A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
collegians travelling very nicely

Both promoted teams going along beautifully.

There were a lot of thoughts last year as to whether COLL and OB's teams were good enough to make the step up, and although we are only just near halfway through the season, it's great to see that the promoted sides are not likely to "yo-yo" back and forth between grades.

Also says something for the quality of B Grade footy last year.

Another 42 touches for Freddie on the weekend against Xavs...can anyone stop him?

I heard a rumour the stats kid is a bit of a nuff nuff. Nothing against freddie, he is in good form. As for the rest of the bernies, it was a pretty disappointing display. Will need to lift significantly to pose any threat against brighton

I heard a rumour the stats kid is a bit of a nuff nuff. Nothing against freddie, he is in good form. As for the rest of the bernies, it was a pretty disappointing display. Will need to lift significantly to pose any threat against brighton

It was only 4 goals, not a bad effort against what i suspect is a much older more experianced Xav's team.

Going away so putting my tips in now

Uni BLues
Collegians
Trinity
Brighton
Xav's

Other than a 10 minute period in which they went to sleep and xavs kicked 4 goals (the eventual margin) the bernies were pretty even, if not on top. Outscored them after quarter time.

Brighton will be a big one this week, i agree.

Other than a 10 minute period in which they went to sleep and xavs kicked 4 goals (the eventual margin) the bernies were pretty even, if not on top. Outscored them after quarter time.

Brighton will be a big one this week, i agree.

Chris Mitchell in the best again we see Gill. Word has it from the bernards camp you know him very very well

It was only 4 goals, not a bad effort against what i suspect is a much older more experianced Xav's team.

Only four goals in the end but bernards were never really in the game. You hit the nail on the head in regards to experience. McLachlan makes a massive difference to the side.

Gil- i imagine you'd be sporting a massive headache at present after your weekend bender....

Freddie- another lazy 40+ posession game... if only i could draft u for superleague!

Drizzle- any chance this week...?

mL

We had Lincoln Reynolds last week.

Drizzle some chance but we'll keep that under wraps
The Champ, sounds more like John Cena. Funnily enough, Linc is actually a good bloke. I tried to poach him from OMs when he was working a mundane job for Gazman, but Carlsson snaffled him, along with Parko to OT.

Has any side gone from A Section premier to B Section before like OH will? By the way, I have been informed that for some reason, OEG's Frazer hasnt seen the virtues of BF yet and doesnt post here...

Thanks for the harsh spray then retraction Brian. after many years reading i've seen the virtues of BF and am ready to post.

i'm off to the B section thread, but hopefully OEG are part of this thread in 2008. A Bernards v OEG derby would be gold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the harsh spray then retraction Brian. after many years reading i've seen the virtues of BF and am ready to post.

i'm off to the B section thread, but hopefully OEG are part of this thread in 2008. A Bernards v OEG derby would be gold!
D8, welcome to BF, I for one and tipping your mob will make the step up to A Section this year. I also thought you were the second best side in 04 so I may be wrong. As Gough once said....'It's time'.

Both promoted teams going along beautifully.

There were a lot of thoughts last year as to whether COLL and OB's teams were good enough to make the step up, and although we are only just near halfway through the season, it's great to see that the promoted sides are not likely to "yo-yo" back and forth between grades.

Also says something for the quality of B Grade footy last year.

i don't think there was any doubt about collegians being up to a section after absolutely dominating b section last year...

old brighton however didn't have me convinced, but some cleaver recruiting has seen them show that they are most likely to be there in september. its good to see both clubs doing well in a section.

Surely an OEG choke is once again in order?

Our could it be 1,234th time lucky for the Jana Novotna's of the VAFA?

I tend to agree that they will once again choke!

As much as a Bernards V OEG derby would be a ripper it would also be quite enjoyable to see the cocky bunch of pr!cks languish in B grade forever.

D8, welcome to BF, I for one and tipping your mob will make the step up to A Section this year. I also thought you were the second best side in 04 so I may be wrong. As Gough once said....'It's time'.

OEG were the best side in '99, and finished 4th after choking on a 5 goal (approx.) lead at 3 Qtr time in the semi final!!

Can anyone give me an update on the surface at Headquarters....?
We played there a month ago on a sunny sunday against Collegians and it was rockhard and dusty..
Has it improves with the recent rain...?

ps: Freddie, worked out your average for the season thus far ....34 per game, impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back