennen, Brown. It wont matter because the OS boys dont loose to the bogans and I will look forward to Saturday when we repeat what happened last year on ANZAC day.

Should be a ripper game in front of a solid crowd.

hahahahaha

i think the weather drove off the scotch crowd, sounded like a tigers home game!

scotch got some work to do, will be better with the recuits back

houlihan will be out for a few weeks, soft tissue injury.

And Brian only ever pays cash... that's just how he rolls.
our comiseration and sincere condolences must be sent out to st bedes and brett collins on saturday as his recently new laid rug( hair piece) gave way in the strong winds on saturday and flew off into the winds! with his hand in plaster he was unable to catch it! maybe he can borrow some of those grass clippings from the mower to replace it!

our comiseration and sincere condolences must be sent out to st bedes and brett collins on saturday as his recently new laid rug( hair piece) gave way in the strong winds on saturday and flew off into the winds! with his hand in plaster he was unable to catch it! maybe he can borrow some of those grass clippings from the mower to replace it!

About as close as Beau Sharks posters can get to A Section is take pot shots at SBMT players. Fun reading C section with Beauy tipped to go through the season undefeated by Beauy posters. Amazing performance to drop down a section and do well. Perhaps you guys should try going up a section without all jumping ship before it gets too hard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats tragic news for brett collins, wat more can go wrong, afl career cut short due to foot injuries, cricket victoria contact lost due back trouble, knocked out in last yrs grand final and spent 2 weeks in bed, and now the broken finger, plus the sad the loss of the new rug blown away in the wind.
have a shit one brett.

Talk around Brindisi Street is that they are looking to enter their team in the VFL competition next year because they have dominated every football competition they have been involved with for the last four years.

I think it is fair to say St Bedes are the Old Brighton (pre season champs) of the real season. No doubt the local carpenter has been brought in to build another cabinet for their 09 trophy which seems like a mere formality. A couple of talent scouts were spotted in the crowd on Saturday checking on some of the playing talent of St Bedes. Perhaps that is the only thing that can stop the Tigers train to another premiership.

How did the other teams fare? No doubt Collegians were inspired by the blind, brave man at CHB?? See email link for details of the great man at :http://www.cricket.collegiansfc.com/players.asp?plaID=3

Just going through the results and noticed OEG came home with a wet sail with 11 shots on goal in the last term . Could have been a different result .

Just going through the results and noticed OEG came home with a wet sail with 11 shots on goal in the last term . Could have been a different result .

OB apart from 10 mins in the third were pretty equal with OEG.They used the gale to put on 4-5 quick goals.Oeg had plenty of chances to win in the last quarter but 8 odd points cost them.
St bedes will beat OB min 100 points.
Sinclair at fullfoward for OB not robust enough for the heavy work the backs will dish out.
ST bs rucks are as big as i have ever seen in amateaur football and the oB giant will have more bruises than a bouncer at the wharfies xmas party.

Talk around Brindisi Street is that they are looking to enter their team in the VFL competition next year because they have dominated every football competition they have been involved with for the last four years.

I think it is fair to say St Bedes are the Old Brighton (pre season champs) of the real season. No doubt the local carpenter has been brought in to build another cabinet for their 09 trophy which seems like a mere formality. A couple of talent scouts were spotted in the crowd on Saturday checking on some of the playing talent of St Bedes. Perhaps that is the only thing that can stop the Tigers train to another premiership.

How did the other teams fare? No doubt Collegians were inspired by the blind, brave man at CHB?? See email link for details of the great man at :http://www.cricket.collegiansfc.com/players.asp?plaID=3

The tonners are back! just taking a while to gel together.
we are still the flag favourites i would suggest. round 6 will tell us more.
good to see the return of the junkyard dog, adds that bit of hardness to the side. spriggs is a superstar, probably the best midfielder in the comp bar a fit james byrne. sinclair starting to find some form, gerta to come back. after having a chat with a few of the boys over the weekend im confident they have their eyes on september glory. tigers no chance to stop the tonners come september. i would be more worried about the xavs hoodoo.

OB apart from 10 mins in the third were pretty equal with OEG.They used the gale to put on 4-5 quick goals.Oeg had plenty of chances to win in the last quarter but 8 odd points cost them.
Sinclair at fullfoward for OB not robust enough for the heavy work the backs will dish out.
ST bs rucks are as big as i have ever seen in amateaur football and the oB giant will have more bruises than a bouncer at the wharfies xmas party.
Kid , where is the Greek superstar Condos ? Is he playing EDFL or did he take that modelling job as the face of Kappa clothing overseas ?

What killed it for OEG in the last was inaccuracy. They had the first seven kicks virtually unopposed and got six behinds before their first goal. At that stage they trailed by only 13 points.

They seemed to wilt a bit at that point and OB rallied and took advantage to claw a couple back, and then pull away.

There were two decisive cheap turnovers in the first quarter when Pegs were kicking into the wind, one just 25m out (why he didn't kick for goal, instead of chipping to a Brighton player in the centre I'll never know) and the other deep in the backline when a centering backpass went horribly wrong. OE might have led at the first break with a huge psychological advantage.

Could shoulda mighta - didn't! But Essendon can take quite a few positives away from the game IMO, it'll be interesting to see how they handle Collegians, Scotch and DLS over the next three weeks.

From what I heard the Lions played a scrappy game of football and not really up to par for A grade. Marc were horrible from reports i suspect it might be B grade in 2010.

Word out of the south road fish and chip shop is that Pat Phelan is coming out of retirement to bolster the Tonners midfield.

do you normally give out footy advice after losing games of football?

ppl talk about the last qtr like OEG lost it not that OB won it.. remember OB kicked 3.8 in the first.. by your theory OB should have won it in the first stanza! Edit - 4.3 into the wind in the last is what won it...

doesn't matter how much you win a game of football by.. it's that you WIN that counts...

And GobbleGobble, don't act like you're an OB supporter... you're clearly not...

ppl talk about the last qtr like OEG lost it not that OB won it.. remember OB kicked 3.8 in the first..

Well pretty much OE did lose it. OB only came good when the rain started, which caused the wind to drop. By that stage it was after halfway in the last quarter and *IF* a few of those OE behinds had been better, who knows?

Equally OB could have put the game beyond reach in the first if they'd shown the same downwind accuracy that they had in the third (5 goals 1).

Well pretty much OE did lose it. OB only came good when the rain started, which caused the wind to drop. By that stage it was after halfway in the last quarter and *IF* a few of those OE behinds had been better, who knows?

Equally OB could have put the game beyond reach in the first if they'd shown the same downwind accuracy that they had in the third (5 goals 1).

Come on tiger.. you can't "lose" a game if you're never in front?

and you're right, OB had double the scoring shots at half time.. OEG should have been put away from the get-go.. Poor kicking on OB's behalf kept them in the game and unfortunately they allowed them a sniff in the 4th, to which OB responded..

It's funny.. i never thought I'd be on here defending a win! The game was always going to be close with such poor conditions..

I'm guessing OEG are just looking at results anyway they can so they feel like they actually belong in A section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back